Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hope this works out.

Reading everything on the website all I can say is I REALLY hope this works like intended.  I like how the boss fights will not be scripted and that boss abilities will be random for level.  So much to like about this game really hope it is not a let down in the end.

Comments

• BloodnokBloodnok Member UncommonPosts: 75

Reading down the feature list I just go yes, yes , yes, yes, yes...also, it's pre-alpha and they already have speech bubbes...it seems too good to be true!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by victorv1968

So much to like about this game really hope it is not a let down in the end.

I expect it will go well.  I've followed this off an on for a few years now, was even in a tech test a while back.  The team seems very realistic with design and quality is clearly the target.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Looks sweet, but with a name like that I hope they add actual repopulating.  You know, reproduction.. and stuff.

• saaysaay Member Posts: 455

Such a small team as well. It really does seem to good to be true. Oh wells, here's to hoping!

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by saay

Such a small team as well. It really does seem to good to be true. Oh wells, here's to hoping!

the big benefit for this small team is that they got someting former "niche" sandbox developers never had, a compleetly "free" AAA engine to work whit. there are ofc time cost and programs like Max and maya cost money but the cost while using that engine are cut down big time + tons of resorces a "indy" engine cant provide.

Whit the introduction of Hero Cloud the gaming industrie made a huge lead forward , well thats my view anyway. and hey if you got the engine,if you got the tools and smart-heads comunity behind it theen why not make it free for "just" 30% of the final product income.

You make money,they make money , everyone happy.  its how every bussiness should be run.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

This has many features i like, and i enjoy myself a good sandbox. But i ahve a few things that might make this a bad thing for me.

1) F2P on their website they mention going F2P, i dont play F2P games, 99% go Pay to Win and i wont invest a ton of money on loot. 15/month yeah id sign up in a heart beat.

2) Graphics look very outdated from the videos i seen. Perhaps it was just a bad video or still in beta so this will improve.

3) They arent advertising this, they should be all over the place and i just heard about them a few weeks ago. Even a year out, they should be getting people interested atleast.

I do hope this works out and is a great game. This or Archeage is about the only thing i see of a worthy sandbox mmo.

• RejakuRejaku Member UncommonPosts: 33

As stated in their forum they're looking to head along the DDO / LOTRO F2P model, which last I checked seemed to be one of the more widely accepted ones.

The screenshots don't look AAA, but it is currently pre-alpha and done by a small indie team, so to be fair you'd have to compare it to its own segment. As such it would be going up against other indie sandboxes such as Wurm or Xsyon. Put into context, the media that's currently available actually looks surprisingly good.

I can't help but feel reminded of Fallen Earth by some of the media however.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Rejaku

As stated in their forum they're looking to head along the DDO / LOTRO F2P model, which last I checked seemed to be one of the more widely accepted ones.

The screenshots don't look AAA, but it is currently pre-alpha and done by a small indie team, so to be fair you'd have to compare it to its own segment. As such it would be going up against other indie sandboxes such as Wurm or Xsyon. Put into context, the media that's currently available actually looks surprisingly good.

I can't help but feel reminded of Fallen Earth by some of the media however.

Because this game uses the hero engine.

I have been highly critical of the engine in the SWTOR and ESO boards, but in this case I will not be to critical of the engine, because I am not familiar with Above and Beyond Technologies, and I doubt they have the resources that Bioware/zenimax has to build their own in house engine to cater to what they want to do with with their MMO. My only concerns with this game now is:

How well will the game preform with a large number of players in one area?

Will this game be cut up into instance to be able to handle a large player load?

Will we have a living breathing game world? Or will we be playing in Zones?

All of which come to my mind just because of the hero engine.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by toddze

I have been highly critical of the engine in the SWTOR and ESO boards, but in this case I will not be to critical of the engine, because I am not familiar with Above and Beyond Technologies, and I doubt they have the resources that Bioware/zenimax has to build their own in house engine to cater to what they want to do with with their MMO. My only concerns with this game now is:

Will this game be cut up into instance to be able to handle a large player load?

These are all valid questions.  There will be some instancing in the game for private instances such as housing and some missions (quests) will make use of instances (mostly the missions will exist in the shared playable world though).  The beginning tutorial area will be instanced as well mainly because it will receive some of the highest load initially once people start to play and is fairly standard in many games now.  Most of the world will be single instance though and everyone will be part of that world.

As far as zones, we have zones in the backend that control some aspects of how all of the magic works on the server, but they are connected in a seamless manner so you can transition from one to another without a loading screen.  The world will consist of 3 continents with the first 2 being controlled by the major 2 factions in the game and consist of mostly Themepark style content and the other continent being more of a wilderness area that players can control and will consist of the sandbox elements of the game.

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by xerves
    Originally posted by toddze

These are all valid questions.  There will be some instancing in the game for private instances such as housing and some missions (quests) will make use of instances (mostly the missions will exist in the shared playable world though).  The beginning tutorial area will be instanced as well mainly because it will receive some of the highest load initially once people start to play and is fairly standard in many games now.  Most of the world will be single instance though and everyone will be part of that world.

As far as zones, we have zones in the backend that control some aspects of how all of the magic works on the server, but they are connected in a seamless manner so you can transition from one to another without a loading screen.  The world will consist of 3 continents with the first 2 being controlled by the major 2 factions in the game and consist of mostly Themepark style content and the other continent being more of a wilderness area that players can control and will consist of the sandbox elements of the game.

Ahh thanks for the reply, its refreshing to see someone associated with the game answering questions.

I have always thought there was a time and place for instances in an MMO, and an MMO that abuses instances does not feel like an MMO. It sounds like The Repopulation doesnt abuse them, and it has the right things instanced. I love playing in a living breathing game world, I understand why starter areas are instanced, but still not a big fan of that. Though its not a big deal as long as the world will be a single instance. 

Ill be following this game a lot more now!

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78

On the start area, it really is the tutorial area that goes over the core functionality.  There will still be other players in the area, but at a certain point it will splinter it into another instance if the load is to much.

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

After what happened to Dominus, I'm not getting my hopes up. When they announce a release date, I'll get excited.