Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recklessness a short "buff" you have to keep recasting?

I'm trying to decide between playing a few different classes. I've only played the Sith Sorc up to lvl 4.

One of the things that bugs me is the short range of his lightning attacks (10m).

I notice at lvl 8 he gets a spell called Recklessness that increases the range of Force Lightning to 30m, but it only lasts 20 seconds.

Is this a spell you continually have to cast in your spell rotation even at higher levels?

Thanks.

Comments

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

You get longer range based on your advanced class and skills you choose. Recklessness gets other procs from skill tree abilities. Check out TORhead for a full list of skills and abilities for every class.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    When you actually go sorc you get increased range. Recklessness then becomes useful for forcing crits when healing or dpsing. It has bailed me out of many a hairy healing situation. Very useful.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by zigmund

I'm trying to decide between playing a few different classes. I've only played the Sith Sorc up to lvl 4.

One of the things that bugs me is the short range of his lightning attacks (10m).

I notice at lvl 8 he gets a spell called Recklessness that increases the range of Force Lightning to 30m, but it only lasts 20 seconds.

Is this a spell you continually have to cast in your spell rotation even at higher levels?

Thanks.

Actually, you haven't played a Sith sorcerer yet.  At level 4 you are still only an Inquisitor.  When you pick your advanced class you can choose to become a sorcerer, in which case your lightning attacks will have the 30m range all the time.  However, if you choose to go the assassin route, they will remain 10m, but you will be more melee focused anyway.