Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smooth launch, really? About server types and queues...

So I pre-ordered and joined in early access and created *1* character on *1* RP-PVE server, Trask Ulgo, because they are supposed to have the best community and I wouldn't mind rping myself as I do in LOTRO.

In early access all servers were full so impatient people joined any type of servers to start the game and you can see by reading the general chat that a lot of people joined my RP-PVE server randomly and don't care at all about respecting the setting. Yeah "trade chat", bad jokes and smileys are back! Thank you Bioware for letting this kind of situation happen by not releasing enough servers from start.

Besides, in early access my server was already full and I had sometimes 15 minutes queue (200 people before me). Now the queue stands at 600 people and 45 minutes. How hard was it to block for official release already full with queues servers to prevent the creation of new characters and free them again say in one week? This way existing players could access their server and in one week real role-players could join it and non-RP players could choose the type they want.

I'm pissed off right now, I'm not sure I want to continue to play my character on Trask Ulgo as non role-players will spoil the channels so I'll have to restart on another new RP-PVE, I'll lose my existing character, certainly my name and 5 days of adventures. 

Say what you want, Bioware isn't so smart after all.

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I don't see how this is any different from Any other game. I'm not a role-player but I have played on RP servers in the past, the general chat channels are usually the same as any other server. People don't really RP in trade chat.

Pro-tip: create a chat tab that has those channels turned off.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Lol,I'm from EU and i wanna buy a digital copy....guess what? SOLD OUT!   WHAAAHAHHHA

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Originally posted by snoocky

Lol,I'm from EU and i wanna buy a digital copy....guess what? SOLD OUT!   WHAAAHAHHHA

Yup, EA want to make sure that all the existing boxed versions are sold so they can recoup the production costs on them before opening-up downloads again :D