Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me all the JRPGs for PC you're familiar with

ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

List them here for i'm trying to get some going.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Grandia II

The Last Remnant

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Recettear is the only recent PC exclusive JRPG I can think of right off the bat. That being said you can play through just about any console JRPG through the use of emulators. The selection of classic RPGs available to play on the computer is immense.

Depending on how far back you want to go, I recommend playing through Final Fantasy Tactics, Star Ocean 2, the DS remake of Chrono Trigger and maybe one of the Pokemon or Advance Wars titles. If you got a really hefty rig you can try running a game like Tales of Symphonia, but setting up Gamecube/PS2 emulators can be pretty dang complicated.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Vryheid

Recettear is the only recent PC exclusive JRPG I can think of right off the bat. That being said you can play through just about any console JRPG through the use of emulators. The selection of classic RPGs available to play on the computer is immense.

Actually just read a review on one earlier today I'd like to try ~ Aselia the Eternal  I've been in need of a classic JRPG for awhile now, but can't decide on which to get started on....there are so many choices!

Recettear was awsome though, and I have fond memories of Shining Tears on the PS2 ~ and yeah the cat-girl ninja was my favorite character.  I so miss the days of sprite based RPGs.