Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I feel sorry for that one guy though, he is close to tears and he keeps pushing the on and off button and then starts crying right before he shut off the video lol, aww.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by CalmOceans

I feel sorry for that one guy though, he is close to tears and he keeps pushing the on and off button and then starts crying right before he shut off the video lol, aww.

If he was crying, he was doing it when the video started but I think it's more likely that he had a cold.

• LowFlyingHamLowFlyingHam Member Posts: 98

Not surprising really, anything first gen from Sony tends to be a fail batch.  Not being able to turn the thing off because of a software issue however is just bad hardware design, I can't imagine what they were thinking.  I don't know much about the Vita but if it has adopted Apple's mantra of not being able to take out the battery without disassembling the device(goodbye warranty!) then compounded with not being able to shut it off via the power button, that's just wow.

Now Playing: Mission Against Terror, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, League of Legends, Minecraft, and the piano. =3

Visit my fail Youtube channel(don't leave me nasty messages!): http://www.youtube.com/user/Mirii471

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

I hate when you're so happy when you buy something new, only to be let down on it. Hope he gets to replace his Vita. 

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

I thought everyone knew enough to NOT buy hardware as soon as it came out?

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by warmaster670

If everyone knew to not buy hardware as soon as it came out, then nothing would sell enough for a company to want to continue producing it.

Originally posted by marinrider

If everyone knew to not buy hardware as soon as it came out, then nothing would sell enough for a company to want to continue producing it.

true, and who doesn't want to be the first to get a new gadget. look at the people who camp out for hours for apple products. 

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by ForTheCity

true, and who doesn't want to be the first to get a new gadget. look at the people who camp out for hours for apple products. 

I can't lie.  I love new things.  I get them as soon as they come out.  I however know the risks and I take em.  Sometimes I win..Sometimes I lose.

I self identify as a monkey.

I remember when my dad first purchased the X3. It was a big mistake since the newer models were much nicer. I don't know why he bought it the first year it was released. big mistake. yes x3 is a car so its different but still.

updated

• bakagamibakagami Member UncommonPosts: 152

what's up with this?  is this an import model?  I have mine paid for & on pre-order.  wont see it till feb 15th tho

~edit:  NVM,  just needed to watch the vids to get the answer to my question.  lets hope they've fixed this before Feb.  gonna have to keep a close eye on this.  thanks for the heads up

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Otakun

If he was crying, he was doing it when the video started but I think it's more likely that he had a cold.

But it's more fun to say that he was crying.  Take solace in others' misery!

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Let me rephrase it, i thoight the general population knew not to buy things as soon as they came out, leave it to the technophiles to go through the glitchy batches.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• LowFlyingHamLowFlyingHam Member Posts: 98

Let me rephrase it, i thoight the general population knew not to buy things as soon as they came out, leave it to the technophiles to go through the glitchy batches.

I think this is only the case with certain companies.  I'd definitely say that for Sony.  After the RROD issue with the 360 I'd probably say that about Microsoft too, I've had to service both the Xbox fat and the 360.  I've had to get the laser in my PS2 taken care of.  I think Nintendo's been fairly safe however, I really haven't seen or heard of any widespread issues like that with Nintendo hardware and I only had to get a second NES out of all the Nintendo consoles I own(I owned all major Nintendo consoles at least at one time or another... kinda still wish I had my NES/SNES!), and no servicing on any of their consoles.  I'd be really comfortable buying a first gen Nintendo console, however I think Nintendo has really nosedived since the 64 and wouldn't get one first gen anyway.  After the Wii and then the Wii U's gimmick controller I think many people are jaded at best.

Now Playing: Mission Against Terror, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, League of Legends, Minecraft, and the piano. =3

Visit my fail Youtube channel(don't leave me nasty messages!): http://www.youtube.com/user/Mirii471

Well they sold about 320,000 Vita's the opening weekend. Not sure how well that is for handheld system. 3DS sold about 370,000. 

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/39252/PS_Vita_Sells_320K_Units_In_Opening_Japanese_Weekend.php

Well they sold about 320,000 Vita's the opening weekend. Not sure how well that is for handheld system. 3DS sold about 370,000. 

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/39252/PS_Vita_Sells_320K_Units_In_Opening_Japanese_Weekend.php

Hm, I think average is the word.

The 3DS did end up selling ok but it also had to slash it's price though. Sony isn't a fan of doing that but it might be forced to considering many people think the price is rather high.

Hm, I think average is the word.

The 3DS did end up selling ok but it also had to slash it's price though. Sony isn't a fan of doing that but it might be forced to considering many people think the price is rather high.

I would definately not pay the prices they are asking in Japan. I heard the US prices are less, but correct me if i'm wrong. I don't think I would even consider buying this. All the games I played on my PSP were imports mainly SD Gundam, Gundam and Initial D. Didn't really have any US games I wanted to play especially at the high price tag of PSP games.