Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for loner types for DCUO (US) PC

I'm a late night player and I'm looking for some others who aren't into the whole social thing, but would like to play together to get some of the group content (alerts, raids maybe) done without problems.  I like to do them frequent until I get the things I need but I dislike grouping with strangers. I saw on the DCUO forums there was a late night league, but it's loaded with people and somewhat intimidating people who all talk down to you and wll "get around to helping" when they can (they never can).  

It would be ideal if some couple or something played since I play with my ex boyfriend sometimes, just two people can't do everything. Grouping with strangers in there gets bad results. All the hard work put into an alert so one person walks away with an item. If organized,  we could just keep going, working together until everyone gets the things they want. 

This is probably a useless request, but maybe someone out there shares the same thoughts as I do, and wants to work together.  The games fun just the people are a bit harsh and it's a stressful situation most of the time.  Nothing is worse than inspecting people and seeing they all have great items and are lower level, and are big socializers, while I am a shy individual who doesn't want to have join a big guild/league where so many people are talking, knowing all the inside jokes and ruining storyline info I haven't played yet, that I just end up quitting their league and playing alone on the corner of the map.  Not to mention waiting for a random group to fill an alert for the past 4 or 5 weeks has been extremely long maybe because of my poor combat rating or whatever they call it.   It's also interesting I always see couples duoing in mmos but they hardly respond to messages. I'd love to play with a group like that. 

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Maybe try the EU server?  There should be more people around at night in your time zone and, the server seems sociable enough.  True, there are a lot of habitual MMO loners around on the EU servers too, like myself, but I see a lot of groups forming up in chat.

• Kristin13Kristin13 Member Posts: 6

It wasn't selectable for me from the menu, but my connection to it is probably terrible like it always is with other mmos.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I could select US servers by clicking the link in the top left of the lauchpad widow and then using the drop-down box, though I didn't go any further than that. Maybe give it a whirl.

• BabyCurlsBabyCurls Member Posts: 1

Hi, what time zone do you play?  We can group and do duos if you like.  What timezone do you play.  I am in pst timezone.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I'm only level 12 atm but I'm always willing to group up and learn new things as well as share my knowledge thus far. My in game name is Psychosonal and I'm a Flying Fire 2 handed Villain. Hit me up if ya wanna chill out, i usually play off and on throughout the day! If your a Hero I can always reroll with my 2nd account and play that side, if it's allowed, haven't tried yet.

BTW im a freebie, no sub for me as of yet!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

hey, I play really late at night. I have a few heroes.  I checked the euro server but my connection isn't good there. It's not worth it. 

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Hi, Kristin. Please let me know if I'm too far outside your timezone/gaming time...I sent you PM. Either way, I hope your search is going well. =)

I sent you a private message. I'm not big into pvp at all, but if people here want to group up, let me know. 

• KnightFire19KnightFire19 Member Posts: 7

I would've sent you a message but after SOE screwed up my subscription and refused to fix the problem I've stopped playing.  Too bad to because I really loved playing DCUO.