Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing without Expansionsts

AthabaAthaba Member Posts: 48

Anarchy Online is free, but without expansionsets.
Do I have a chance in PVP without Expansionset?
A lot of good items require an expansionset. So, is ther a chance?

Comments

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

nope you will not have a chance.

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

The idea here is not to give people a free lunch.  It is so you can take your time in trying out different aspects of the game and then if you like what your experience, become a paying customer. 

PVP results have always depended on equipement, developpement and skill.  You may have the skill but the SL and AI owners will own you on equipement and developpement (because of the perks.).

• templarxtemplarx Member UncommonPosts: 181

I don't know if anyone see this like me, but there's one important factor here:

Who said free accounts have to compete against paid accounts? Nothing stops the 'froobies' to
    limit themselves to 'their own kind' . I don't know how things work in the -inacessable- zones where -all- or -most- of the paying players stay, but something tells me if PvP is going to happen for a free player it will be
    where paying players probably won't be.

Sure you will loose against paying players, but i believe the 'rift' will remain between free vs pay. In other words, free players will -avoid- paying players and probably have their own little party among themselves.
    Or rather if i wanted PvP but didn't want to pay [and i'm sure there's alot of those] , nothing stops you from ensuring you don't mix in with the paying customers [even if they got amazing resources].

Rather simple :
    Org 1 : Freebie Clans
    Org 2 : Freebie Omni
    Org 3 : Freebie Neuts

Requirement:
    NOT Shadowlands

PS : Rumour tells me there's a belief the Shadowlands ruined PvP .....so something tells me it might even
    be beneficial to go the 'NO Shadowlands" route?

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

How do you control your orgs into only recruiting people without SL.  How does an org know if the player has expansions ? 

Joe Smartypants has all the expansions and a lot of cash,  starts an alt, gives him every perk and advantage he can,  cause he wants to own the freebies in PvP.  As long as he doesn`t do something visible,  how do the others know ?

As for what SL ruined, its always the same thing,  SL xp made leveling easier,  those who did it on Rubi-Ka the hard way are miffed that its is a lot easier for a SL owner to equal his level.  Plus most people liked SL and Rubi Ka became deserted.  Everytime a game matures and things get a bit easier, the old timers go through the same type of reaction.  Saw it in EQ and even in SWG (for Jedis)....

• chimechime Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Red_Rider
    How do you control your orgs into only recruiting people without SL. How does an org know if the player has expansions ?
    Joe Smartypants has all the expansions and a lot of cash, starts an alt, gives him every perk and advantage he can, cause he wants to own the freebies in PvP. As long as he doesn`t do something visible, how do the others know ?

Have 1 account with the expansions in the guild, and try to buff the new recruits with an expansion buff. If it works, you kick them :).