Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] Fans OF Guild Wars 2, What is your profession? PT1

Comments

• ngueva2ngueva2 Member Posts: 28

I definitely agree that we've got lots of time to choose a profession and that the thief improvements may definitely skew the data

I have to say that I hope in open beta that all our professions hopes and dreams will be answered

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Thief. All day err day.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I like the idea of Necro. :)

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

My play order will probably be elementalist, thief, engineer, ranger, warrior, mesmer.   The guardian and necro are the only 2 that don't particularly interest me at the moment.  

• ZhaitanZhaitan Member Posts: 2

I'll most likely have a ranger as my main, and then try out the warrior or mesmer.

• I was just contemplating my characters and their names.

For sure I'm playing a Guardian, but Norn or Human?  Sheesh it is so hard to choose.

I am also playing an Elementalist - probably Sylvari

Next is Thief or Engineer - more because I want dual pistols - not sure I can hack either class as I don't do well with traps or pets in other games and I can't twitch.  So having a tough time deciding on this one.

Mesmer - I'm hesitating on this one just because we haven't seen much about it.  It's real kewl looking just not sure I can hack it since it's close to having pets.

Warrior - This is fall back profession depending on how the others work out - I would like one character of each race so five total.

Necromancer and Ranger - neither one interests me.

Now which one becomes my main?  I never know - every game I start approximately the same number of alts and every time my main is usually a big surprise - and hardly ever any of my first creations.

• KotabearKotabear Member Posts: 13

Ranger all the way!

Then to Mesmer.....

shoot might even try an elementalist.

Honestly, hard to say! All the professions are interesting. :)

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

ASURA Guardian! Those animations were insanely hilarious

Uhh... what?

• AnanamooseAnanamoose Member Posts: 118

Planning on making a Ranger my main. As for alts: elementalist, mesmer, warrior, necro. Might try engineer, not so interested in thief or guardian but I'll probably try them eventually though, just to try them and make sure they don't interest me. First character I'm making though is going to be a ranger :)

Do you want some cheese with that whine? :)

Originally posted by Auzy

ASURA Guardian! Those animations were insanely hilarious

I was just thinking about how crazy an asura with a greatsword on their shoulder looks

• AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

Strange to me to see Mesmer so high, but I guess people like the pure magician type.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Asuran Engineer hands down for me.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

I'll start off with a guardian first.  I always start off with the rough and tumble, right in your face profession to get a feel for the game.

Then probably a mesmer.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Engineer all the way, will bring nostalgia of my times with Arcanum... best... game... ever.  At least for me.

After that... hmmm Guardian since I honest think that is what a tank should really be, something that protects allies and not a "ohhh look at me! look at me!!!" (yes yes I know all classes can support)

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I usually play warriors for my first character because I love being in the mix. I do love that the poll looks decently spread out. Mesmir is high but to be expected with it being the newest reveal and some people who really liked them in the first. Getting clooooooser.......

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64

Lol... so many mesmers.

They are just overhyped because we have been in a news drought for so long then we just randomly got a huge news drop (mesmer release)..... Don't get me wrong, i think mesmers are awesome and i am keen to play one, but i think that a lot of people are choosing mesmer in the poll because they were released a couple days ago =P

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Originally posted by thedarkess

Play ALL the professions!

This. I always do this in all mmorpgs before i choose one to go max with
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by taylor2144

Lol... so many mesmers.

They are just overhyped because we have been in a news drought for so long then we just randomly got a huge news drop (mesmer release)..... Don't get me wrong, i think mesmers are awesome and i am keen to play one, but i think that a lot of people are choosing mesmer in the poll because they were released a couple days ago =P

Not really, it's because Mesmer was a signature Guild Wars profession... and we all kinda *knew* they'd be in GW2 in some shape or form, we just waited for ANet's confirmation.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Originally posted by Methos12

Lol... so many mesmers.

Not really, it's because Mesmer was a signature Guild Wars profession... and we all kinda *knew* they'd be in GW2 in some shape or form, we just waited for ANet's confirmation.

I totally agree that we kinda new it was coming so its not really a surprise, although, I have to say maybe 5-2% may be from the hype lol

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

See sig

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Lol... so many mesmers.

Don't worry.

When we finally get to play, at the first sign of complicated mechanics and what not, people will reroll in a flash.

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

I will play mesmer just like in Guild Wars. It was always my main and fovourite profession. 

I didn't choose it because

Lol... so many mesmers.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

When I first heard of the Asura being playable in GW2 some four or five years ago I decided I was going to play an Asuran Mesmer first and foremost. That stands to this day.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• jml816jml816 Member Posts: 53

i love how even that poll is.  hopefully this game comes out soon