Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOW GOOD IS THIS GAME?

Remi_sRemi_s Member Posts: 3

Do u ppl think this game is better than GW?
is it worth to buy?

Comments

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

you cant compare eveonline with anything else on the market rigth now specially not GW which i have tried too.

really depends what kind of game your looking for and what type of player you are, do you play alot or very casual,gimme more detail what your looking for and i'll try and help out.

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

I have to agree with micona on this one. Myself, I have played many MMO's and I can tell you one thing, EVE is in a class on its own. I'm not saying it's the best and yada yada. The entire basis on the game is unique in the world of MMO's and I think looks for more mature and patient players unlike many of the fantasy hack-and-slash "MMO's" being released now a days. Not saying that those "do quest and kill rat until level X then do new quest and kill goblin until level Y" games aren't any fun, simply saying that, if THAT IS the type of game you like, you probably won't get beauty of EVE.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• etruscanetruscan Member Posts: 130

I concur most wholeheartedly. The game is VERY well done, for the type of game it is... and the type of game it is, is unlike any other MMORPG out there. You will need patience, an analytical mind, and a penchant for pouring over subtleties in order to appreciate what CCP has created here. Of course, it has it's problems just like any other mmorpg... but they seem to be fewer and farther between in Eve than in many other mmorpg's I've played.

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

As everyone allreaqdy mentioned: You can't copmare EvE to the rest. It's unique and different. Is it for you? Can't tell you that.

Why don't ya just download it and do the 14 day free trial?

Just give it a few days. EvE isn't one of those cookie cutter games that open up on ya after an hour lke WoW. You need to get into the complex world and rule system first wich can take some time. The community is very helpful though so you shouldn't have any problems. Just as in your noobie corp channel if you have no idea what to do.

• SnikesSnikes Member UncommonPosts: 76

in my turn I will tell you that Eve is something special. I started the MMO with Planetside and when I wanted to play a true MMORPG I tried Eve-online. Since then I tried some other MMORPG (Ryzom, CoH, AO) but the Hack'n'Slash is definitely not my type of gaming. Spending hours killing monsters for XP must not be the center of all the gameplay.

And that's what Eve brings to me. You can spend your entire game time without fighting a single mob, you can peacefully trade stuff. you can do what you want and since skills are not linked to what you are doing. You can for example spend months training for fighting while peacefully gathering money through trading or mining and when you reach an acceptable level, buy some guns and go wild.

Missions are a side aspect of the game, you can spend all your time missionning (and that's very rewarding) but I know players that have NEVER been missionning.

And the corporations (guilds) ... There are so many things to do once you join a good corporation. For example, mine chose to launch a project : build 10 interceptors and sell them on the market. Here are the tasks that have been assigned to the members :

- traders : find the blueprint copies to build these inties at an affordable price.
    - miners : mine the require minerals for these inties
    - missionners : try to gather the needed special components from their agents
    - refiners : refine miner's ore
    - haulers : transport the refined ore to the production station's hangar
    - production : build the 10 inties
    - traders : sell these inties at the best price possible on the market

And I'm not talking about the corporations that are in low secure areas, members of alliances where players are organzing patrols and fleets to defend their territory. And talking about these player owned territories, I could tell you about small corporations organizing "ninja minings" to secretly steal minerals from these territories....

I could go on and on...

Originally posted by Snikes I could tell you about small corporations organizing "ninja minings" to secretly steal minerals from these territories....
    Heheheh... I'm appalled to hear that something like this would happen.

APPALLED!

::::20::

• AndyDK90AndyDK90 Member Posts: 6

Sorry, never ever tried EVE.. It sucks when games costs money (my meaning!)

All games cost money. But you can try Eve using the 14 day trial from this website... FOR FREE! That way at least, you can tell whether or not it's your bag before you buy it. After running a BF42 clan for two years, I'm now of the mind that MMORPG's monthly charges are cheaper than renting FPS servers.

• Demian_SkyDemian_Sky Member Posts: 21
    Yep, I've gotta say that snikes has said it best :-)
  • thinguythinguy Member Posts: 32

I'm just finishing up a 14Day Trial and have signed up for another month.

Like everyone has said, this game is different.  It's a different pace than other games.  It doesn't really feel like  a MMORPG because you don't really see other people because you're always in a ship and don't really bump into people. I guess unless you do PVP.

The community online, here, and at eve-i.com are all very friendly and seem like and older bunch.  I'm 33 and I'm assuming well above the average for other games.

Training is done in real time. The various missions, if done in safe zones, are pretty much auto-pilot. 

I would recommend just getting a free 14Day trial, download game and dive in.

http://www.mmorpg.com/eve_trial.cfm

One thing you might consider, and I might get flak for suggustting this, but I purchased some Isk so I could try out other areas of the game while still in the trial. 

For $8.00 I was able to get a better ship, play with upgrades and options for it,  and have collateral for Courier Missions.   Having the funds to do this within the 14days would have taken a lot more playing time than I could devote.  And without it I would have missed some features of the game that have kept me around.

Just a thought.

• HurpyHurpy Member Posts: 2

you really dont need to buy money to get into this game!

One thing i would like to say is that you will get the money for your new ship/gun etc before you have the skills to use it. This makes the community very generous ::::01:: for instance, when i just started this game, i asked how much a certain ship was. Somebody said 50k in channel, and at the same time they just gave me 50k! now, 14 days later, i would kindly give money if anybody had a special reason for it ::::17::

another kool thing is the fact that it has its own radio station, but i'll let you find out about that yourself....