Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing now and WHY?

Comments

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

MW3 since all my friends play.

and SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online since i've been waiting for this game for 4 years. It's a big disappointment tho. 

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

WoW regularly on weeknights.

Skyrim for a few hours on a weekend (bought it at release and only level 12 but it is fun!)

Going to bring my 65 hunter out of retirement on LOTRO and make it to 75. Apparently I accumulated more than enough Turbine points in 2 years inactivity to buy the Isengard expansion :)

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I'm playing Dragon nest because I don't like auto targeting MMOs

not to mention the lvl 40 cap is coming today.. Yay!
  • DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Anno 2070 while waiting for Bethesda to fix the Skyrim bugs.

Skyrim is the best game I have played in a long while. Full of surprises at every corner. So many different ways to play.

Definitely won't be wasting any money on the over-hyped SW:TOR (played 1 day in beta, that was enough).

Next mmorpg I play will be GW2.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

atm i,m playing eq2..why?..love the crafting in it...nearly has good as Vanguard,if not better

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I'm playing the SW:TOR and MMORPG forums as I await my Early Access to SW:TOR.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Only online game I'm playing nowadays is the Tribes Ascend CBT.  It's something to pass the time.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Darkfall - funnest controls and combat (once I got used to it anyway)

Skyrim - most immersive feel

Battlefield 3 - instant action FPS with great customization and classes

Guildwars - instant action grind-free PVP that always has lots of people and totally original builds are possible

Die 2 Nite - addicted to it for some reason . ...?

Thats it right now.

: D

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Im playing a ton but once something new comes out, I set the other aside and find it hard to come back. 

deus ex, dead island, rage, aion, warhammer:wrath of heroes beta(love it), COD:BO, brink, would like to still get mw3 and bf3 and skyrim.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I got into playing "Pirates of the Burning Sea" and I cant stop. 

Im a huge fan of the ship sailing genre.  Movies like Master and Commander and such.  This really fits the bill.  The economy is a bit complex, like EvE or even more so.  But otherwise its great. 

The game is F2P.  WIth very little restrictions.  However you can pay a one month fee of $15 and unlock the entire game forever.  You can cancel after that and everything stays unlocked.  So thats what I did. 

Its the most fun Ive had in an mmorpg in years. 

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Skyrim: For my fantasy immersive fix. I enjoy the sandbox elements.(About every other day)

Eve: for the space sandbox (About twice a week)

DCU: for a quick combat fix (About 2 or 3 times a week)

Each game, when I play, I'm usually on for about 1.5 or 2 hours.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Started a new toon in Skyrim. A Dark Elf thief/mage this time, that uses Illusion and Alteration for sneaky stuff :p Not decided yet if I go Thieves guild or Dark Brotherhood yet. This game just rocks. Wish MMO's could offer this rich world to explore and adventure in.

When playing with friends its either DCUO for the fun combat or some christmas event in other MMO's for nostalgic reasons.

Untill GW2 is released anyway. Might try Aion F2P in feb if there isnt a GW2 release date yet by that time.

• Sinner01Sinner01 Member UncommonPosts: 10

BF3, Skyrim...

Because I havent been accepted to SWTOR Early Game Access.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

No MMOs

3DS:

1. Mario 3D Land: Fun.

2. Ghost Recon Shadow Wars: A lot funner than I thought.

3. Lego Harry Potter: I like the Lego Games.

PS3:

1. Assassins Creed Revelations: Sister got it.

Wii:

1. Legend of Zelda Skyward: Heard it was good.

PC:

1. Dawn of War: Always wanted to play it.

2. Command and Conquer, got the 1st decade set. Only played Generals before.

3. Mass Effect 2: Never played it.

4. Bastion: Heard it was good.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Skyrim, because MMORPGs have sucked since EQ 3, I mean World of Warcraft, regressed the genre.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Super Monday Night Combat beta.  It's a hybrid DotA/Third Person Shooter.  Think LoL + TF2 (only in third person).   It's still early beta, but if things wind up in a similar state of quality to the original game it might just be my favorite game of all time.  The original title certainly appears to have influenced the current development of Smite, Hi-Rez's own third person MOBA/DotA title.

MMO-wise....there's just nothing that really interests me atm so I'm playing some F2P with DCUO.  SWTOR is intriguing and I enjoyed the beta, but not enough to pay full box price and sub right now.  I'll definitely be getting GW2 when the time finally rolls around for release.

Steam: Neph

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

EQ Classic New PvP server

Still as Awesome as ever

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

WoW

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas (finally bought it during Steams's tgiving sale), Nuclear Dawn (free weekend on Steam, I already own it though), Red Orchastra 2 (bought during same sale with F:NV), and Killing Floor (Twisted Christmas!).

Not a single MMO.  There aren't any around that I haven't played that are worth my time.  One Eve account is open, but will be closed here in a week.   I didn't care for SWTOR, and that is pretty much all people care about at the moment.  Multiplayer/Co-op/single player games are more fun and varied at the moment :D

• AkiyeAkiye Member Posts: 109

Aion I finally got bored of LOTRO. Tried Rift just not really feeling it Level 19 in Rift and i just cannot get into it.  The quest or the Warfronts. I do find the little rifts interesting though. Rest just bleh. Tried Vanguards i really liked the animations and the world i have seen so far, but I think i saw one person in 20? hours of play, so no thanks. I am enjoying Aion so far, but I will prob not enjoy it as much in endgame. Most have thier gear and all for pvp. Coming in with nothing will not be enjoyable. I also have not found a mature legion to join and have fun with yet. =( . I really cant think of any others to try at this time, so i guess i will stick with Aion until GW2. I wouldnt mind trying to find a fun sandbox game though.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Skyrim (mmo+rpg fix)

dungeon defender(multiplayer/coop/real player fix.....i blame skyrim for not supporting multiplayer)

football manager 2012(tell people what to do guild leader fix)

kings bounty series (HoMM vi fail badly fix)

brink(trying to save a dying game fix)

Waiting for

GW2, TSW, new kindle

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Originally posted by Quizzical

Uncharted Waters Online

Basically, it's the AAA sandbox game that a lot of people on these forums seem to be certain doesn't exist.  Though I think many of them use "sandbox" to mean "free for all full loot PVP", which UWO isn't.  Well, there is a little bit of it, but there are heavy penalties for attacking other players, so not many people do.

Like everything else Koei has ever made, it's way off the beaten path.  UWO has a heavy emphasis on exploration and trading, and not so much on combat.  I wouldn't want it to be the only MMORPG I ever played, but I do like to have some variety.

+1

• akiraclassakiraclass Member Posts: 16

Rift and eve ......

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I played a really cool story game called To the Moon, and a browser game called Thirst , but mostly waiting for you know what on dec 20

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

i'm playing Realms Online also known as Regnum Online. It's a lot like DAOC without any crafting, much better movement animation and a strong focus on RvR. It's fun and simple and very engaging and international.

i lke the wars alot. they are very intense for a fantasy mmo.