Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If there was a Minecraft with Darkfall Online with more complex Eve Online Mechanics it would rule!

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Imagine mixing these three games together.... it would rock.

I know people hate FFA PvP also but I'm sure you can insorporate something for the carebear whoosies..

 

Something like if you choose to be a pacisfist or something you are stuck in a PvE area but you they're like saints.. that don't go about killing other players but if they cross this kind of area thats like Limbo.. then they're fucked. then you have the real world where everything is FFA PvP and you can build and craft with the simplicity of Minecraft a world big enough like Darkfall with a lot of Eve Online's game mechanics...

 

I don't know talking out of my ass a little but just throwing the idea so someone does something slightly similar.

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

  • CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

    Originally posted by GeminiStatic

    Imagine mixing these three games together.... it would rock.

    I know people hate FFA PvP also but I'm sure you can insorporate something for the carebear whoosies..

     

    Something like if you choose to be a pacisfist or something you are stuck in a PvE area but you they're like saints.. that don't go about killing other players but if they cross this kind of area thats like Limbo.. then they're fucked. then you have the real world where everything is FFA PvP and you can build and craft with the simplicity of Minecraft a world big enough like Darkfall with a lot of Eve Online's game mechanics...

     

    I don't know talking out of my ass a little but just throwing the idea so someone does something slightly similar.

    The only thing is you would be stuck with minecraft level graphics due to hardware limitations.

  • GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

    Originally posted by Cuathon

    Originally posted by GeminiStatic

    Imagine mixing these three games together.... it would rock.

    I know people hate FFA PvP also but I'm sure you can insorporate something for the carebear whoosies..

     

    Something like if you choose to be a pacisfist or something you are stuck in a PvE area but you they're like saints.. that don't go about killing other players but if they cross this kind of area thats like Limbo.. then they're fucked. then you have the real world where everything is FFA PvP and you can build and craft with the simplicity of Minecraft a world big enough like Darkfall with a lot of Eve Online's game mechanics...

     

    I don't know talking out of my ass a little but just throwing the idea so someone does something slightly similar.

    The only thing is you would be stuck with minecraft level graphics due to hardware limitations.

     

    yeah so I guess the simplicity of building with be intact but it will take slightly longer.... so that it gives graphics time to load? Like maybe some kind of que or something?

    Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

    It's really easy to say "Hey, take this, and this, and this, put em all together, and you'll have the greatest thing since sliced bread!", but... it rarely works out that way. Why not push one of the above mentioned games to move in a direction you think is more suitable - i.e. Darkfall PvP in Minecraft, or building mechanics in EVE? Not saying that will be much more successful, but if you're going to talk out of your ass, point that ass at someone who can institute change.

    image

  • GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

    Originally posted by Comnitus

    It's really easy to say "Hey, take this, and this, and this, put em all together, and you'll have the greatest thing since sliced bread!", but... it rarely works out that way. Why not push one of the above mentioned games to move in a direction you think is more suitable - i.e. Darkfall PvP in Minecraft, or building mechanics in EVE? Not saying that will be much more successful, but if you're going to talk out of your ass, point that ass at someone who can institute change.

     

     

    THIS!!! LOL 

    Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

     

    Instead of all that, I'd settle for a Minecraft where I didn't have to juggle files and directories around just to add in mods and neat extras.

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,346
    I am curious are there any MMO with world building close to minecraft?
    Also since eve is a sandbox and mine craft is a sandbox, do they share gameplay elements?

    Philosophy of MMO Game Design

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

    Originally posted by MMOExposed

    I am curious are there any MMO with world building close to minecraft? Also since eve is a sandbox and mine craft is a sandbox, do they share gameplay elements?

    1) Most MMOs don't have terraforming or the world building tools that Minecraft has.

     

    2) Most sandbox-style MMOs are drastically different from each other, as the elements that put them in that category are the tools and toys allowing emergent or non-scruipted play. They share the same elements as Play-Doh, an Etch-A-Sketch and Lincoln Logs do.

     

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

    Years before Darkfall launched i realy thought we would get a steady 50k player base of hardcore players, who are comming from all FFA PVP mmo's and we will have years to come of great times.

    Not knowing WoW IN 2005 released and in 2008 end of year 300k extra registered on forumfall when beta was announced in 2 months time my dream game was ruined forever by all the thousends of ex-carebears, even those i thought where hardcore where infact  whiners and pussy cheaters(yes many longterm followers where fakes after all) game was hated by so many themepark players Darkfall could never have survived  realy sad true story:(

    Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

    MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i
    OS:Windows 10 64bit

  • onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

    Originally posted by forest-nl

    Years before Darkfall launched i realy thought we would get a steady 50k player base of hardcore players, who are comming from all FFA PVP mmo's and we will have years to come of great times.

    Not knowing WoW IN 2005 released and in 2008 end of year 300k extra registered on forumfall when beta was announced in 2 months time my dream game was ruined forever by all the thousends of ex-carebears, even those i thought where hardcore where infact  whiners and pussy cheaters(yes many longterm followers where fakes after all) game was hated by so many themepark players Darkfall could never have survived  realy sad true story:(

    That is a cheap shot man. Don't blame themepark players because there are not enough players to support sandbox games. How about try to find faults and drawbacks in sandbox genre itself instead of throwing blame on players who got nothing to do with it?

    How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

    ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

    Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

    Even though EVE is FFA, it's still surprisingly easy to not get ganked if you play smart. This idea that carebears can't live in FFA is out-dated - A better phrasing for it would be idiots can't survive in FFA.

  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,346
    Originally posted by Loktofeit


    Originally posted by MMOExposed

    I am curious are there any MMO with world building close to minecraft? Also since eve is a sandbox and mine craft is a sandbox, do they share gameplay elements?

    1) Most MMOs don't have terraforming or the world building tools that Minecraft has.

     

    2) Most sandbox-style MMOs are drastically different from each other, as the elements that put them in that category are the tools and toys allowing emergent or non-scruipted play. They share the same elements as Play-Doh, an Etch-A-Sketch and Lincoln Logs do.

     

     

    Well. What makes eve a sandbox?

    Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Sign In or Register to comment.