Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion: LFD - Like (but not really).

azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I know, Bioware doesn't read these forums. I am aware of that. I will make this post there later, maybe :) but just thought I would write it out anyway =P

I was remembering how you finish a group quest it asks you if you want to add the ppl in your group to your friends list.

What if, when you took a heroic quest, the quest asked you: "Do you want to enter the LFD for this quest?" You click yes, and you are entered into a zone wide (possibly even quest wide) - server only LFD system.

Just to mention too. I am fine with the system it has now. It's just an idea :)

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Comments

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Thi is one efature i am really indifferent about. If they implement it fine if they don't i am still fine. Dungeons in any MMO forms a small part of over all content. there is a whole game out there to socilaize and play with other players.

But yeah i would be fine with it.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• I prefer a lobby system where players can ask for invites from players who've created a lobby for a group quest/flashpoint.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

James Ohlen Some people ask for a dungeon finder system but the thing about those systems is they're really for more of a mature online game. If you put a system in early on it really takes away from the exploration of the level up game. If you have people all just basically waiting around their dungeon finder and all being grouped up together, they're going to actually take the time to explore all the worlds that are available in the Old Republic galaxy. So it's definitely a feature that we want to put in, we just want to put it in at the right time. However, the looking for group feature is something that we continue to work on, we want to make that more robust and more powerful. 

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Axxar
    I prefer a lobby system where players can ask for invites from players who've created a lobby for a group quest/flashpoint.

Yea me too .. but that doesn't seem to be the norm. A lot seem to prefer just being whisked away into a group of strangers.

I guess the only reason to think about it in other terms, to think of other ways to do it is in hopes that when they do, do it .. they will do it BW / SWTOR style and not just lump us in with 5 other servers we dont care anything about.

The other part of this is that .. the heroic areas make up a lot more content than the actual flashpoints. So something that worked with that would be helpful.

I dont think it will be a problem at release, but I do think that if enough people complain, they will change it. So was just trying to figure out something of a compromise to suggest.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Is there an option in the game to "list" the players of certain level range playing on the server currently?

If yes, its a good starting point.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by chopgr

Is there an option in the game to "list" the players of certain level range playing on the server currently?

If yes, its a good starting point.

It has a listing, and people can flag themselves as LFG.  You can sort the list by level or other factors, and there is a comment box where the players can specify what they are looking for a group for, or possible specify the role they want to play in a group (healer, dps, etc...).