Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lag?!

Tnk0072Tnk0072 Member UncommonPosts: 98

alright, so pretty much my computer lags horribly when i play this game, which makes no sense...i have been playing the free version, or well tried? i mean i run aion, age of conan, the swtor beta on the highest graphics, it should have nothing to do with my computer i would guess...idk i want to try it but i have been having horrible lag:(((

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the game is poorly optimized and runs best on a single core

change your performance settings to BALANCED and you should be fine

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

do not try this game on optimal settings,it will lag...i made same mistake..i set it to high and thats it..nothin else m8.i think there is v.high and ultra..dont touch em m8 trust me..noones pc can play this game on optimal lol..well none that i know of.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I had problems on the Freeport server as well. Having played without any problems on AB with the same PC I think the problems are with SOE. The previous posters are correct and EQ2 doesnt like multicore procs but Freeport is or was something different I think.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• JenadaraJenadara Member Posts: 95

It runs off of CPU rather than your graphics.  I generally turn off shadows and dont' even bother with Shader 3.0 (it's really buggy anyway).  Complex  Shader, Distance Rendering, and Bumpy Point Distance are the big things that lag the game as well.  If you notice it's worse when you are in groups, then turn down some of your animations and particle effects.  (Make sure you hit the "Advanced" button on the top right corner of their Display options to see all the slider bars and such.)