Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

account was suspended help

i haven't played in like 6 months now i can't login saying they suspended for suspicious activity i am so lost and kind of angry any ideas on why this happend

?

Comments

• Zeal77Zeal77 Member Posts: 158

Sounds like you got hacked broski.

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

this is what it says actually

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

Instructions for lifting this restriction have been sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix Account.

For more information about the login restriction, please refer to the following page:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/j/lbna

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Same with me, it really sucks. No its not hacked, because 1 hour before I was playing it like normal, logout for dinner, came back and bamm....suspended. Even worst is they cant prove the account is mine...now my account is in limbo. wtf...

The only thing I can think of is that the account was logged in on different IP before, my friend wanted a taste so i lend my account to him. Their customer service really sucks, they havent learnt anything from FF11 at that department...sigh.

So what now i can;t get this account back at all? when i first started playing i put in the trial for a friend thing in the account but i didn't even log onto that part no gamer friends i know even have internet they don't like mmorpgs so will it eventually come back or am i screwed?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by yaminsux

Same with me, it really sucks. No its not hacked, because 1 hour before I was playing it like normal, logout for dinner, came back and bamm....suspended. Even worst is they cant prove the account is mine...now my account is in limbo. wtf...

The only thing I can think of is that the account was logged in on different IP before, my friend wanted a taste so i lend my account to him. Their customer service really sucks, they havent learnt anything from FF11 at that department...sigh.

The FFXIV terms of service prohibits sharing your account with another person, and may be the reason behind your suspension. 

is there a way i can get it unsuspended but no one but me used the game and i played a good 4 months without it happening before

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by d00fbysancho

is there a way i can get it unsuspended but no one but me used the game and i played a good 4 months without it happening before

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=902&la=1

Contact support. 

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

This is why authenticators are a good thing. :p

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

This happend when u log onto the your accvount from a computer you dont usualyl log into from. Getting access back is easy, log into the email related to your account. DUH.

This has happened to me go to ur email and reactivate it for christ sake

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Take advantage of the opportunity, and don't play FFXIV anymore. 

Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by yaminsux

The FFXIV terms of service prohibits sharing your account with another person, and may be the reason behind your suspension. 

As if you havent shared accounts before....all other MMOs prohibits this. But TBH ever heard anyone getting caught with it?

My guess because I logged on different IP, that's the only plausible explaination.

edit: that account sharing...was two months ago.

Well one thing is the original computer i used to play on died secondly no one but me logged onto this account since none of my gamer friends play mmo's so what should i do since i haven't gotten one email from them at all. When i tried loggin in it was saying it sent an email to the account i registered on

I'm sorry to say, your account is lost. You could try calling them, there also live chat support, but I havent had the time to do it.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Take advantage of the opportunity, and don't play FFXIV anymore. 

This

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

OP, a quick google search makes me think this is a common thing. Go to SE's support and send a ticket, they have fast reply times on them and get them to allow both IPs on the account. From what I read, they set off a flag if the same account logs in on two different IPs in a certain amount of time.

Just sign in here and go to there support section.

Originally posted by Draron

OP, a quick google search makes me think this is a common thing. Go to SE's support and send a ticket, they have fast reply times on them and get them to allow both IPs on the account. From what I read, they set off a flag if the same account logs in on two different IPs in a certain amount of time.

Just sign in here and go to there support section.

I tried that before, and I changed my password. But it didnt work, somehow the system didnt change it. Using my old password to log, the same error message as OP occurs. With the new password, I get "Invalid username/password" message.