Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft- Not a MMO, but a GREAT sandbox and a Question for Full Version players...

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Is it worth buying the Full Version?

As I'm a big fan of Sandbox MMOs (yes, FFAPvP and all) is there  such aa server for me to indulge in?

I play the free version on the browser and I love it but I know I'm limited and also no sound comes out even if the sound menu says ON 

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Honestly, buy it.  Thereafter all updates are free, and with the vast number of mods you can download, there's always something new to try.  I've whiled away many an hour on it.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I have read that Minecraft allows folks to make some damn real looking builds(well feature correct models). Someone had made a LoTR model IIRC.

With these models, can a person create a game utilizing Minecraft? IE set up a rules system, script encounters etc? If so, some folks are going to make some pretty kick arse apps going forward. Heck even 360 is getting set to get in on the action.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Yes it's worth buying. 

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Felt like I got wayyy more money's worth out of Terraria.  After playing Terraria a long time I broke down and tried Minecraft and was really disappointed.  Clunky crafting and pretty bad game mechanics to the world.

And Terraria is much cheaper, as I recall.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Yes check the Hero (plugin) based servers.