Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely Hilarious - Gaming Etiquette at its Best in Lineage 2

blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

I nearly fell on the floor when I saw this video. People actually queueing to kill a MOB for a quest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEn_VfoPcW8&feature=related

This has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in a MMO

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

lol - that is rather odd

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

There are SOOO many people on the servers it's crazy.  Playing on Magmeld and it's packed to the rafters.  Makes me feel good to see people playing nice, especially in a game where you CAN try and kill anyone at any time.  Faith in humanity +1.  I've been playing a couple different toons for about the last 3 days or so and only run into 1 bad apple thus far.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

ah, thats nothing. on our server few days ago we had even bigger line, and oddly enough, people were civilized about it and actually stayed in line.

then ofc, after 40minutes or so, we finally got hold of a GM that was kind enough to summon enough quest mobs for everyone.

i got pictures of the line and it was glorious.. ill see if i can find a place to upload them..

heres few pics i took..

http://imageshack.us/f/64/shot00003rt.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/546/shot00004s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/824/shot00005xb.jpg/

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405
    hahahahha oh wow

Glad to se L2 so alive in the west, even as a F2P.

This is probably the last mmorpg with a true WORLD since WOW came to the genre, it deserves respect and a long life.

Can't wait for Lineage Eternal btw, it looks better than D3 in every way possible.

Nice work NCSOFT, showing to the world how lazy Blizzard has gotten over the last years.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

Originally posted by koira1

ah, thats nothing. on our server few days ago we had even bigger line, and oddly enough, people were civilized about it and actually stayed in line.

then ofc, after 40minutes or so, we finally got hold of a GM that was kind enough to summon enough quest mobs for everyone.

i got pictures of the line and it was glorious.. ill see if i can find a place to upload them..

heres few pics i took..

Nic pics .. It just blows me away that people actually follow real world standards in a VR world.  Way to go Lineage!.. What a good rap for your community.

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Originally posted by blythega

Originally posted by koira1

heres few pics i took..

Nic pics .. It just blows me away that people actually follow real world standards in a VR world.  Way to go Lineage!.. What a good rap for your community.

quite frankly, i was suprised how people behaved there, i did not expect such civility here. during our wait we even had entertainers and high level buffers when people had waited long time, some high level people took their time and helped out by giving buffs and healing people that were figthing on the front line.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Lol that just made my day :) Thanks for sharing. Restores a little of my faith in humankind ! Yay

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by spaceport

Nice work NCSOFT, showing to the world how lazy Blizzard has gotten over the last years.

how does a large crowd for a f2p conversion equate to that?

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Wow, that's the best thing I've seen in weeks when it comes to an MMO community.

+1 to everyone who behaves like that.

Seeing this actually makes me want to try the game out now.

• DazmanJunketDazmanJunket Member Posts: 2

I wonder how many are from WoW? LOL probably none.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Polite respectful people in an MMO?  That's great.  Certainly not something seen often.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Originally posted by teakbois

Im talking about Lineage Eternal.

You can watch the gameplay trailer in youtube, it has better graphics, superior combat, more details, you can interact much more with the enviroment, etc.

And it's an MMO, not a single player rpg with co-op, usually single player rpgs have better combat and graphics.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I think you may have missed the point.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

This is probably the last mmorpg with a true WORLD since WOW came to the genre, it deserves respect and a long life.

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

The community in L2 is pretty awesome, People are very helpful and when i first saw the line while doing my quest, it was really amusing. Never expected people to actully act mature in a MMO of all things, The people who organise the line and such are really great too ^^.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Wow I just watched the video, it's amusing and seriously suprising, even coming from americans. Here in the EU, on the new server that opened yesterday, it's total chaos and anarchy. Everyone's kill stealing like crazy, GMs are in the game world, respawning HUGE packs of mobs in the over saturated low level zones. It's a complete mess but it's a blast!

Oldschool open world mayhem at its finest :)

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Reminds me of the wait to fight the Main Fins group, DAOC Hibernia.  It was an especially long wait for a Nightshade because we sucked at PvE.  Ah DOAC how I miss you.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

You can watch the gameplay trailer in youtube, it has better graphics, superior combat, more details, you can interact much more with the enviroment, etc.

And it's an MMO, not a single player rpg with co-op, usually single player rpgs have better combat and graphics.

Blizzard was making a sequel to diablo 2.  They werent trying to reinvent the wheel.  Plus, always best to wait til two games are out to compare them.

Blizzard was making a sequel to diablo 2.  They werent trying to reinvent the wheel.  Plus, always best to wait til two games are out to compare them.

Im sure no one would complain if Blizzard implemented a new combat mechanic like this one:

(From 8:25 ownards)

But you are right, we should wait to see how both games are at launch :)

otacu

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I bealive the L2 political system, pvp ffa, pk rules and no safe leveling zones creates this community.

Your actions really matters in a world like L2.

Its things like this that makes this game the best i have in the market atm, even with 7 years old.

Still dream with some L3 :)

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by blythega

I nearly fell on the floor when I saw this video. People actually queueing to kill a MOB for a quest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEn_VfoPcW8&feature=related

This has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in a MMO

lol I remember something like this in FFXI when they brought out the companion npc quest, we was all queued in this cavern, unfortunately some were not so polite, but it went very well.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Jabas

I bealive the L2 political system, pvp ffa, pk rules and no safe leveling zones creates this community.

Your actions really matters in a world like L2.

Its things like this that makes this game the best i have in the market atm, even with 7 years old.

Still dream with some L3 :)

+1 to thisimage