Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO bugs and glitches

SilverdaggerSilverdagger Member UncommonPosts: 119

With the F2P launch looming, I thought I'd share some of the problems I ran across recently with new characters.  Hopefully other players out there can express some of the issues they've had so we can all avoid the game's pitfalls.  [Or...we can just laugh at each other's bad luck.]

Federation:

1) Near the end of the Tutorial mission your character is directed to report to Lieutenant Kelly.  Kelly instructs you to engage the Borg and rescue some colonists.  Afterwards Kelly gives the go-ahead to damage the Borg structures.  Unfortunately, although I'd completed everything necessary (several times over), Kelly refused to acknowledge my character's presence.   I could see other characters completing the mission so I knew the npc was just out of commision for me.  Fix: logout. 

2) Planet W006-PSI in the Regulus system.  I recall there being a number of bugged missions in this area at beta.  On this occation the away team beamed down normally but moving about 30 steps in any direction teleported the crew members (not your captain) inside a nearby hill.  I wouldn't have known where they went if it weren't for my Andorian officer's antennae sticking out of the ground.  This time logging out didn't help.  Trying to solo the mission proved fruitless.   Suggestion: avoid this mission until Cryptic fixes it.

3) While not a bug per se, Cryptic's environment designers pick inappropriate places for hidden walls.  For example, planet Zeta 346 has a nice ridge of cliffs.  My toon wanted to do some base jumping (sans parachute) but got wedged between the boundry and cliff half-way down.  His officers blindly followed - jumping on his head.  While my toon can jump off the 2nd floor or a starbase and sustain a good bruise, jumping off a cliff incurred no damage.  Fix for stuck toon: beam to ship. 

Klingon:

1) Tutorial: Your character starts out learning how to fight in hand-to-hand combat.  I wasn't paying attention and my toon got beaten.  After challenging a new opponent my toon exhibited it's masochistic tendancies by ignoring all attempts to get it to fight back. A final attempt was made with my battered toon ducking behind columns (running away is not the Klingon way).  Fix: logout.

2) Qo'nos: First City.  Is this place a Federation holographic joke?  First, Q turns my toon into a Horta (not a bug), and then my toon fell through a wall and ended up below the area map looking up at the distant floor.  Logging out didn't relocate the toon. Fix: beam out.