Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Days

Will all the whining and complaining stop once the game is released? I get so confused everytime a new game comes out why people feel the need to bash the game even before it launches.

I enjoy TOR and cant wait for the 16th. I just hope soon after release I can go to an mmo related site, and the people who have such issue with TOR are back focusing on a game they enjoy. I am in no way saying TOR is perfect but I think its a good game and has the potential to be a great day.

I hope you all enjoy your game, I truly think now is the time to head back to those game.

Comments

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

It will get worse before it gets better, no matter how successful TOR is.  In fact, the more successful it is, the more people who dislike the game will rail against it.  I think once GW2 and TSW come out, you'll see some of that stuff start to dissipate since at least one of those games is bound to capture the attention of the people that have an irrational hate of TOR.  

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

The hate will never completely go away, I mean, just look at the most successful MMO today...

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

It will rise and peak a few weeks after launch I think.  People will move on to hating the Secret World in a couple months.

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

honestly, sites like this are filled with angry disenfranchised mmo players who think everything sucks. those who are playing a mmo and liking it are not coming to a general mmo site, they are going to a site dedicated to there needs and are searching for specific answers to help them in game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Originally posted by ProfRed

It will rise and peak a few weeks after launch I think.  People will move on to hating the Secret World in a couple months.

I've liked the concept of TSW from the beginning and at one point I was looking forward to it more than TOR. After I played in the TOR beta and saw Bioware's signature all over it, that changed. I've had a lot of respect for BiW since the original Baldur's Gate days and, I believe, EA learned their lesson with Warhammer and are not likely to interfere with this one. So far I don't smell their stench anywhere near TOR.

TSW otoh, is brought to us by the same people who did Conan and how that game was launched left a bad taste in my mouth. When I relaized that the only part of the game they had actually paid any attention to prior to launch was the starter area, I felt like I had been conned. I quit that one after a month.

GW2 I will play but I've always played GW in addition to whatever other MMO I was playing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

this entire website will always be filled with whinny my game vs your game fanboi vs hater threads no matter how good or what game it is.

the more popular and mainstream a game is the more crying you will always see. if this game is as successful as it looks like it will be, the hating and in turn the defending of the game will only intensify.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

this site seems full of gw2 fans telling everyone that other games are not as innovative and butthurt sandbox gamers.  I see the same posters in every single thread ranting about the exact same thing and more often then not derailing the thread. I dont think these guys are going anywhere.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

It follows the same rules of Doomsayers through the ages 'THE END IS NIGH!' It's easier to say something is not as good as it's supposed to be and that it'll be a spectacular failure so that they can say 'I told you so' if, by a one in a billion chance, it does fail. Not sure what people get out of crapping on perfectly good games when the general response to not liking something should be to quietly go and play other games you DO like. The gentlemen doth protest too much methinks, as Hamlet would probably say. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Krytycal

The hate will never completely go away, I mean, just look at the most successful MMO today...

this ^

7 years of hate, and still ruling ... hating definitely is not bad for the health.....lol