Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Of pandas and glimmers...

Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

I won't start by saying, "Like most of you" because I do not actually know what the majority of you feel about it, but I will start with, "Like most of my friends..."

Like most of my friends, I feel WoW has progressively gotten worse with each expansion. While "parts" of particular expansions helped the game, WoW has been headed in the wrong direction. I had been playing since launch and Cata was the last straw for me. I quit roughly a month after Cata released and havn't looked back.

With the Mists of Panda' coming out in the future, I cannot help but wonder if it could be a saving grace for this aged and dragged down game. Yes, 99% of my mind tells me there is no hope for WoW, but that 1%... begs for a glimmer of hope.

Will I be purchasing MoP? Unlikely, especially with the slew of newer MMO's coming to the market, but I have to wonder what some of your thoughts are. But I guess I won't know until that time...

(is there any hope for WoW? I believe Cata was the last nail in the coffin...)

I'm not looking for the "WoW sucks lawlz" reponse. I am truly interested if anyone feels WoW has any hope at all.

Comments

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

WoW is a better game now that it was in the past, the only thing thats really changed is the players its aimed at. That is it started as an EQ clone and has moved to be much more casual friendly. People can bang on about "the good old days" but for the most part that is the only thing thats changed in any significant way.

And if thats your issue then no there is no hope for you and WoW.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ya wow went from vanilla wow being a mmo to cataclysm being a corpg.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Wow has changed to what type of players it cateers to, nothing wrong with that even though old players might not like it.

Blizzard want to maximize the number of players, and getting younger players is easier than to try to get the older ones.

Makes sense to me.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Im sure many people are angry or just rolling their eyes at Blizzard, myself included. However, they are being very smart. They've successfully made the game more and more casual and accessible each expansion to the point where there is barely any challenge anymore.

I recently discovered from a friend who has been trying to get me to play again that triple exp with recruit a friend has been extended to Outland now and group quests have been dissolved so that they can be solo'd. Also, Northrend exp has been increased.

Many older players who are fans of MMO's i think are becoming more and more dissapointed with the game as it is no longer catering to them and simply shoving them aside for the larger, casual market.

With Star Wars on the way i think Blizzard is aware its going to lose a chunk of its playerbase which is why im thinking they are now aiming their marketing at an entire new audience. The game is cheaper than ever at $5 dollars for the battle chest and $10 and $20 for WotLK and Cataclysm.

I have a lot of great memories with WoW but ive also spent the years looking beyond the game to the next MMO i can experience only to return to Azeroth dissapointed. Now, with all the new games headed our way in 2012 as well as Blizzards attitude towards its more hardcore player base, its like we're being lured out and forced out at the same time. Its time to leave Warcraft behind for the last time.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Game is doing fine.  I will get the expansion.  I have been looking for the pandas since playing Warcraft 3.  As to SWTOR...I intend to play it as well.  Both games will complement each other well and I can swtich between the two when one get stale. 

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201

I was going to play swtor and i was really into the beta but for some reason I just sub to wow like last week again like i always seem to do now and again.I have to say am no longer going to play swtor the main reason being that they are giving some people a weeks headstart.

i preorder it if u preordered early u get more time whitch is dumb and turned a number of people i know way from the game. This won't be a issue on pve servers but on pvp server a weeks headstart is just bullshit.

So yep looking forward to mop now and i been waiting for Never Release 2 aka Guild wars 2 but seems that is never coming out so MOP it is!!!

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by zephermarkus

I was going to play swtor and i was really into the beta but for some reason I just sub to wow like last week again like i always seem to do now and again.I have to say am no longer going to play swtor the main reason being that they are giving some people a weeks headstart.
    i preorder it if u preordered early u get more time whitch is dumb and turned a number of people i know way from the game. This won't be a issue on pve servers but on pvp server a weeks headstart is just bullshit.

So yep looking forward to mop now and i been waiting for Never Release 2 aka Guild wars 2 but seems that is never coming out so MOP it is!!!

lol i heard some weird reason before but this takes the prize.