Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone also feel that the Sith Assassin is bugged?

HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Is it just me or is the sith assasin a bit bugged?

Let me explain my issue here.

If a sith assassin use his self buff he gest: 10% reduction to physical and magical damage.

If he further more use his dark charge and its skilled up: he get another 9%.

Total 19%.

now if you have both these activated your armor counts for nothing until you beat that 19% reduction, when you do beat it, then the dark charge buff of 9% and the class buff of 10% will be useless since it does not stack with you armor. Only thing it will add now is elemental reduction. That seems wrong to me? I mean in the start with no good armor its really cool, later on it useless.

I only got to level 15 so didn’t try any of the other skills out that gives you reduction to damage, but if they work the same… geez

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Hexipox

Is it just me or is the sith assasin a bit bugged?

Let me explain my issue here.

If a sith assassin use his self buff he gest: 10% reduction to physical and magical damage.

If he further more use his dark charge and its skilled up: he get another 9%.

Total 19%.

now if you have both these activated your armor counts for nothing until you beat that 19% reduction, when you do beat it, then the dark charge buff of 9% and the class buff of 10% will be useless since it does not stack with you armor. Only thing it will add now is elemental reduction. That seems wrong to me? I mean in the start with no good armor its really cool, later on it useless.

I only got to level 15 so didn’t try any of the other skills out that gives you reduction to damage, but if they work the same… geez

Why do you say it doesn't stack with armor? That wouldn't make much sense.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Its a buff, what is a buff good for if it does not stack with your own stats.. that would be the same as having a buff that gives you 100str. but when you reach 100str on your own the buff does nothing anymore.

These two buffs sets your reduction to 19% after that it does nothing. if u get 19.1% from armor then these two buffs are useless (in the matter of reduction phys)

It should work like it says 10% reductio and 9% .. + your armor .. if you have 4% from your total value of armor + these buffs then your reduction should be 10+4+9 = 23% .. its 19%.

if you have value from your armor that is 18.9% then with these buffs your total is 19% not 9+10+18.9 ... get the idea? being naked or have armor equiped does nothing untill u get good enough armor that beat 19%.

Its a buff, what is a buff good for if it does not stack with your own stats.. that would be the same as having a buff that gives you 100str. but when you reach 100str on your own the buff does nothing anymore.

These two buffs sets your reduction to 19% after that it does nothing. if u get 19.1% from armor then these two buffs are useless (in the matter of reduction phys)

That's not accurate. It stacks.  

Assassins are able to tank with their defensive buff. Not so much without it. It definitely stacks. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Originally posted by dubyahite

Assassins are able to tank with their defensive buff. Not so much without it. It definitely stacks. 

no they dont. I tested this out firmly. tried to unequip all my items my reduction and the damage i took was exactly the same. Untill i got better armor around level 22 so i had 21% reduction from armor alone.

no they dont. I tested this out firmly. tried to unequip all my items my reduction and the damage i took was exactly the same. Untill i got better armor around level 22 so i had 21% reduction from armor alone.

I played a shadow to 50. You are mistaken. Trust me. i've made pulls in flashpoints a couple times when I forgot to put the tanking buff on.  SPLAT.  I got killed in a few shots. Put the buff on, did it again, it worked fine.  

You missed something in your tests, because the mitigation from the buff is in adition to the armor. It's what allows shadows/assassins to tank. They can't tank without it. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

I played a shadow to 50. You are mistaken. Trust me. i've made pulls in flashpoints a couple times when I forgot to put the tanking buff on.  SPLAT.  I got killed in a few shots. Put the buff on, did it again, it worked fine.  

You missed something in your tests, because the mitigation from the buff is in adition to the armor. It's what allows shadows/assassins to tank. They can't tank without it. 

Maybe you should read what i say. Else ill try explain why the buff still are VERY usefull for you (even though your level 50)

Dark charge gives you 150% more armor (at level 50 that would make you armor do a whole lot more reduction than the 19% i talk about here) it also makes your shield block 15% more often. that also help you insainly towads tanking at 50. If u forget this buff you loose 150% armor and 15% blockrate .. ofcause that owns you at level 50, yet it had nothing to do with my topic here. Read from the start and read firmly.

Yet it still remains that if you have below 19% from your armor with these buffs on u being naked or not matters nothing in terms of reducing damage. It also remain a fact if you have more than 19% reduction from armor then the buffs are useless in terms of phys defense. Wich is a bug, the talent skill charge mastry is useless at 50 for a tank. And im wondering if thise also goes for the rest of the +% reduction talents.

Maybe you should read what i say. Else ill try explain why the buff still are VERY usefull for you (even though your level 50)

Dark charge gives you 150% more armor (at level 50 that would make you armor do a whole lot more reduction than the 19% i talk about here) it also makes your shield block 15% more often. that also help you insainly towads tanking at 50. If u forget this buff you loose 150% armor and 15% blockrate .. ofcause that owns you at level 50, yet it had nothing to do with my topic here. Read from the start and read firmly.

Yet it still remains that if you have below 19% from your armor with these buffs on u being naked or not matters nothing in terms of reducing damage. It also remain a fact if you have more than 19% reduction from armor then the buffs are useless in terms of phys defense. Wich is a bug, the talent skill charge mastry is useless at 50 for a tank. And im wondering if thise also goes for the rest of the +% reduction talents.

I understand exactly what you're saying. I'm saying that the buff is working fine. It increases your armor rating (not youre damage reduction percent) by 150 percent.  So if you have 1000 armor points, it becomes 2500 with the buff on.

It works. 

Edit to add, the class buff isn't a reduction to physical and magic damage, it's a reduction to internal and elemental damage.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Charge Mastery: Improves your effect of Dark Charge: Increase Internal and elemental resistance by 3/6/9% .. so internal is not phys? what is it then?

And if its not bugged then the character screen is because it says Damage reduction 19%. with those buffs up. Should be changed to Phys reduction: x Elemental resistance x: insted of having all in one then its not correct.

Internal is not affected by armor. It is the damage from dots mostly.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Internal is not affected by armor. It is the damage from dots mostly.

This is what the OP is not understanding.

The "self buff" and the extra you get from the one talent (different effect based on charge) is internal and elemental. *edit* when you use dark charge that is.  *end edit*

Internal is like bleeds and elemental you could say was force related (lightning etc).

Armor has to do with physical damage reduction.

So those are different things entirely.

Your armor goes to a damage reduction which is based on your defense rating.   So if you open your character sheet you see you have a certain % chance to defend (block, evade parry) and you get a certain % of damage reduction on a successful defense roll... but that has 0 effect on internal and elemental attacks.

Shields work the same way as defense.. shield chance and shield damage reduction but they also don't work on internal or elemental attacks.

That is why if you play a Vanguard/Powertech or Jugg/Knight you may notice between two equal level (gold star mobs).   You kill one and take hardly any damage.   Fight the other and take a lot of damage... because you have almost no defense against the attacks the second is using.. unless you have picked some up on gear.

So the Assassin who is tank spec... isn't bugged.   They are in fact walking around with some defense the other tanks don't have.   I'm not sure how their shield ratings and defense ratings are in comparison.. but without someone else buffing them Assassin/Shadow are getting something the others aren't in this paticular scenario anyway.