Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For anyone who can't get enough of the intro cinematics! *video*

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Wouldn't tht have been great ingame annimations and graphics?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

That was actually pretty good!

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Don't think we are there yet for an MMO with CGI-like graphics.   There is ALOT involved and it's just way too expensive and time consuming.   Also, you would have to have a Ultra high end computer and very good internet to even get it at that level. 

We are just not there yet.  Maybe in 5-10 years :)

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

The cinematics leave goosebumps, I can tell you.

I would pay a lot of money to watch a Star Wars film built from the ground up in that style. It'd beat Hayden Christiansen any day of the week.

(Below is an official cinematic from the game - don't watch if you don't want to see it)

This has been my favourite so far.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by BarryManilow

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Don't think we are there yet for an MMO with CGI-like graphics.   There is ALOT involved and it's just way too expensive and time consuming.   Also, you would have to have a Ultra high end computer and very good internet to even get it at that level. 

We are just not there yet.  Maybe in 5-10 years :)

well depends on how good of CGI we are talking. For comparison FFVII CGI at the time looked AMAZING but it's nothing compared to how good FFXIII or these star wars CGI looks.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

They even wrote a book about it called "Deceived" by Paul Kemp. Just got it from the Library. Gonna read it once I finish the Darth Bane books =D

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by ghettobooste

They even wrote a book about it called "Deceived" by Paul Kemp. Just got it from the Library. Gonna read it once I finish the Darth Bane books =D

Paul Kemp is great writer love his stuff!

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578