Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NWN was a CORPG, then PW turned it into a MMORPG: what do they mean by that, or is that just marketi

2»

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

To be honest I was skeptical about PWE taking over Cryptic and how it may impact their future work. That is, until I saw Cryptic's dealings with Atari and their recent actions of converting STO into possibly one of the best F2P models out there. Now I'm kinda just waiting to see what happens with Neverwinter.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by chelan

a couple of notes:

DDO is based on the older 3.5 pnp ruleset which allows for tremendous character customization.

so does 4.0, if you ever bothered to try it, id love to see your reasoning for how you can create such a tremendouc customised character over 4.0, as for the enough people not liking it comment, the same oculd be said about 3.0 from teh whiney ADND2.0 fans, or the whining about anything else from the ADND fans.

And no, making more numbers go up isnt "tremendous customisation".

4.0>>>3.5 for making an interesting unique character actually, you can actually do some interesting stuff instead of basic attack, basic attack, power attack, basic attack, basic attack, power attack etc, hell combats actually interesting for a melee character.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Jumdor

Example of 4E being WoW inspired: When you take the Pen and Paper game and make it balanced to where all classes can heal in some way or another and throw in wildly massive weapons and toonish looking size shoulder pads. Not to mention almost every option operating the same as an attack. That is the part I am talking about, as I said more power to them. I don't discourage playing it if that is what you like. I mainly added that so players of 4E would know I got no hate. Just a personal taste toward that style that I don't prefer.

Ya, heaven forbid your able to heal ONCE ina  battle, OMG so overbalanced, I can heal one quarter of my max HP once, oh wait, you cvant just spam potions all battle? funny how no one mentions that, in 3.5 you could just chug potions, yup thats real challenging, in 4.0 if you suck and just chug potions, you die.

Really, it seems like every anti 4.0 post i see is absolutley clueless about 4.0, as for your WoW comment, seriousley? are you joking? oh noes heaven forbid they have some colour in there books OMG WOW COPY, its very clear youve never played 4.0, or even looked at one of the books if your talking about oversized weapons and shoulder pads.

The cluelessness of people on 4.0 is just amazing.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Asm0deus
    I have one question.
    Where was it ever mentioned that this was indeed Neverwinter NIGHTS 3 ?

As far as i can tell it was always Neverwinter ONLINE,  i dont see the NIGHTS part.

I think people just assumed it was NWN 3 when it never was .

Just because something has Neverwinter in its title does not mean its a continuation of NWN 1 & 2.

I dont get how people can overlook this SIMPLE fact, unless im mistaken and the company actually said it was NWN3, if so give me a link !

It's not really a simple fact, nor is it obvious. For many people Neverwinter = Neverwinter Nights. Especially if they've never played the PnP game. Unless you dig into some of the details, that there is even a difference between NW and NWN would never be noticed.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• WATSKIWATSKI Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Jumdor

Example of 4E being WoW inspired: When you take the Pen and Paper game and make it balanced to where all classes can heal in some way or another and throw in wildly massive weapons and toonish looking size shoulder pads. Not to mention almost every option operating the same as an attack. That is the part I am talking about, as I said more power to them. I don't discourage playing it if that is what you like. I mainly added that so players of 4E would know I got no hate. Just a personal taste toward that style that I don't prefer.

Ya, heaven forbid your able to heal ONCE ina  battle, OMG so overbalanced, I can heal one quarter of my max HP once, oh wait, you cvant just spam potions all battle? funny how no one mentions that, in 3.5 you could just chug potions, yup thats real challenging, in 4.0 if you suck and just chug potions, you die.

Really, it seems like every anti 4.0 post i see is absolutley clueless about 4.0, as for your WoW comment, seriousley? are you joking? oh noes heaven forbid they have some colour in there books OMG WOW COPY, its very clear youve never played 4.0, or even looked at one of the books if your talking about oversized weapons and shoulder pads.

The cluelessness of people on 4.0 is just amazing.

To be fair to the other side though, chugging potions didn't really work in 3.5 either, at least in the traditional ruleset. When you quaffed a potion, everyone around you would get an attack of opportunity. If you were to be hit, you had a Concentration check to pass or you didn't drink it. The NPCs could also just target the potion itself and break it completely. And even if you managed to get passed all that, remember that potions are finite, and your ability to carry them is finite too (once again, if you were playing standard rules you would need to have them somewhere you could ready them).

Finally, even if you got passed the shoddy 13 AC of a potion bottle, passed any Concentration checks, and managed to drink it, remember potions only go up to 3rd level. Which means, at higher levels this tactic is completely useless on so many levels.

I'm not against the 4ed's heal ability, but they should have made it temp hitpoints or something to that effect, because healing in 3.5 WAS much harder.

Aim Small, Miss Small.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

Too bad it will  be F2P.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Caldicot

Too bad it will  be F2P.

thats your opinion. Mine is the opposite ;)