Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim at last

tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Ok AT LAST Skyrim runs in my pc. Can hardly express the cheers of joy after it launched succesfully  ( i had some wierd problems was getting a wierd problem message fixed it with updating windows to sp3).

So  here we go with my observations. keep in mind i spended in past more than 1 year playing daggerfall 2+years Morrrorwind 2+ years playing Oblivion and i was a fun of Tes series.

Graphicks:      what i witnessed so far was simply amazing. I was especially impressed with the various armours looks on the characters .Really well done job. Weather is made perfectly saw some snow storms as i was looking forsome caves in the snowed wilds for a quest nearby the starting village.Looked so realistic. Characters graficks are well running along quite well to the eye im still beyond sock as how my Nord Barbarian looks on the fur armours and i havent noticed loosing any frames so far so cheers as well and i just have a nvidia gts450 1gbt card with a cheap 4 gbt ram ddr3 (i play it on win xp so its 3 gbt recognised),very mediocre motherboard and q6600 quad processor which i bought 3 years ago.

Combat:        Just for the record i started imeddiately in the  expert lvl difficulty sinc ei had expirience form tes game sso far. It took me 3-4 fights to start get used to it. Its not Oblivion ,certainly not Morrorwind. 1st of all when u block or parry u can move around but u cant launch attack at least at start with out skills which u obtain later shield bashes etc . If u want to perform an attack u must let block down and start pressing Left mouse button so no surprise fast attacks while u pretend u block. Combat fewling i got after battling some random bandits was awesome.It touched realism in some points. Made me believe i was having combat in Connan's movie (the Swarrtzenegger vanilla one). Combat has something brutish especially if u have heavy wepaons 2 handed axes and stuff like this. One negative i observed it wa sthat sometimes after my blows with enemies on the move nearby me i ddint understood sometimes if i hit them or not . Maybe it has to do with letting your eyes get used to and observe better as blood throwns out of enemies but maybe they way they made it  u cant observe it  easilly.  I cant post anything more for combat right now since i havent played that much yet and i can not conclude more things safely. I noticed one handed weapons do 7-9 dmg, at least the 1st ones u find while the 2 handed weapons do 18-22 dmg which something bit more than double range. I wonder if heavy 2 handed wepaons that wieght more and do more dmg are also slower in use  in combat as they should. Something else that is negative i observed is that after each battle the character 's life bar regenerates! abd it 's also  very fast. Is my toon a vampire or werewolf or something? Thats bad simply causeit negates the approach of buying potions or wasting mana to heal yourself .Its called elimination of resouerces distribution and ofc it makes resting like it has no use.

Character advancement:  I was thrilled by all i read her ein the forums about it. All these possible combinations i read about and options u have ..well.. Excuse me  but im a demanding one here. 

1st of all No ATTRIBUTES? i mean wtf? STAMINA LIFE AND MANA? Are we serious herE? gee i dont know but this is TES PPL its  not a damn console rpg. Pc rpg players have some standards here. jesus man that was a heavy shock allright. I mena seriously proggramers grow up this aint Fable or diablo. Its bloody TES!!! Thats a huge hammering to rpg approach of character built.

2nd   Im playing a barbarian. I wont mention the number of skills i used to break my head on which  of all these usufull skills to pick in Daggerfall, neither Morrorwind even Oblivion but this is sad.: 1 handed weapons and 2 handed weapons only? Surely i wont learn magic of any school simply Barbarians dont do that but apart sneaking and only up to a certain point since my character is not a rogue or assasin , dont see there is anything else than the skill tree concerning 1 hand and 2 hand weapons i could pick . Maybe a few points in shield tree but only a few since im not a knight ora paladin but a barbarian. Ok my alt was always a wood elf ranger style with sneak attacks and 2 handed delicated blades.Maybe on that character  i could have more options of which trees i could choose alchemy ,more sneak lvls maybe. But seruiously this is another sign that some Bethesda programmers havent got a clue if   Arx Fatalis was rpg or real time stragy game or if d&d  was an rpg or a type of explosive, and whoever understood, understood. And sadly due to the game mechanics i dont think any mods could help us with enriching characters advancement aspect.

Crafting: I read some disturbing rumours that u can easilly raise proffs like smithing and some other proffs letting u build some quite powerfull relics making game really easy. if that be the case i wont touch them at all and therefore crafting is like it does not exist at all.

Ui-Interface Im bit lost here could use some tips on how to change from 2 handed weapon to 1handweap+sheild or 1 hand weap+torch fOR SOME REASON BY holding down on menus 1-6 keys the menu that was apearing let u assign items 1-6 keys is not here. from what i saw a mod could save us here cause i found the menus and the way they work bit disturbing  here. Again someone that played rpg's in consoles will be probably ok but hey this is pc.

Conclusion: Seems like a game im gonna spend maybe even more hours than i did with previous tes games. Whole package is quite appealing ,if u consider the hell of a strong MOD community we have out there . If there were 3-4 mods i could ask for my personal joy it would be a character screen ,attributes,Or at least more characters advancement trees to make it less PLAIN,(i dont know if it will be possible though), a mod abut eliminating passive life regeneration and encounters chance upon rest, and and for god's shake UI-INTERFACE.....

Comments

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Yes, the absence of attributes is sort of a downer. I'm always miffed to see another aspec of character building and customization go. If Skyrim had attributes, I think it'd be a better game for it.

On the other hand, after putting in 100+ hours, I think it's still an amazing one, and the best in the series. The way all the elements come together, it's just such an immersive experience. The other day I launched the game, fully intending to finally  continue with my main storyline, and what I ended up doing was just sightseeing, meeting the odd person in the wild and doing the odd dungeon - for four hours. 

On crafting: It's good if you don't powerlevel or use 3 professions (enchantment, smithing, alchemy) to beef each other up so that you end up with godly stats. What I'd advise is: Don't buy ingots or ores from sellers, just use the ores you find and mine yourself. Don't go the spam-craft-iron-dagger route so that you get to 100 smithing in a matter of hours. Don't use pots or the like to proc better gear or enchantments. I'm skilling up all 3 and doing none of the above, and the items I find in dungeons or questing are on a par with what I'm crafting. 

In the end, I'd say what actually works best in this game is just come up with a concept for your character and go for it. Like, does it make sense for your character to be a master in all three professions of smithing, enchanting and alchemy? They're quite different disciplines. Just don't lapse into powerplay. I played it like I did Morrowind, and I found the game responded really well.

Oh, and Sneak + Archery is a bit overpowered. I purposefully gimp myself a bit here. :)

Gratz on finally running it by the way. Have a good time out there! 

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

So true about the barbarian - I started scratching my head when I rolled one, too. If you're not going to be a hybrid, you almost have too many perks! It's almost as if the game's telling you, "Hey, you're an effin dragonborn, don't just stick to the weapon and armor, child, go wild!" :)

So now I have a barbarian that's an eloquent orator. Take that, haughty imperials! :P

The game does rule, by the way.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Originally posted by solarine

Yes, the absence of attributes is sort of a downer. I'm always miffed to see another aspec of character building and customization go. If Skyrim had attributes, I think it'd be a better game for it.

On the other hand, after putting in 100+ hours, I think it's still an amazing one, and the best in the series. The way all the elements come together, it's just such an immersive experience. The other day I launched the game, fully intending to finally  continue with my main storyline, and what I ended up doing was just sightseeing, meeting the odd person in the wild and doing the odd dungeon - for four hours. 

On crafting: It's good if you don't powerlevel or use 3 professions (enchantment, smithing, alchemy) to beef each other up so that you end up with godly stats. What I'd advise is: Don't buy ingots or ores from sellers, just use the ores you find and mine yourself. Don't go the spam-craft-iron-dagger route so that you get to 100 smithing in a matter of hours. Don't use pots or the like to proc better gear or enchantments. I'm skilling up all 3 and doing none of the above, and the items I find in dungeons or questing are on a par with what I'm crafting. 

In the end, I'd say what actually works best in this game is just come up with a concept for your character and go for it. Like, does it make sense for your character to be a master in all three professions of smithing, enchanting and alchemy? They're quite different disciplines. Just don't lapse into powerplay. I played it like I did Morrowind, and I found the game responded really well.

Oh, and Sneak + Archery is a bit overpowered. I purposefully gimp myself a bit here. :)

Gratz on finally running it by the way. Have a good time out there! 

I might do what u suggest on crafting. I never liked to exploit games i play anwy. I always try to play them in whatever realistic way possible i can.

None denies its a great game i said it also in the last paragraph that i see quite a burning incoming

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

It sure is huge dumb down game for PC as its pure console game and they want easy simplistic gameplay.

But becouse of how world looks and how they improved on dungeons the movement is still great for PC and combat have its charmes camera is superbly handled even for PC im still very pleased with game.

This SKyrim world realy give you feeling that you immerse yourself in a fantasy world full of secrets to discover and explore.

The freedom is still there and the OPEN world also only now the world looks so much better and realistic.

I play from first minute Master lvl and thats also way to EASY im dissapointed with difficulty of game.

But i still would have loved if it was more made for PC games and in style of morrowind. thats why i give overall not more then 8.5/10 still good for console port.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i