Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: Goddess & 'Truly Free' Launch Today

2»

Comments

• jackimusjackimus Member UncommonPosts: 7

I heard this game won't run on Win7 64bit. Can anyone confirm?

• feiritedfeirited Member Posts: 57

@jackimus

I can run it with my 764bit =) Atleast the trial one....

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Can somebody clear something up for me, where is the European Lineage 2, or has it merged with the US like LOTRO did?

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Originally posted by gaugemew

for those that think this is l2 for free, think again.  most people have 600k by level 20 which takes 10 minutes to get.

This is not lineage 2.  The masses won out here, it has gone carebear.

How has it? This game was always intended for end game PvP. Now you can reach it faster.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by xK3rune

Soo many people, and apparently GMs are giving free level ups to random players in the starting area? So far so lame, I was excited but I guess I'll wait... can't click anywhere to move w/o clicking a player.

Erm! :) All players are starting in the same area now! You saw alot of players in one spot and some of them leveling up right? Is because they finished some quests at the NPC located in the same exact spot! You can speak with him and start questing ! Then you will come back to hand the quest(s) and you will get "GM LVL" same as others :) No seriously, how does people though that GM is leveling random players? And SPAMING the global chat with : GM PLZ LVL ME! !@!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Originally posted by dreamsofwar

Can somebody clear something up for me, where is the European Lineage 2, or has it merged with the US like LOTRO did?

The EU version will be managed by Innova, and will launch in a couple of weeks, so far as I know.  Keep checking here:

http://www.lineage2.eu/en/

and here:

https://forum.4game.com/forum.php

I'm looking forward to trying this game after hearing good things about it for years.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by xK3rune

Soo many people, and apparently GMs are giving free level ups to random players in the starting area? So far so lame, I was excited but I guess I'll wait... can't click anywhere to move w/o clicking a player.

Erm! :) All players are starting in the same area now! You saw alot of players in one spot and some of them leveling up right? Is because they finished some quests at the NPC located in the same exact spot! You can speak with him and start questing ! Then you will come back to hand the quest(s) and you will get "GM LVL" same as others :) No seriously, how does people though that GM is leveling random players? And SPAMING the global chat with : GM PLZ LVL ME! !@!

Strangest and most comical part of the night. I was standing around wondering why people were screaming for GMs to level them, took me a while to make the connection.

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

LAGGGG....can barely move, running like 5fps or less lol...or it it just me ?

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Yea it was 9incredibly laggy for me too. The amount of players is overkill. To have any normal gameplay I will have to wait some time. Btw. I used to have a bishop lvl 55 on naia but when I logged in I only had 1 character. Some only alt lvl 3? wth?

• gakulegakule Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Pro tip: turn off shadows if you are having lag problems
  • ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

This game works 100% on my win7 64bit :)                         100% no issues, so just do it, and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its fun, no carebear, unless you are into that kind of thing :D

This is still hardcore, best game ever! :D

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

I've always wanted to try L2, but its way too much of a gankfest for my taste.  Unless NCsoft wises up and adds a PvE server, I'm not going to bother.  

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Originally posted by Wraithone

I've always wanted to try L2, but its way too much of a gankfest for my taste.  Unless NCsoft wises up and adds a PvE server, I'm not going to bother.  

Hmm, I played L2 back when it launched for about 6 months and got killed exactly 3 times. (outside of castle seiges) Did the game change later that turned it into more of a gankfest?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

Originally posted by Wraithone

It's far from a gankfest now. They introduced a new karma system that heavily punishes the player who kills you unless you flag. A player who gains karma now has to kill 350+ mobs for a first offense. Not only that, but they don't gain any experience or skill points while doing so and they can't just "die it off" like before.

It's so bad, that some people who accidentally pk or out of anger, either reroll their toon because it's not worth the hassle of washing their karma or they just quit. I've heard reports of people spending 4-8 hours washing their karma and in doing so they also died a few times to vengefull "whites". A friend of mine accidentally went red at 68 and 93%. It took him 3 hours to wash the karma and he was killed by players so much that he was down to level 68 and 32%.

So yeah. No one is going to pk you now unless you flag.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Originally posted by Kyleran

Did the game change later that turned it into more of a gankfest?

No, it hasn't. It's actually become less of a gankfest and as you already stated, it wasn't much of a gankfest back then either. I'm sure there's rare personal instances where someone gets heavily picked on, but it's only ever happened to me a single time in 3 years (starting at launch) and has never happened to anyone I know that plays the game regularly.

With it being free to play now, the law of averages will kick in of course, and we'll see a lot more troublemakers hit the scene. Thankfully, L2 has a great pvp system in place that creates a tough life for the troublemakers, so it weeds most of them out quickly.