Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

II will not play another RPG untill Diablo 3 is released

XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

I have stoped playing any type of RPG for 5 months now... i just cant find anything that excites me... my last great hope is Diablo 3.. After all that was the game that got me statted in online games, Back in 2000 (Meaing diablo 2)  i have played about a dozen games since and only a few have stuck with me longer then a year.. But diablo. was the grand daddy of them all for me..

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm in the beta right now. There is very little actual content available for testing compared to the overall game, so with that understanding...I'm not sure why they haven't released it. Everything works and seems to work well. Each class has unique mechanics and a unique play style. Being able to sell your stuff, DE your stuff and then craft new stuff went pretty smoothly. Even the companions worked out pretty well. Their pathing is a little dumb though...you can get them stuck on chairs and stuff. That is, if you don't destroy all the chairs in front of you.

I could be totally wrong, but I think people are going to be pretty happy with this game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

What will you do if Diablo 3 is cancelled?  :p

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

15 Year old game design excites you more than anything Bioware or Bethesda can come up with? image

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Haha why are you sad that only a few of your games lasted years? I'm thankful if I get a weeks worth entertainment out of these modern games, especially considering shooters have now just opted for single play through campaigns. 

That said, there have been some great RPGs released, have you given skyrim or the witcher 2 a shot yet?

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

So OP you will/have passed up Skyrim, DS3, DA2, DE:HR and other RPG's I've forgot to list to wait on a Hack&Slash dungeon crawler?

OK.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I don't think you actually liked RPG's to begin with if Diablo 2 was the last one to get you excited. We have had TONS of RPG's that have come out since then that are very well done and really fun to play. But an RPG that holds you for over a year? That is a very very hard expectation to come by. The only type of game that can possibly last that long other than player run NWN servers, are MMORPG's. Not normal hack and slash type games like D2, and TQ unless you like grinding the same boss to get an item, or the same group of enemies to get a rune for months and months.

• adiktusadiktus Member Posts: 128

Maybe you can try Mythos Global. Its CBT will be this Dec. 1-5 so I think you still have time to get a CBT key and try the game. Just type Mythos Global on google. Its gameplay is pretty much like Diablo. Or perhaps a slightly MMOfied Diablo. But it's still the addicting hack-and-slash, with uber loot system.

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

Just get Skyrim OP, D3 doesn't even have a release date yet.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

I don't think D3 will be that good - at all.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Sounds like maybe you aren't really an RPG fan if the Diablo series is what gets you wet.  Great games, but they aren't really RPG's.

You make me like charity

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Your missing an epic game in Skyrim and I heard that Batman AC is kik azz too. Imo your missing out.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Originally posted by XxjagoxX

I have stoped playing any type of RPG for 5 months now... i just cant find anything that excites me... my last great hope is Diablo 3.. After all that was the game that got me statted in online games, Back in 2000 (Meaing diablo 2)  i have played about a dozen games since and only a few have stuck with me longer then a year.. But diablo. was the grand daddy of them all for me..

The exact definition of Diablo series is hack n slash, not rpg. You could say maybe its a hack n slash action-rpg cause it has elements of rpg but defenitely not rpg since Diablo elements of rpg stick with getting new equipment and small doses of character advancement . The rest rpg elements that define the rpg's are absent , meaning live persistent worlds,heavy interaction with loads of npc's role play etc etc etc .

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

Yea im a bit Old shcool. to me a fun game with great gameplay thats entertaining is more then just pretty graphics

Originally posted by Quizzical

What will you do if Diablo 3 is cancelled?  :p

NO!!!!!!

Originally posted by lizardbones

I'm in the beta right now. There is very little actual content available for testing compared to the overall game, so with that understanding...I'm not sure why they haven't released it. Everything works and seems to work well. Each class has unique mechanics and a unique play style. Being able to sell your stuff, DE your stuff and then craft new stuff went pretty smoothly. Even the companions worked out pretty well. Their pathing is a little dumb though...you can get them stuck on chairs and stuff. That is, if you don't destroy all the chairs in front of you.

I could be totally wrong, but I think people are going to be pretty happy with this game.

Thanks for the report!

You was one of the lucky ones i guess.. i tryed like hell to get a invite, no luck tho

Originally posted by lizardbones

Thanks for the report!
    You was one of the lucky ones i guess.. i tryed like hell to get a invite, no luck tho

The RNG gods rolled the dice I guess. I really think it's all down to luck of the draw.

Originally posted by bartoni33

So OP you will/have passed up Skyrim, DS3, DA2, DE:HR and other RPG's I've forgot to list to wait on a Hack&Slash dungeon crawler?

OK.

Yes... im just fed up with being let down.. So im not taking the chance of spending more $$ and being that closer to saying screw them all

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

I'm playing Torchlight while I wait. Ironic, I know, but you might give it a try to soothe the agony.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by adiktus

Maybe you can try Mythos Global. Its CBT will be this Dec. 1-5 so I think you still have time to get a CBT key and try the game. Just type Mythos Global on google. Its gameplay is pretty much like Diablo. Or perhaps a slightly MMOfied Diablo. But it's still the addicting hack-and-slash, with uber loot system.

I did play Mythos on the ENG server for about 4 months. i really liked my gageteer.

Originally posted by tazarconan

The exact definition of Diablo series is hack n slash, not rpg. You could say maybe its a hack n slash action-rpg cause it has elements of rpg but defenitely not rpg since Diablo elements of rpg stick with getting new equipment and small doses of character advancement . The rest rpg elements that define the rpg's are absent , meaning live persistent worlds,heavy interaction with loads of npc's role play etc etc etc .

The bulk of the game (so far) is still hack-n-slash. There is a story line for characters though. There is also a fair amount of interaction with NPCs, notably your companions that you first meet in the dungeons. All the interactions are fully voiced, so it works pretty well.

You also have character development in picking your active and passive abilities. Then you have runes on top of that as well. You're also gathering supplies to help your Blacksmith improve their skills.

I don't see anyone actually role playing in this game like they might in a single player RPG or in an mmorpg. There are some RPG mechanics, but it doesn't have the feel of an RPG, if that makes sense.

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Haha why are you sad that only a few of your games lasted years? I'm thankful if I get a weeks worth entertainment out of these modern games, especially considering shooters have now just opted for single play through campaigns. 

That said, there have been some great RPGs released, have you given skyrim or the witcher 2 a shot yet?

I dont play for hours on end day to day.. i have a wife and 2 kids.. a 10yr and 13yr. along with a job i invest about 45 to 60 hours per week into so, i only play about 8 to 10 hours a week. so expecting over a year worth of play is about right. hell i played COh/CoV off and on for 6 years.

Originally posted by asmkm22

Sounds like maybe you aren't really an RPG fan if the Diablo series is what gets you wet.  Great games, but they aren't really RPG's.

Diablo 3 does excite me... But i am a RPG fan... my first really great RPG? Final fantasy 7 i owned the day it was released and it cost me a motor cycle. that was the day i had my first bike stolen because i was in such a rush to by it. i left the keys in the ignition DoH!

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I'm playing Torchlight while I wait. Ironic, I know, but you might give it a try to soothe the agony.

Yes! Torchlight is a good game. i enjoyed it. but being a 100% single player game with no MMO or multiplayer pissed me off.. and waiting for T2 is like waiting for D3

Originally posted by hazy

Just get Skyrim OP, D3 doesn't even have a release date yet.

Im not digging the First person hack n slash..

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

i found the diablo series  to be a boring hack and slash game with very little rpg. diablo felt like the game was all about hoarding items. i was more interested in games like baldurs gate, neverwinter nights, final fantasy and the elder scrolls.  The mordern day version of diablo feels like it was created back in 2003 and looks way out of date when you compare it to something like mass effect or skyrim.