Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Crucible Expansion is Live

2»

Comments

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

Don't mind the (few) haters, the expansion is made of awesome, best since apocrypha. For sure, it will have it's child pains and some design decisions will have unforeseen consequences as always, but, generally speaking,  the sheer amount of fixed and/or improved things more than makes up for it.

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

If the direction they were going was sooo awesome, how come so many people left that the ceo had to post a public apology?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Don't be like that. The expansion is filled with so many tiny changes and tweaks, they almost make it feel brand-spanking new.

And besides, I bet these guys would piss over anything CCP brings out, so what exactly are we discussing here.

If I had to make a wild guess, the layoffs and internal affairs affiliated with Incarna and financial issues disturbed the plans for Winter expansion and this is a result how CCP muddled though - they puddled some bits together, call it an expansion and made good PR about it.

That's pretty much usual CCP business.

Incarna nor Crucible, hell even Quantum Rise aren't an issue for what they bring. What I am pointing at for quite a time is not what they DO but HOW they do it. Basically whatever they touch they break or screw up in some other way, despite the idea behind and motives are often good.

Did you know that despite blaster buff, Hail has no Fall-Off penalty now? That is simply hilarious...

Incarna is finest example. There is no issue with NEX store, there is no issue with captain quarters as a content. The issue is awful execution and this does not seem to change.

They just can't do things 'right' anymore and fixing takes unbearably long time(if ever)...

I understand your point, but you might as well give up on gaming altogether, because there is no game developer that releases 100% flawless and perfect patches or updates.

On the flipside: Atleast the EvE expansions are free.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by BizkitNL

I understand your point, but you might as well give up on gaming altogether, because there is no game developer that releases 100% flawless and perfect patches or updates.
    On the flipside: Atleast the EvE expansions are free.

And I understand yours :)

I can't say for other developers as I am not playing or even as closely following other game(s) but I know that CCP wasn't as such few years back.

I do not think I am asking to be perfect and flawless, far from it. But when you buff the most used weapon platform(projectiles), countless time reworking Planetary Interaction, sov changes as major expansion feature not even remotely achieving set goals...those things are not just flaws, they are huge failures and crazy amount of wasted development time.

I could probably find a dev post in reply to Why there are no patch notes for Sisi? The answer was shocking - they were not able to put them together as there is no place where track of the changes is stored. How the hell management work in that company if there is no track what people are doing?!

When I see those things, I have to ask: What's wrong with CCP?

This is what I had on mind with not getting things 'right', it is no small things they are able to screw up, they go big - a true CCP way :)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

What I can't understand is why they can't put up a patch that works.  Can't be that hard to do can it?  Nothing like feeding the critics with a bad patch.