Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We're All Special plus Voice Overs

UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed it, but every class starts off with you being the 'last great hope' or 'unusually strong in the force', or other such nonsense. Why did they insist on making us the supposed best when we're playing an MMO? Just a seconds thought is all it takes to realise that every other player going through the game is also the 'last great hope', which just makes it feel like nonsense.

With regards to story: All these voice overs seem to be are the exact same wall of text we got from other MMO's with a voice over and animation. It hit me while playing Dark Side and coming across a quest where this guy went on for like 5 minutes, talking about the Sith bloodline and superiority, and how they need to remove taints from the council. Then at the end all he wanted me to do was scan 4 targets and return.

Scan 4 targets and return and you made me watch 5 minutes of voice overs for this?! Seriously. When you take out the voice overs the actual game is really quite simple.

Now that's not saying I don't like the game as I was quite enjoying it, but wow did these two things bug me. The second more than the first but still.. Before I finish, I'll end on a high note.

The Bounty Hunter combat system is so much fun. Run toward three mobs, fire sticky bomb at the middle one, switch targets, blaster fire into the next one followed by a rocket, run over and finish him with a jetpack uppercut. Sticky bomb explodes knocking all three down, blaster fire to finish off the wounded. I felt so badass as a Bounty Hunter.