Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just logged off from......

urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

Well, I logged on just now, server was empty. So I got to work in NYC producing weapons. Some guy showed up with his super knife and started cutting me up, so I pulled out the SIG 9 (QL3) and it was completely useless. I couldn't get an accurate shot at the guy, and he cut me down. when I respawned my gun was missing. Why is his knife so good and my gun did nothing?

This is nuts, I can't get anywhere, build anything without being slashed to bits. turn the god mode back on, at least people could get things done.

Comments

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 Member UncommonPosts: 82

That guys using a speed hack, the dev's are trying to fix it now.

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Originally posted by urbanmech

Well, I logged on just now, server was empty. So I got to work in NYC producing weapons. Some guy showed up with his super knife and started cutting me up, so I pulled out the SIG 9 (QL3) and it was completely useless. I couldn't get an accurate shot at the guy, and he cut me down. when I respawned my gun was missing. Why is his knife so good and my gun did nothing?
    This is nuts, I can't get anywhere, build anything without being slashed to bits. turn the god mode back on, at least people could get things done.

What he did was caught you with all those windows open. most times you don't realize your being knifed till you got only a little life left.If you don't have armor on then expect to die fast. if you do then hope he hits the armor and not your unarmored parts.

your gun and aim are up to you, since i live in NY in game i see it happen all the time.

he dodged your aim by staying behind you or to the side. i do it all the time. also your ping is how high? and also take into consideration his armor. and medkits. The rgi9 shoots wild unless your ducked. i will never buy that weapon again. while cloning you cant use your weapon so its not gonna show up till your repawned away from the cloning center.

speed hack? ive never seen it, never heard it mentioned and don't see any bug reports on it. Ive killed alot of peeps. im not your run in the hole pker but there  are alot of them around. use your intuition.

if you hear gun fire or people dieing then chances are you may get attacked so look up or get the hell out of dodge.

its all about  street smarts and instinct do one can save you except you so save prayin and start spraying. or start stocking up on them clones. Put a gun in a kids hand  in a mmorpg chances are hes gonna get all getty and wanna try it out. Probably on you.

btw i ping around 120/140

Merc 4 life

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

My ping is around 100-120. I watched the guy come at me, my health dropped in about 10 seconds. The gun is a peice of junk, he kept running around me, if I turned even a little bit, my acuracy drops to the point I can't hit a target standing in front of me.

This game has nothing to do with street smarts and instincts.

Yes i agree. im not sure what the deal is with that.

The movement is soo stiff strafing and stuff.I think the devs need to play hl2 to see real fps movement.

Their not doing anything with hit indicators like head shots  and stuff like that. there isn't enough content to even try to call it a p2p

I could get better gameplay from a hl2 mod. Beta is a polishing off of a completed product and testing bugs and network issues.

I love fps games and was a closed beta tester for planetside and a few others including 4 patches for call of duty.

This game has a great concept but stops miles short of implementation.

I could make 2 pages of things that are wrong and that are needed.

But after chatting with a few gms i realized even they know dick about this title or its mechanics.

This title in two days has lost 2 points. it only has a rounded number of 650 votes.

Its had quite a bit of time in  the lime light so votes shouldnt be a issue. and its not a issue of who likes fps games in a mmo games like planetside are climbing in the votes here and other sites.

I will researve my review untill betas over or when ive felt without a dought i could give the best overall veiw. My reveiws of other titles have been very critical. I think people dont want to see a bunch of fluff. they want the cold hard truth.

For some this will anger, for others it wont. To whoms thier own. The question to you is is this worth paying $12-$15 for. LOLimage

All IMOimage

Ive just experienced my first speed wall hacker and his god mod friends.

So i can honestly say  there are speed,wall god mod hacks.

pretty sad these people can hack a mmo like this. Another funny thing is there the type of hacks you see in poorly secured fps games. guess the devs will be introducing punkbuster next ehh.

Tell ya what if their able to do these hacks there is no telling how many other hacks have been made.image

actually now that ive looked at some of this sites bugs and stuff and now what IVE seen of the hacks and the type of hack um sure are being used or guessing are being used. Im done testing this title.image

where ya at fanbois......imageimage

later all. Remember don't let the corporate hookers fuck the gamer.

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

I think the game is supposed to have more realistic player movement rather than just being a sprint around bouncing FPC.

Originally posted by Wardrop
    Ive just experienced my first speed wall hacker and his god mod friends.
    So i can honestly say there are speed,wall god mod hacks.
    pretty sad these people can hack a mmo like this.

And what kind of loser do you have to be to hack the beta???

::::03::

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Seen alot of people hacking or exploiting a bug to run at warp speed, a couple invincible players, and  even saw a couple invisable players murdering people left and right.

Haven't ran into anyone with a noticeable attack speed hack yet though... but I wouldn't doubt someone has done it.

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

be happy you found a gun all i found was a dark empty NPC filled tunnel

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

Follow the sings on the wall to the market place for weapons. FIrst though follow the signs to the medical center and purchase clone insurance.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• SicarimSicarim Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by urbanmech

This just proves too many l33t kitties will  be running around chopping up players for no good reason, other then they can. Once again, I say, FoMK is a failure.

Originally posted by Sicarim

This just proves too many l33t kitties will be running around chopping up players for no good reason, other then they can. Once again, I say, FoMK is a failure.

But that will happen in all games that place an emphasis on PvP and indeed does. Unless you have opt-in PvP (which imho has no place in an RPG) that will always be the problem. People have been whinging constantly in every game I've ever played about 'carebears' so now's their chance to play the game-style they wanted and annoyed the hell out of the rest of us demanding.

As far as I'm concerned Duplex need to recognise that player law-enforcement is only ever going to work as an addition to NPC Law enforcement and chaos will reign if there is no coded law. I have however met so many people whining about wanting to play a "hardcore PvP" game that FoMk is bound to have a player base .