Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posted same thread 8 months ago, has anything changed? New Hardware

cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345

I posted about 8 months ago about the specs on my system. The past year or 2 Ive kinda fell out of the loop as to what new hardware is out there. I was told 8 months ago  to wait till new er generation hardware has come out. Anyone out there give me some suggestions as to what I could upgrade to, or stay where Im at.

I recently bought SKYRIM, and notice some issues I didnt have before. I know its demanding so I wonder if my hardware is begining to fall off the map.

Heres my stuff.

Antec P182 gunmetal case

Antec true power trio 650 watt PSU

Evga geforce 470 GTX 1280mb video card

Gskill 4 gig  ddr2 1066 (8500) memory

AMD phenom II X4 945 deneb 3.0 Processor

Asus M4N82 Deluxe AM3/AM2+/AM2 Nvidia  980 sli Motherboard.

Razer Barracuda AC-1 gaming audio card

Western digital WDC WD64001aals-00l3b2 (640 gig Hard drive)

Maxtor Hard drive 160 gig as a backup (secondary)

Razer death adder Mouse.

HP 2310m (23 inch monitor) LCD

Dvd burner/Cd burner

Windows 7 64 bit

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Umm, nope. Not a whole lot has changed to be honest.

You could upgrade to an Intel system and see a modest speed increase, but it would require a new motherboard and CPU (about $350 total), but I don't know that it would have a whole lot of bang for that buck. Your video card is still pretty decent all in all.

An SSD may be one option, it won't give you more FPS, but it will make the computer seem a whole lot snappier - it will probably start up in 1/4 the time it does now, and stuff loads about that much faster too.

A lil overclock on the CPU wouldn't hurt either. You have a decent enough power supply, depending on the CPU cooler you have and overall case ventilation, you could probably get that 945 up to around 3.6-4.0G without too much hassle and that would be a decent boost as well.