Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Levels 1-10 are going to turn people off.

Comments

• rathrotrathrot Member Posts: 18

I found the 1-10 content quite acceptible. there was a couple balance issues, but nothing game breaking.  seriously, if i had not rushed through to get as much done as possible i would have really enjoyed the experience.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I say good, weed out those who are or have been incredibly unhappy about being entertained.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Jimmydean

I went to bed last night hating this game, absolutely no way I was going to buy it. Today, I hit level 10+, got my AC, Companion, Dbl Lightsaber, and did my first flash point. Does anyone else think levels 1-10 were horribly made?

Post 10, I'm loving the game. Going to be pre-ordering it now actually. 1-10 made me want to go to sleep. This is mostly to let people know to keep trying it, and to ask people if anyone else felt the same thing? I think it will turn a lot of people off.

I agree, it turned me off too. Level 10+ seems better. And I also think 1-10 is terrible made.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I loved level 1 to 10, plan to see it with every class once the game is out.  For now I only ran through Hutta 1-10 is it.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

Originally posted by Slowdoves

I say good, weed out those who are or have been incredibly unhappy about being entertained.

lol, yes.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Hutta has to be the most depressing starter area I've ever experienced. It just looks the same everywhere and everything has the same colour (mustard) and everyone are dicks and want to kill you.

Well, I guess I'd be pretty cranky if everything was mustard-coloured where I lived, too.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

I found the 1-10 experience 10x better than Rift but not as good as WoW back in the day.  

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

My main is BH and it has been a blast since level 1.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

People need to be careful with broad generalizations whether good or bad.

Always remember everyone is different, what you love others loathe and vice verse.  For my part in most games I love the journey and leveling up, when I hit max level or just before it is when I usually lose interest.  Then it is time to either reroll or go to a new game.  But I don't run around saying everyone else is going to quit when they hit max level, wahh.  Because I can only speak for myself.

State your opinions, but don't expect them to come true with every person :)  Levels 1-10 were wayyyyyyyyy fun to me personally.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Asamighost

Name me a game with a better starting area. i played from 1-10 with a friend and loved the experience and story as a Sith Inquisitor.

Tortage I think in AOC is the best starting experience in any current MMO.  

Are you serious? I like Tortage, dont get me wrong, but i wouldnt compare it to SWTOR.

Tortage has a decent story but the quests are inferior. 

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

I enjoyed my Sith Warrior 1 -10, and found 10+ even more of a blast.

Different strokes for different folks, you know how it is.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by gaou

i have done agent 1-10 3 times and warrior 1-10 once and loved it each time.  but then again this is the kind of game i enjoy *shrugs shoulders*

Change that to Smuggler and Bounty Hunter and yeah. I agree totally. I've made and re-made the same characters several times over the last few months over various builds. I've played the newbie areas quite a few times now. I still have fun with it. 

Guess it all comes down to personal taste.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

dont really see the diffrence post lvl 10 as a sith warrior, okay I have my companion and love that it can wear some of my old stuff, and its very usefull....but the game is still the same to me, doesnt matter that much to me that Ive got a pet, well 2 now. the game started to get boring to me past lvl 10, but then probably just played too much this Sunday.....on the other hand havent played more than Ive always done in MMOs, even spended afew hours out of the house Oo

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by Talketzanto

I hate questing, I hate lvling, I hate everything accept pvp.........Buuuuuut.........I love the questing in this game(never thought ide say that).......I played for hours and didnt wanna get off......where normaly I pretty much force myself to lvl up in other games hating every second of it........

As far as pvp goes......I havn't tested it just yet.....But i think people are jumping the gun....Any game you play today at low lvls is going to be pretty dumbed down and easy.....because of lack of abilities and talant points....

I came here from age of conan (i think im still in the top 5 for kills in the north american servers) and that games early on is shit pvp......you got a few abilities and thats about it.....End game is way better and im sure most agree AOC takes the most skill in pvp then any other game on the market mmo wise (or at least use to be before the recent patches).....

I personally think pvp in this game could be great.....Dont be fooled by low lvl pvp...

Brudi: ill just go on and say that  you'll feel right at home with Imperial Agent image

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Hutta has to be the most depressing starter area I've ever experienced. It just looks the same everywhere and everything has the same colour (mustard) and everyone are dicks and want to kill you.

Well, I guess I'd be pretty cranky if everything was mustard-coloured where I lived, too.

Mustard colored, ruled by Hutts, and a polluted, filthy wasteland. 

I loved both the Agent and Bounty Hunter, but I'd be depressed as all hell if I lived on Hutta too.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Title of the thread should read:

"Attack of the extremely subjective point of view."

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Of all the content in the game I liked the first 8 levels the least...  post 8 is a lot more fun.... except, for maybe the heroic content on the starter planets.   The exceptions of course,  would be the good story classes like the IA ... sith warrior, or the bounty hunter.   All republic classes I tried were fairly tame from 1 - 8.

• LovableLovable Member Posts: 14

Same feeling here you definatly need to get past lvl 10 to realy feel how the game is :)

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by Beanpuie

Originally posted by Talketzanto

I hate questing, I hate lvling, I hate everything accept pvp.........Buuuuuut.........I love the questing in this game(never thought ide say that).......I played for hours and didnt wanna get off......where normaly I pretty much force myself to lvl up in other games hating every second of it........

As far as pvp goes......I havn't tested it just yet.....But i think people are jumping the gun....Any game you play today at low lvls is going to be pretty dumbed down and easy.....because of lack of abilities and talant points....

I came here from age of conan (i think im still in the top 5 for kills in the north american servers) and that games early on is shit pvp......you got a few abilities and thats about it.....End game is way better and im sure most agree AOC takes the most skill in pvp then any other game on the market mmo wise (or at least use to be before the recent patches).....

I personally think pvp in this game could be great.....Dont be fooled by low lvl pvp...

Brudi: ill just go on and say that  you'll feel right at home with Imperial Agent image

Brudii! hell yea man!

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

my sith inquisitor 1-10 was fun...tropper not so much, jedi night even worse. It also had to do with alot of lag on the light side starting areas I experienced too. I dunno what it was but exploring ruins was more compelling than fighting sepratists. Just me.

so say we all

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

As a Jedi Consular, I found 1-10, or at least Typhon far more interesting than 11-18 on Coruscant.

Flash Points and multiplayer conversations are great, but I felt as though a lot less effort went into the planets that came after. I'm currently level 19 and on a jungle/wasteland planet - unsure of the name, but it starts with a T - and it doesn't feel as engaging or at least as polished as Typhon.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by Lidane

Originally posted by gaou

i have done agent 1-10 3 times and warrior 1-10 once and loved it each time.  but then again this is the kind of game i enjoy *shrugs shoulders*

Change that to Smuggler and Bounty Hunter and yeah. I agree totally. I've made and re-made the same characters several times over the last few months over various builds. I've played the newbie areas quite a few times now. I still have fun with it. 

Guess it all comes down to personal taste.

Yea its all personal taste,  I loved imperail agent up to lvl 10 then I disliked it (played it till 14)  disliked smugler start but liked it later on. disliked the few start quest of the jedi's  but liked it past lvl 7 or so.

My main dislike right now would be the lack of simple things, the UI is ok but you cant move a darn thing as of yet.

I dislike not having chat bubbles , dislike not being able to freaking sit on a single chair in any building incl the cantina's.

dislike the tweak of the spawns. I means item spawns the things you need to collect to gain progress in the bonus/side quest. can sometimes take you up to 10/15 min to collect all items if its a bussy place for a minimal bit of xp.

But im still having a blast playing the game, the story, the combat its great once you get the hang of it, and most classes do play fairly diferent.  grapics are good except when you go of the path and check out that rock formation a bit closer.. then its more ugly then a 10 year old game.

Good game, but needs alot of tweaking and improving if it wishes to keep players playing beyond a class story.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

if vanilla wow was released today people wouldn't like it and wow wouldn't be the success as we know it today, i generally think people are just not happy and as the years go by people become less and less happy, you could make the greatest game known to man and people still wouldn't  enjoy it.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Well, playing the Classes that probably would be fun to me i enjoyed level 1 - 10 as much as a Veteran can do, testing Agent and Bounty Hunter.
    Undecided which one i go play.
    Without VO, Cinematics and Companions i would not play the game - its a pretty much very standard mmo which makes it comfortable to many i am sure.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

This is some funny stuff.  People complain that games like SWG in it's prime didn't have enough of a tutorial to let a person ease their way into the big open world and now people complain that TOR has to much of a tutorial and just want to blow right past it.

I can't even count how many times i read in chat all through Tython, when do i get my saber, speeder, ship, fast run and they were like level 3. This has been said many times on many different forums. If you try and rush your way through the game you will miss out on a lot of content and that includes the atarter worlds just like all of the other planets.

This game is not meant to be rushed to end level in like a week. Stop approaching it as such. Right now, i have only been playing a jedi knight and have taken the dark road to level 18. I find the story since i first logged in to be very indepth and i am constantly wanting to push the story forward.

There's nothing wrong with 1-10 from a game standpoint. Like i said before, maybe it's the player's way of playing the game.