Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your three words of Planetside

TrolltaxiTrolltaxi Member Posts: 13

OK, it may even be a short sentence... :) Feel free to add your opinion (based on the original Planetside or the info you have already found about the game.)

- Hundreds of players in every battle 24/7.

- Teamwork, organization, support.

- Mature playerbase.

Comments

• AntiFearAntiFear Member Posts: 58

Cant Fu*king Wait

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Take my money!

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

Long Live Higby!

• BravixBravix Member Posts: 8

Long live T-Ray!

• TrolltaxiTrolltaxi Member Posts: 13

Guys, I like your enthusiasm, but c'mon - this thread was intended to be read by random gamers with small knowledge of the game. With your 3 facts of PS or PS2 you help them getting an impression why this game is awesome.

So give your opinion to help others getting the impression of the game! 

Thx.

Troll

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

I can't wait !

Sorry, 3 words arent enough to describe the vast epicness of Planetside

• AntarcticaAntarctica Member Posts: 3

- Can't wait to get in the air 

- The new Forgelight engine

"Aside from all the technical and physics-based features, the big thing for most MMO players is that this engine will do away with the use of zones and loading screens once and for all. According to Massively, Forge Light will allow for “massive seamless worlds, advanced atmospheric effects such as moving lights and shadows, volumetric fog, and even sun filtering through clouds”. 

- Customization 

"There will be vehicle, weapon, and outfit customization. They want you to be able to tell what outfit a player is from while still being able to tell what empire they are at a glance." :DD

(got info from http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37350)

• XyntechXyntech Member Posts: 3

Must

Pilot

Scythe

I've been waiting for Empire Specific aircraft since way back in 2003 during the first Planetside. This game can't come out soon enough.

• PSCratorPSCrator Member Posts: 6

• Massive: Includes 100s of players from 3 separate empires fighting against each other in the same area.

• Persistant World: There's no reset timer for zones or objectives. Everything is controlled by the player population.

• Pure PvP: There are no bots in Planetside 1 or 2. Everyone you fight is a real person playing the game.
  • chuds14chuds14 Member Posts: 3

Hot Swapping Beamers!

• RedKnightsRedKnights Member Posts: 8

Continuous Beam Modes! (For Vanu Weapons) =D

• HammaHamma Member Posts: 5

Will change everything.

• NewSithNewSith Member Posts: 2

Always spelled Boltdiver

• WiteBeamWiteBeam Member Posts: 9

When Is Release?

Damn, even a window would keep me from pulling my hair out.

• oty03oty03 Member Posts: 1

Dream coming through :)

god I hope they release some kind of beta during winterbreak!

• Raymac26Raymac26 Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by PSCrator

• Massive: Includes 100s of players from 3 separate empires fighting against each other in the same area.

• Persistant World: There's no reset timer for zones or objectives. Everything is controlled by the player population.

• Pure PvP: There are no bots in Planetside 1 or 2. Everyone you fight is a real person playing the game.

^ This.

For those that never experienced the first Planetside in its hayday, you are going to see just how epic haveing a massive persistant world in a shooter can be. You don't even need to be a fan of shooters to get into this. I have a buddy who hates fps games because, as he says, "It's spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, etc." So he went with a more support route, like flying the Galaxy troop transports and had a blast. Hot dropping troops into a dangerous drop zone in an extremely active battlefield is definitely a rush.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

3-faction PvP - There's nothing better than a trichotomy for games like this, and there are precious few of them.

Forge Light - I want to get a sense of what's in store for EverQuest ‘Next’.

Transhumanism - Technology equals might. We lead toward the light. Vanu Sovereignty

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • AluviusAluvius Member Posts: 288

Emergent player determined gameplay, devs give you the tools and you decide how to use them 

Sandbox environment

Sense of accomplishment at the end of a play session

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

It will lag

So What Now?

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

I love bacon

first good idea

in along time

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

F 2 P?

• TrolltaxiTrolltaxi Member Posts: 13