Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Increase Confirmed

username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68923-population.html#post1235377

Old Today, 12:50   #14 (permalink)

GameMaster

Speaking as somone who's all over the map as part of my job - Population is most definately up - and by quite a lot. Petitions are back to how they were months ago and we're busy.

So - yes - Pop is up for sure.

Welcome back everyone!

With luck I'll be announcing a special event later today - keep your eyes peeled!

Theia

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Measuring population by how many problems people are having.  Only in Mortal Online.  

Edit: And maybe they just have more problems, I mean they did just release a new major patch.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Its takes a real company with real money to make a mmo. Sorry but this game never had a chance. 

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Originally posted by username509

GameMaster

Speaking as somone who's all over the map as part of my job - Population is most definately up - and by quite a lot. Petitions are back to how they were months ago and we're busy.

Welcome back everyone!

With luck I'll be announcing a special event later today - keep your eyes peeled!

Theia

Yes, that is probably due to the 5 days which are free. Population will go back down after those 5 days are over, and more after 1 month, when those few who resubbed for a month will understand that nothing can save that game.

The fact that you are making a thread just because a GM said pop was going up shows just how desperate the situation is that you feel the need to do so.

ps : wanna know something that's not going back up?...SV's stock ! and that statement doesn't come from a forum post by a GM working for SV but from real numbers.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Of course the number of petitions would have nothing to do with the number of bugs... NAHHHHHH

Only in Mortal folks... only in Mortal...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

Wait mortal has more then one bug? I thought mortal was just one huge never ending bug that reproduced when they fixed it and deleted the fixed version to  keep going.

Originally posted by Saunakiller

Originally posted by raff01

GameMaster

Welcome back everyone!

Theia

Yes, that is probably due to the 5 days which are free. Population will go back down after those 5 days are over, and more after 1 month, when those few who resubbed for a month will understand that nothing can save that game.

The fact that you are making a thread just because a GM said pop was going up shows just how desperate the situation is that you feel the need to do so.

ps : wanna know something that's not going back up?...SV's stock ! and that statement doesn't come from a forum post by a GM working for SV but from real numbers.

Are you Nostradamus? Cause your so extremly good on predicting the future. Can you please tell me the lottery numbers as well? Cause your power to forsee the future is just AMAZING!!!!!! Some people on these threads sure are on of a kind.

predicting MO's future is about as easy as predicting an environement and economic crysis. No need to be nostradamus : bugs in legions since beta, aweful project management, aweful developpers, numbers of epic fails, deluded fanboys, corrupted GM's, catastrophic sales and a stock that just keeps plunging with the company losing money every day...

Yeah right, it does take a genius and a crystal ball to figure ! LOL

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

You should know better than posting anything even remotely that is good news for MO.  The community has too much vested in its dislike for it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

GameMaster

Welcome back everyone!

Theia

Are you Nostradamus? Cause your so extremly good on predicting the future. Can you please tell me the lottery numbers as well? Cause your power to forsee the future is just AMAZING!!!!!! Some people on these threads sure are on of a kind.

predicting MO's future is about as easy as predicting an environement and economic crysis. No need to be nostradamus : bugs in legions since beta, aweful project management, aweful developpers, numbers of epic fails, deluded fanboys, corrupted GM's, catastrophic sales and a stock that just keeps plunging with the company losing money every day...

You 4got "haters with nothing to do except hating MO".

Nah, haters only spend about 5-10 minutes a day at most hating on MO which leaves a lot of free time. Whereas deluded fanboys play MO clicking a tree for hours everyday or just run thru empty lands looking for someone to PvP...

Ahh, I see your one of them that has no clue to how the game is with that referense. "Clicking a tree for hours and running around empty lands"... I could also say that for example DF is a game with cartoonish graphics, lame ass seige systems, and the worst leveling system ever in a MMO. But since I don´t play the game any longer, I can´t really say how it is these days. You clearly are lost amongs those clicking trees of yours. But hey, keep on hating. Your good at that 4 sure.

from what i remember raff stopped playing mo in early beta were he left to play darkfall, recently the whole of aqs darkfall division quit DF to return to mo. Now back to the game, 40+ members of elysium gathering at their gy, imagine somethings gonig to happen.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

You should know better than posting anything even remotely that is good news for MO.  The community has too much vested in its dislike for it.

What community is that?

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

What community is that?

MMORPG's.  I've been watching the forums for a while on MO and it seems that even members who haven't played the game pipe up about how bad it is.  If you've played it and disliked it, fine.  But from my observation, there seems to be an unusal amount of animosity toward the game.  Could be wrong. 

I don't play the game, so I don't comment one way or another about the game.  I have been following and seeing if I might try it.  So far the overwhelming amount of feedback seems negative, so i've been holding off.

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by deathshroud

GameMaster

Welcome back everyone!

Theia

You 4got "haters with nothing to do except hating MO".

Nah, haters only spend about 5-10 minutes a day at most hating on MO which leaves a lot of free time. Whereas deluded fanboys play MO clicking a tree for hours everyday or just run thru empty lands looking for someone to PvP...

Ahh, I see your one of them that has no clue to how the game is with that referense. "Clicking a tree for hours and running around empty lands"... I could also say that for example DF is a game with cartoonish graphics, lame ass seige systems, and the worst leveling system ever in a MMO. But since I don´t play the game any longer, I can´t really say how it is these days. You clearly are lost amongs those clicking trees of yours. But hey, keep on hating. Your good at that 4 sure.

from what i remember raff stopped playing mo in early beta were he left to play darkfall, recently the whole of aqs darkfall division quit DF to return to mo.

Wrong again, I played from January 2010 (closed beta)to September 2010 and then against 15 days a few months after Dawn came out to see how it was.

Also I quit playing DFO before I even started playing MO.  I loved DFO but simply didn't have enough time to invest just to keep competitive with the grinders and the hardcore PvPers.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Nice one, OP... a thread titled "Population Increase Confirmed", and there is absolutely no confirmation of population increase whatsoever in it.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

What community is that?

MMORPG's.  I've been watching the forums for a while on MO and it seems that even members who haven't played the game pipe up about how bad it is.  If you've played it and disliked it, fine.  But from my observation, there seems to be an unusal amount of animosity toward the game.  Could be wrong. 

I don't play the game, so I don't comment one way or another about the game.  I have been following and seeing if I might try it.  So far the overwhelming amount of feedback seems negative, so i've been holding off.

The vast majority of the MMORPG community do not dedicated thousands and thousands of posts bashing Mortal Online.  The majority of hte MMORPG community give fair reviews based on honest facts and opinions.  There's just maybe a half dozen bad apples if have dedicated most of there time on MMORPG posting hundreds and even thousands of posts all dedicated to degrading, discrediting, or just straight hating Mortal Online.  

I believe if someone did the math you'll find that this is indeed the most hated game on MMORPG.com

By Math I mean take the total number of estimated subscribers and divide that number by the total number of hate posts and you'll find that StarVault with Mortal Online recieves the most hate per capita than any other game.

I wouldn't let a few bad apples spoil your fun.  I suggest trying the free trial for Mortal Online.  Hook up with one of the many guilds and have a great time.  I'm sure after a week of playing Mortal you'll want to subscribe.  

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

See this thread : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/332813/Q3-financials-out-Population-decline-confirmed.html

It discusses relatively the same information/topic.

This discussion has been closed.