Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TC is Live!!!!

Ha!

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

Comments

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Ya, new exploits are already being discussed and GMs are already proving their lack of comprehension of what the players predict here http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68779-territory-control-update-discussion-1.html

Some GM states: "Every fifteenth minute the Magistrate will check to see how many players from the controlling guild are in his town. The number of players will be transformed into Prominence Points and sent to your guild."

Either SV are just plain stupid, because that will generate no motivation for guilds to make their towns more attractive to other players, as the magistrate only counts players of the controlling guild in the area. Or that GM made a typo and it really counts all players. Like some dude says: "I foresee an abuse of trial accounts happening. It would have to count only paying players."  So, wait, actually both of those options are stupid.

Apparently case 2 is more likely, since Ahestoashes from the focus group (whatever that is) implies that trial accounts will infact be counted by the magistrate and GM Athanas backs his statement up. Or maybe the answer is, it counts guild members and trial accounts within the guild. You know SV's coding ability:

"Keep in mind exploiting of any kind is not tolerated, so exploiting PP will not really be a smart move for 2 reasons.

1. http://www.mortalonline.com/db?gn=Six Its all very easy to view here, if someone pulls out ahead by quite a bit someone will notice.

2. If no one in the community notices a GM will certainly, all the info is saved, including what characters/account would be exploiting.

Everyone, SV/GM's/FG's, are working very hard on this putting in 10+ hours a day. Working more on this than at actual jobs."

(http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68779-territory-control-update-discussion-2.html#post1233846)

Last bit made me lol so hard.

And remember, kids: "Just because something is not listed on the Exploit list does not mean its ok to do."

(http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68779-territory-control-update-discussion-2.html#post1234016)

------------------

StarVault - Learning absolutely nothing, one step at a time.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Hmm.. SV releases a "game changing patch" just 2 days before they have to report their finiancials... WOW... who could have ever predicted THAT one? image

Let's see if this is any more of a game changer than the previous three or four game savers that preceded it...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Hmm.. SV releases a "game changing patch" just 2 days before they have to report their finiancials... WOW... who could have ever predicted THAT one? image

Let's see if this is any more of a game changer than the previous three or four game savers that preceded it...

Hehe, yea. I wanna see the financials. Although I suspect they'll just fake them at this point.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It doesn't really matter if TC is live, when the core of the game is broken.

They could add 1000 new features, but until they deal with the real glaring problems the game has it will make zero difference.

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

So... you're saying that they managed to release a patch exactly when needed for the financial report?

Maybe they're more organised than you give credit.

Hey - seen the new TC Fan made Vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKNQ...el_video_title

Shame it doesn't show the new weapons.

It's heaving in-game

mwahaha

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Kost

It doesn't really matter if TC is live, when the core of the game is broken.

They could add 1000 new features, but until they deal with the real glaring problems the game has it will make zero difference.

Agreed. TC looks great, but who cares if you can control land when the game is full of bugs, exploits, and corrupt GMs, when you can't PvE for shit, and when the GUI looks like it was made in 1994?

Now those that cheat and exploit the most will have even more power - if they're not satisfied with using fucked up game mechanics to kill you, take your stuff and destroy your assets, they can now move on to outlawing you, kicking you out of your NPC town of choice, and ninja sieging the control towers you might have managed to erect.

Sounds fun.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by CroniteLore

So... you're saying that they managed to release a patch exactly when needed for the financial report?

Maybe they're more organised than you give credit.

Hey - seen the new TC Fan made Vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKNQ...el_video_title

Shame it doesn't show the new weapons.

It's heaving in-game

mwahaha

Really good video, though similar to some of the ones previously released.

At 1:00, it does show the scythe and some new axe heads, which look quite good.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

BISKOP it is lots of fun - bad luck if you were burned :(

And many of the old bugs are ironed out.

I do understand what you mean thou - you make some fair points - things have changed.

There are some games out there without bugs but even Skyrim was buggy for me.

WoW is fine, so I'm told... (never played it because I can live with a few bugs in a indie game like this - and the hardcoreness outweights any issues).

Can't wait to see the first red guys in a blue town - will be hilarious.

CL

(Hell hath no fury like a sacked Mod)

According to Paratus, the Chronicles of Nave leaderboard and map tracking systems are also live.  People will need to log in if they want to hide their stats, though.

The current leaderboard can be seen here: http://www.mortalonline.com/db

The map, found on that same page, is here: http://www.mortalonline.com/map

According to the live map, Elysium is on a tower building campaign, headed directly toward Meduli.  I guess we know what the intent there is....

Very cool.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Biskop

And the exploits begin.

With the "Testing Team" being 17 people, and trying to test a supposed massively multiplayer territory control system can anyone be even slightly surprised that such blatant mechanical issues are discovered after just a few hours on live play?

Even the "Head Tester"  sounds utterly disgusted:

Focus Group

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom_ View Post

It's funny to see that the guilds that get slated the most for exploits by the white knight guilds are all innocent of this and yet the goody two shoes guilds are all blatantly exploiting the system.

It would be funny if it wasn't sad. Just like one person getting 2.6k PP within first 2-3 hours of TC release. Or another person in this thread trying to justify wardecks on allies. It causes a smile, yes. But it's a disapointment smile at patheticness of some people.

Quisque est barbarus alio.  

Sounds like he doesn't quite understand that this is exactly the kind of issues the test team was supposed to prevent...

...ooops.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Gwahlur

You guys must've been really worried that there didn't seem to be anything negative on the MO forums to copy/paste about this patch. Thank god something popped up, phew

Nah, never fear with MO it's a guarantee that something will pop up. Whether it's accidentally deleting large segments of their world durring an update, overcharging people, charging people that don't play, threatening to ban you from someone elses game if you cheat or exploit in theirs, or simply failing at quality control MO always delivers. This is almost as certain as death and taxes at this point. 

The question isn't whether or not SV will screw up, it's always "How bad will they screw up?". 

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

You guys must've been really worried that there didn't seem to be anything negative on the MO forums to copy/paste about this patch. Thank god something popped up, phew

lol

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Nah, never fear with MO it's a guarantee that something will pop up. Whether it's accidentally deleting large segments of their world durring an update, overcharging people, charging people that don't play, threatening to ban you from someone elses game if you cheat or exploit in theirs, or simply failing at quality control MO always delivers. This is almost as certain as death and taxes at this point. 

The question isn't whether or not SV will screw up, it's always "How bad will they screw up?". 

Despite all the doom and gloom prognostications, this content patch has launched with very few problems, most of which were fixed with a hotfix today.  Certainly, the system will need to be tweaked, values adjusted, and new things added over time, just as such systems with every other game.  But, so far, TC is a significant improvement to the game, and many, many players are really enjoying it right now.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by Biskop

And the exploits begin.

With the "Testing Team" being 17 people, and trying to test a supposed massively multiplayer territory control system can anyone be even slightly surprised that such blatant mechanical issues are discovered after just a few hours on live play?

Even the "Head Tester"  sounds utterly disgusted:

Focus Group

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom_ View Post

It's funny to see that the guilds that get slated the most for exploits by the white knight guilds are all innocent of this and yet the goody two shoes guilds are all blatantly exploiting the system.

It would be funny if it wasn't sad. Just like one person getting 2.6k PP within first 2-3 hours of TC release. Or another person in this thread trying to justify wardecks on allies. It causes a smile, yes. But it's a disapointment smile at patheticness of some people.

Quisque est barbarus alio.  

Sounds like he doesn't quite understand that this is exactly the kind of issues the test team was supposed to prevent...

...ooops.

the issue here is guilds using alt guilds to wardec each other to prevent forced war decs by thier enemies. Since mo currently has only 1 forced war dec and the rest are mutual.

I fail to accept this an an exploit since it shoulod of been plainly obvious to the developers that some guilds would sink that low and also the testers insisted on this changing but the devs thoguht they would try it out first as is.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

you got to laugh when in the video shown on first page about the "building" stuff etc it says

"HISTORY WILL NOT REPEAT ITSELF" think I will be the judge of that thankyou lol...

annoying how the game does not look like that for me when I tried the trial a fair few mnths back.. was ok but not as fluid and, the animations certainly were not like I see there with that knight in armor.. dunno sick of shit stinking what say you'?

I really wanted to play MO as I see it run in the vids, but just didnt seem to be the same game.. Also that trial stuff and not letting you fully test the thief role etc as its omited from the trial is a big negative for me looked amusing..

Der is rumors about somehting big about to go donw with MO.... you guys might be right afterall....

Originally posted by CroniteLore

Der is rumors about somehting big about to go donw with MO.... you guys might be right afterall....

Source and content of supposed rumor would be nice...

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Can someone please tell me how this is the least buggy patch when the core features are not working or turned off.  The Tax system is not turned on.  Taking over towns is disabled, and the towers are bugged.  They are not upgrading defence and hp every tier.  A maxed out tier tower can be killed by a couple people with swords.  I know thepatch did not delete a city but the core features are not there.

The patch did nothing for my small guild as well.  I am getting sick and tired of SV catering to the large keep guilds.  I kept asking what does TC and pp do for my small guild.  I could not get a straight answer or my post was deleted.  People also told me to merge with a big guild to help the keep guild farm PP.   For what??  We do not want to farm pp for a keep guild.  What would we get for the pp.  It is just another pointless grind added to the game.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by darthturtle1

Can someone please tell me how this is the least buggy patch when the core features are not working or turned off.  The Tax system is not turned on.  Taking over towns is disabled, and the towers are bugged.  They are not upgrading defence and hp every tier.  A maxed out tier tower can be killed by a couple people with swords.  I know thepatch did not delete a city but the core features are not there.

The patch did nothing for my small guild as well.  I am getting sick and tired of SV catering to the large keep guilds.  I kept asking what does TC and pp do for my small guild.  I could not get a straight answer or my post was deleted.  People also told me to merge with a big guild to help the keep guild farm PP.   For what??  We do not want to farm pp for a keep guild.  What would we get for the pp.  It is just another pointless grind added to the game.

anyone that has played this game for longer then 2 months knew it would be so. SV is incapable of putting out bug free patches.....they can't even fix the original content in fact. it will probably take them about 2/3 months to get most bugs out. note i said "most" and not "all".

as for your small guild......small get's little. seriously man stop coplaining that you and your 3 buddies are not given stuff to do. as a matter of fact you have been given things as you can farm prominence and your mare presence will be very shought after by guilds that own territory (as soon as they fix the towers that is).  you want to have power? you want a keep? you want to contol towns?

then you have to face the same music that every single other guild faces: grow or die.  it's the exact same problem every single guild in MO has. if they want to own and control they have to have numbers. even Forsaken, the wealthiest, most neutral, most connected guild on the server finds it'self unable to protect it's territory from larger, aggressive guilds. it's the law of the land, if you dont have very sharp claws you will have to make up with size to survive.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

anyone that has played this game for longer then 2 months knew it would be so. SV is incapable of putting out bug free patches.....they can't even fix the original content in fact. it will probably take them about 2/3 months to get most bugs out. note i said "most" and not "all".

as for your small guild......small get's little. seriously man stop coplaining that you and your 3 buddies are not given stuff to do. as a matter of fact you have been given things as you can farm prominence and your mare presence will be very shought after by guilds that own territory (as soon as they fix the towers that is).  you want to have power? you want a keep? you want to contol towns?

then you have to face the same music that every single other guild faces: grow or die.  it's the exact same problem every single guild in MO has. if they want to own and control they have to have numbers. even Forsaken, the wealthiest, most neutral, most connected guild on the server finds it'self unable to protect it's territory from larger, aggressive guilds. it's the law of the land, if you dont have very sharp claws you will have to make up with size to survive.

We do not want power we want a sandbox with many choices of what to do.  It just seems the longer we play the more we find out it is a pvp driven game instead of a sandbox.   We wanted to be able to live in an open ended world where we can do whatever we wanted.  It seems all we do is farm and stockpile.  Or make things to pvp.  We should not have to join a big guild or get bigger.  We are 10 btw not 3 :P  

We want to build furniture or make clothes.  Farm roaming animals or rare animals.  Cusimize our house.  And pvp when we want to not because it is the only thing to do.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

We do not want power we want a sandbox with many choices of what to do.  It just seems the longer we play the more we find out it is a pvp driven game instead of a sandbox.   We wanted to be able to live in an open ended world where we can do whatever we wanted.  It seems all we do is farm and stockpile.  Or make things to pvp.  We should not have to join a big guild or get bigger.  We are 10 btw not 3 :P  

We want to build furniture or make clothes.  Farm roaming animals or rare animals.  Cusimize our house.  And pvp when we want to not because it is the only thing to do.

it soulnds to me like you are looking for a medieval sims/mine craft mmo here. sorry don't belive it exists yet, at least not as an mmo. MO is very pvp focused much like DF was. you take pvp out of MO and there is almost no point to craft or grind or do much really..... sorry to confirm what you dont want to hear.

i highly suggest trying Xsyon. wile it's more apocalyptic then medieval it has a lot of what you seem to be looking for.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

it soulnds to me like you are looking for a medieval sims/mine craft mmo here. sorry don't belive it exists yet, at least not as an mmo. MO is very pvp focused much like DF was. you take pvp out of MO and there is almost no point to craft or grind or do much really..... sorry to confirm what you dont want to hear.

i highly suggest trying Xsyon. wile it's more apocalyptic then medieval it has a lot of what you seem to be looking for.

Not at all I am looking for a game like UO.  I am not looking for anything that the Dev team did not say that MO is.  My friends and I have been very patient with MO.  We are waiting patiently for all this to be implemented like they said the game will be.  If the new UI/AI does not work that will most likely be the last straw.

Don't get me wrong I love pvp.  But if all I wanted to do was jack in and pvp from login in to log out I would just play mount and blade the combat is much better.

I love to pvp 2 of my toons are red on my 2 accounts but I need more than just pvp.  I was hoping that TC would do something better for the game but I really do not see anything different before the release besides 4 new weapons and lighting bolt being the new op spell.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

This ^

Henrik promised us a patch on Tuesday.  Then he promised a patch on wednesday.  Then he promised a patch by Friday.

What isn't being talked about is that all these features that are broken were all tested and working on the test server.  The question is:  how did they fuck it up on the live server?  Do they still have fundamental corruption issues when patching the live server?  Or are they just sloppy?

All the momentum from the TC patch release is now lost, and my guild is barely bothering to log in.

Prom points should mean something to small guilds and individual players.  I should be able to spend personal Prom points on something, and small guilds should be able to spend their guild prom points on something.  Very poorly thought out system overall.

What's worse... I have a feeling that taking down a t3 control tower will require a catapult once they do fix it... going from one extreme (too easy to destroy) to another (way too difficult to destroy).   I am predicting great rage in the community when people realize they have to spend over 400 gold to take out one tower that only costs a fraction of that amount to build.

I have been cautiously positive about TC up until this point, but my assessment is that the design is fundamentally flawed and that the test team did not give the correct feedback to make the system balanced and interesting.