Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zelda: Skyward Sword is AMAZING!!!

xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

So I got the new Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword as it launched today. All I have to say is I'm only at the third area and omg it's already the best zelda so far... Link to the past might actually hit number 2 ranking for once... I mean yea ocarina was awesome and twilight princess was simply amazing but compared to link to the past they just didn't cut it. But now, omg I can't get enough of skyward

(((To me it seems Nintendo has finally given the fans *at least me*  What they've always wanted to see in the series...)))

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

For those of us not real familiar with the series mind telling us why / what makes this rendition so outstanding?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i stopped playing zelda after ocarina of time and majoras mask (due to console preferences).... i do love zelda but i wont buy a Wii for one game.... i think those game would sell even more if the companies expand to 360 and ps3... but yeah, each console has its exclusives so i guess i wont get to play new zeldas ever again

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

This isn't good news... for me free time!

Between this and Skyrim, I'm going to be spent. I'm already netting 3 hours sleep per night with work and family and Skyrim.

Will pick this up too now though :) Thanks. I LOVED Ocarina and TP!

• xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

For those of us not real familiar with the series mind telling us why / what makes this rendition so outstanding?

Well I don't want to spoil it too much.  But this is the very first Zelda where you are actively engaged with Zelda and not just limited to the rare cut scene.    There is also item customization and improvement, including improving potion strength.  Your shield can break, as well your Wii remote does real  time action with your sword, not preset values like with Twilight Princess.

There are ALOT of great things about this game, and I'm not going to say them all...  If I had to buy a new Wii to play it, I totally would just for this game.  IMO it's that awesome.    Second bit... It has modified parts of previous games added to it...  You have to play to figure them out!

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Just got the game myself.  Enjoyed Twilight princess and Link to the past the most and saw all the reviews saying this is the best one yet (with nintendo they usually give fair reviews) so I just got it :)  Took the time in the last game ot get all 20 hearts, and I almost never do that. 

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• karter64karter64 Member UncommonPosts: 96

I really enjoyed  Link to the Past on my Super Nintendo and Twilight Princess on the Wii, but I wish they would have kept to the Twilight Princess graphical style. I may still get the Skyward Sword, but the cartoonish graphics are making it hard for me to put out the coin to buy it.

• MonsterMMORPGMonsterMMORPG Member Posts: 74

any screenshots or videos would be better

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Zelda is the game that got me into RPG'd and eventually MMO's... but unfortunatly I can hear anything you say over the ROAR of this dragon flying above me in Skyrim!

Remember Old School Ultima Online