Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol! I don't know what to make of this video - thoughts?

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by vesavius

Fun vid that shows off models, animations, and a sense of humour.

God forbid games have a sense of humour though... right?

There are many ways a game can manifest humor.

I suppose it's a matter of taste. If you found this funny then great. I find it tacky.

Yep, it's a matter of taste. I don't mind a bit of tackiness now and again.

It didn't offend me at all, I just took it as a disposable bit of fun. There are things to be worried a bit about in this game right now, but for me this really isn't it.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by bossalinie

Some touched people in here because they are upset that the game doesn't meet their own vision of medival fantasy, and that's a shame. You could pull up three different fantasy IP and notice that they all have many things that would be impossible in the other themes. 

That's the problem with young gamers now in days and why sandbox games suffer. They can't evolve and are stuck with ideas based on limits through their own mind and eyes. In return, they are not creative, resistant to change, and need their hands held. How in the world do you LIMIT fantasy???!!! There was not one 'flying machine' in LoTR, yet this modern aspect is an acceptable addition to the fantasy realm. Glad the older generation didn't force there limits upon people who tried to create brand new worlds for us.

If a game tried to come up with another theme that isn't medival, modern, or sci-fi, or even merged them for that matter, it wouldn't be accepted by current players because their own thoughts and perceptions are limited and bounded by senseless tradtional.

We basically are breeding old-geezer youngins...

I agree.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Not something I'd have expected in a medieval fantasy sandbox.

Lmao!!!! 

No...umm....me neither.  I was trying to figure out where the neon lights were coming from.  Since I noticed there was no light source for them.  Magic I guess?  

Anyways.  So.  Im honestly not sure what to make of the video either to be honest.  It gave me a good laugh though.  You have to appreciate a guy who can shake it up with a bucket on his head.  I'll have to try that the next time I go to a club.  After tying my donkey up in the parking lot of course. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Not something I'd have expected in a medieval fantasy sandbox.

Lmao!!!! 

No...umm....me neither.  I was trying to figure out where the neon lights were coming from.  Since I noticed there was no light source for them.  Magic I guess?  

Anyways.  So.  Im honestly not sure what to make of the video either to be honest.  It gave me a good laugh though.  You have to appreciate a guy who can shake it up with a bucket on his head.  I'll have to try that the next time I go to a club.  After tying my donkey up in the parking lot of course. 

I already told you guys ,it is a quick video made to hype up cbt4,it has nothing to do with the game.

You are worried about light sources in non game content?

Even said,the game itself probably won't have much lighting either,but to be honest,i have to turn shaders and lighting down when i play games or i lag out,i imagine it is the same for most people.

The ONLY community and developer that takes lighting serious has been the Unreal community and Epic games.The Unreal mappers take pride in it and often badger each other back n forth if they don't deliver proper lighting.

Based on everything i know about the 3 big games ,i have AA at around a 6.5/10 SWTOR and GW2 struggling at around a 6/10.The difference is of course SWTOR and GW2 receive tons of hype and marketing/advertising over here.Archeage reminds me a LOT of FFXI,no hype,no marketing,very few people know of the game,but i feel it is going to be a very good game.

The two scores i give GW2 and SWTOR are variable 6/10's.SWTOR i feel is stuck there no matter what only going down.Gw2 could goto a 7/10 or a 5/10.The GW2 devs have been changing everything often and are still making content for the game,so i need to see more of a finished result.I do know GW2 is leaving lots of content out that SHOULD be there and won't be.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by wizyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3onJMsYKuE

Private dancing club? or something... lol

Makes me want to go get some E pills and go to the club

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Originally posted by hikaru77

Originally posted by csthao

Originally posted by stealthbr

LOL! Well, even if this isn't a joke, I believe it's alright. It's there for those who want it, and completely avoidable for those who don't. In other words, you probably won't see this unless you deliberately look for it.

+1

Why are there people over reacting about this? You dont wanna be involved in party stuff stay away. Simple as that.

After that, you probably will find more fluffy content in ArcheAge, did you remeber AION??

We play by their rules, they made the game. I had no problems with Aion, I never really paid attention to everything in detail. Its your choice to play this game or not, but if such trivial things grind your gears then by god I wonder how its like in RL. It doesnt just cater to your needs, it tries to cater to everyone else's as well.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Biggus99

Wow, Please God tell me that's not going to be something that's actually in the game.  Freakin' Eastern MMOs always have these ridiculous fluff features that take away from the overall game.  This is supposed to be an mmorpg, not Second Life.  Grrrrr...

Arg, I have a problem with generalizations when it comes to "these people always make things like that"  it just seems wrong to generalize a geographic location for their game makers... 

I don't think that a dance party place takes away from a game if its done right. 

I mean honestly I think all MMOs  have a sense of humor, why do we have to say its only the eastern ones?  Look at how ridiculous WoW is half the time. 

Edit: Two words,   Train Set.

(in wow... ridiculous fluff that takes away from gameplay?)

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Man...the more is see of this game the less im interested in it. Overall concept of the game seems alright but I've no interest in playing a game focusing on kiddies and immature grown men lol

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405
    Why so many ravid themepark fanboys on this thread?

You guys are alway bragging about your low standards, well... guess what, this game isn't for you, it's made for people who want more than boring quests, "deal with it".

Also this would be so cool if it was on SWTOR, but i don't think Bioware has the coding skills for something like this, in the last beta weekend you couldn't even sit on the chairs of the cantinas lol.

IMO this is very cool, even more if you are a DJ, can't wait to show my clan mates some of my last tracks in-game :D.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Every day I'm shuffling.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Am I the first that will say I actually wouldn't mind that ingame? Games need many social elements even at the cost of some immersion.

I am amused by all the people who are like "Oh my, god forbid someone have some fun in my sandbox!" 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Asian fantasy MMO with crazy features? Not the first one to do so.

Well they did say its a sandbox, if you want to go clubbing, go clubbing i guess.

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

This will just take away from the credibility of the lore. When you have neon disco and hi-fi millinium 2000 DJ quipment in your medieval world you know something is messed up. Just makes the world less believable and there goes your immersion. But this is what's wrong with Korean/Chinese devs. Archeage might as well open up a cash shop and sell lightsabres.

Now hoping FF14 2.0 don't pull this crap.

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

wow didn't know so many people actually cared about lore in an mmo lol

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by Disastorm

wow didn't know so many people actually cared about lore in an mmo lol

Not many do, just the people who spend more time in the forums than the game itself. Most MMO players are too busy figthing guild vs guild over territory or grind spots.

While I like lore stuff like this doesn't bother me. Just avoid the disco and you shouldn't have a problem.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Wow, Please God tell me that's not going to be something that's actually in the game.  Freakin' Eastern MMOs always have these ridiculous fluff features that take away from the overall game.  This is supposed to be an mmorpg, not Second Life.  Grrrrr...

how exactly does it take away from the rest of the game? you can still entertain yourself with constant acts of violence and ignore this feature..not everything in the game has to be for me or you. Yu obviously never played swg, the cantina was the best part of that game. I wouldn't expect a world of warcraft player to understand, they need epics just to get out of bed. This feature has anti douche bag protection all over it, i wont use it but im glad that it will keep the elitest jerks from playing. good times!

Originally posted by ArcheAge

Westerners not happy with Asian feature of an Asian MMO lol. This game is for the asian market and might come to the west. Find a western dev team to make a semi sandbox MMO then you might have a say. Perhaps if you stop buying the same old linear themepark MMO you would not need Asian MMO to be your last hope. Western mmo gamers have no one but themselves to blame for the poor crap that you dev teams serve up

Yeah, because Eastern MMOs have always been so solid in every aspect.  Are you high?  There is a reason Western gamers don't like Eastern MMOs, and it has nothing to do with sandbox/themepark.  

Man you were never going to play the game anyway so quit trolling. speak for your xenophobic self when you talk about western gamers not liking asian mmorpg's, again i wouldn't expect any different from someone who plays wow. Now go turn your quest in to haris pilton.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

From what I understood by asking on the official Korean ArcheAge forums there are a "handful" of locations in the world for each major city that is considered a "Party Zone" that allows players to stream music on their PC through the in-game MP3 player for others to hear. Essentially, you can have player run DJ "clubs" in ArcheAge. Kind of like the EXACT system that APB tried to implement.

Sad really, this was my last hope for a real sandbox mmo, but having non-sandboxy "hard-coded" locations like this that make you "feel" like it's a sandbox is just depressing. I mean honestly, a "Rave" party club in a Medieval MMO O_o?

Dont fear for one, AA is designed for the eastern market and I never had any ambition that an Asian game would be it for me.  Secondly with the rise of Skyrim, the soon to be released Open ended world of Reckoning and the prevelance of GW2's sandbox style elements it shouldnt be to long before investors and a development studio in the west realize teh potential gold mine of a well done AAA PvE Sandbox MMO could bring to the table.

Guild wars 2 is not a sandbox, i don't know how you got that idea. guild wars 2 is a themepark mmo with dynamic content that does not make it a sandbox.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Very cute.  Love it.  Will play it.

And now I want a donkey mount.  This game has some good stuff.

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

You just have to add the right music lol xD

Originally posted by JonathanWe

YES! Thank you!

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

I don't care what you say...That was freaking AWSOME!!

I am an old fart that yells at kids to get off my lawn and I loved that video.

Why? Because it adds character to the game.

My favorite parts to any MMO is when crap happens that is quirky and funny not the epic battles between good and evil.

Like in WoW when you get on the horse to be the quest giver. I find that more entertaining then some massive story arc to save the world.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by JonathanWe

Hahaha... Nice job! NOW it makes sense! ;)

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Mehh..some people need to unwind and lighten up. I loved the video.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.