Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 month free premium sub offered to Veterans

sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

Received an email - was sitting in junk. I usually dont click links directly to I logged in thru Funcom login account and the offer was for real.

Calling all Veterans!

Return to Hyboria!

With more players returning to Hyboria every day, and with the success of the recent adventure pack bringing great reviews, there has never been a better time to return as a premium player of Age of Conan: Unchained.

Don't believe us? As a special offer to those who have previously roamed the battlefields of Hyboria, we are inviting you back to experience the full game experience as a premium member for a whole month, completely free of charge.

The re-activation period will run from November 17th to December 17th 

Comments

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Thanks for the heads up, just checked on my account and found it, haven't received an email about it. I look forward to checking out the new content :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by EvilGeek

Thanks for the heads up, just checked on my account and found it, haven't received an email about it. I look forward to checking out the new content :)

ANyone know if this free offer gives you access to the new added zones? I Dl'd AOC last night but haven't loaded it up yet.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Distopia

ANyone know if this free offer gives you access to the new added zones? I Dl'd AOC last night but haven't loaded it up yet.

You get Gateway for free, but the rest of the zones are part of their respective paks. Khitai is part of Godslayer, while Turan (Isle) is part of the Turan pak. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I was trying to buy funcom points to buy the turan adventure pack, my card didn't work for some reason so they banned me ???? Not a great way to go about things.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Originally posted by sassoonss

Received an email - was sitting in junk. I usually dont click links directly to I logged in thru Funcom login account and the offer was for real.

Calling all Veterans!

Return to Hyboria!

With more players returning to Hyboria every day, and with the success of the recent adventure pack bringing great reviews, there has never been a better time to return as a premium player of Age of Conan: Unchained.

Don't believe us? As a special offer to those who have previously roamed the battlefields of Hyboria, we are inviting you back to experience the full game experience as a premium member for a whole month, completely free of charge.

For how long do we hear this bullsh*t now? 4 years?

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

I was trying to buy funcom points to buy the turan adventure pack, my card didn't work for some reason so they banned me ???? Not a great way to go about things.

I enjoy the spell graphics and melee gameplay of AoC, but Funcom can make you want to beat your head against the desk at times. 

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by VoIgore

Calling all Veterans!

Return to Hyboria!

Well Volgore - this time its due to the F2P model they implemented half a year ago. It has had a substantial effect. Log on and you will see for your self. Its free.....

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

The 30 day offer does re-subscribe you to the game.You will start being billed after the 30 days.....unless....you cancel before being billed.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tarestares Member Posts: 381

Originally posted by Aceundor

Originally posted by VoIgore

Well Volgore - this time its due to the F2P model they implemented half a year ago. It has had a substantial effect. Log on and you will see for your self. Its free.....

Effect of taking forum activity and X fire to an all time low.  They do get new people is just they can't keep very many of them.

That is pretty shaddy that you must unsubscribe or be billed but after all the failed marketing campaigns, movie, ftp, x pac,  it doesn't look like many people came back this time.

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

One good thing I can say about AoC is:

It has a glorious engine.

Other than that, Funcom has been going straight to the spam filter on my email accounts for years now.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

They do get new people is just they can't keep very many of them.

After having a closer look at the details of their F2P model I can see why. They not only restrict content to those currently subscribing, but even basic game functions like sending tells and access to chat channels. Former subscribers and customers of the x-pacs have nothing on completely f2p players after their sub runs out, how lame.

If AoC resembled LotRO's f2p model I'd give it another shot, but like this I'll pass and given FunCom's history to piss paying customers off as hard as possible I certainly won't resub. Reading about them automatically billing you after the free veteran month I guess little changed in that regard...

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Amegashie

They do get new people is just they can't keep very many of them.

After having a closer look at the details of their F2P model I can see why. They not only restrict content to those currently subscribing, but even basic game functions like sending tells and access to chat channels. Former subscribers and customers of the x-pacs have nothing on completely f2p players after their sub runs out, how lame.

If AoC resembled LotRO's f2p model I'd give it another shot, but like this I'll pass and given FunCom's history to piss paying customers off as hard as possible I certainly won't resub. Reading about them automatically billing you after the free veteran month I guess little changed in that regard...

Agreed their free to play model is way to restrictive even worse than eq2 which is pretty bad and yes Lotro has one of the best free to play models out there.  I had bought their first expansion awhile ago and I dont get credit for it ----OUTRAGE!!!!!