Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry I'm new I've only been here since 2003, what's the difference between MMO and Skyrim?

lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Sorry I'm noob I'm new here since 2003 but what's a mmo and where does skyrim becomes part of it. Thanks.

Comments

• dathordathor Member Posts: 1

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

Skyrim is massive, but it is not multiplayer and it is not online. 

When I read your post in the reply area, it says 'what's the difference between mmo and skyrim", which is why i posted the above.  To answer what it now shows in your post, here it is:

Skyrim isn't in any way a mmo, but mmorpg.com also covers most major games regardless of genre, especially a game that so many mmorpg gamers would be playing.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,650

So dreadful that people on an mmoRPG forum are talking about an RPG a lot.

Dreadful!

(I think you guys should just relax a tad)

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Though it is not an MMORPG, it sure has the RPG down that most MMO are lacking and it also has the virtual living and breathing world down really, really, really, well.   It might be a CSRPG but it plays like an MMORPG should play and I think that is why so many people are enjoying the hell out of it.   ^_^

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Skyrim is basically what an MMO should be like!  Sadly though, MMOs since post 2004 have been de-evolving into nothing more than a glorified and shoddy single-player game with masses of players, and not much more.

Dunno if you have ever played UO and EQ, or DAoC & FFXI, etc ~ every pre-2004 MMO were amazing and had the depth and semi-sorta-kinda awesomeness that Skyrim is.  Then you look at all the more modern MMOs and they have no depth, just go from quest hub to quest hub, no challenge, no consequences, hardly any story, fast-travel everywhere, dungeon finders no purpose behind their crafting cause the better/best stuff is all from raids.  All to get to end game as fast as possible.

What about the Journey and the Community I say, as those are the most important parts!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,650

Originally posted by Khrymson

Skyrim is basically what an MMO should be like!  Sadly though, MMOs since post 2004 have been de-evolving into nothing more than a glorified and shoddy single-player game with masses of players, and not much more.

Dunno if you have ever played UO and EQ, or DAoC & FFXI, etc ~ every pre-2004 MMO were amazing and had the depth and semi-sorta-kinda awesomeness that Skyrim is.  Then you look at all the more modern MMOs and they have no depth, just go from quest hub to quest hub, no challenge, no consequences, hardly any story, fast-travel everywhere, dungeon finders no purpose behind their crafting cause the better/best stuff is all from raids.  All to get to end game as fast as possible.

What about the Journey and the Community I say, as those are the most important parts!

Yeah I get the same feeling from Skyrim I did 11 and UO, fair assessment. 

Love your end quote :-D