Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage: What D3 *COULD* Have been!

This is the trailer for recently announced Lineage Eternal. The viewpoint takes it back to L1 and reminds me a LOT of Ultima and Baldurs Gate. 

NCsoft has taken the throne imho, with Anet and Guild Wars, and now THIS!?!?!?!??

Sorry D3... ITS OVER... you have just been sent to the grave. Lineage Eternal looks to have better combat, EPIC sieges, and is a full fledged mmo.

I would bet on houses and of course castles to claim, etc, following in true Lineage tradition. 

The scope of these battles and the interactive environments looks awesome. 

ENJOY 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-OV2ix_HU

When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

«134

Comments

  • marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

    While, I have no intention of buying D3, I still dont think this new Lineage game will defeat D3 for the simple reason of :

    DIFFERENT RELEASE TIMES.

    This new game was just released and D3 will be released in Q1 of 2012.  By the time Lineage comes out most people will be done with D3 anyway, or wont be as attached, so its not really a contest at all.

  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,272

    looks interesting, havnt played an eastern game yet that could keep my interest but there could always be a first.

    "Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

  • DepartedSoulDepartedSoul Member UncommonPosts: 99

    That is true, I am more or less stating that NCsoft is taking over the throne from Blizz with D3 style of games with this release, as well as taking over the traditional MMOs with Anet and GW2

    When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

  • marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

    Originally posted by DarkAsmodeus

    That is true, I am more or less stating that NCsoft is taking over the throne from Blizz with D3 style of games with this release, as well as taking over the traditional MMOs with Anet and GW2

    Oh, I will possibly agree depending on how this new Lineage turns out.  

    I will say that GW2 is going to rock.

  • DepartedSoulDepartedSoul Member UncommonPosts: 99

    The scope of the sieges really took hold of me. Combat looks interesting, some new features, and reactive.

    And I just really love the view point. Makes you feel PART of the world and makes the world feel of a much larger scale, imo!

    Hopefully we can choose other races than the humans shown, such as the Orcs from L2, etc. 

    The boss fight at the end of the trailer was also pretty sweet!

    When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

  • uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

    Looks like another MMO best played with a controller.  Not interested.

  • BabyChooChooBabyChooChoo Member Posts: 29

    God forbid both games can coexist...

  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

    Maybe this site could have a prefab form people can start filling out for these kinds of posts. You can just fill in the name of the game and company making it and the rest will be filled with lots of fully capitalized words and extra punctuation plus standard reasons why it's going to kill Blizzard. Just a suggestion.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,351

    Originally posted by uidCaustic

    Looks like another MMO best played with a controller.  Not interested.

    except that it's click to move and you use the mouse to designate special attacks and defense.

  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

    OMG!  I though the screenshots looked great.  

     

  • Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

    Originally posted by DarkAsmodeus

    This is the trailer for recently announced Lineage Eternal. The viewpoint takes it back to L1 and reminds me a LOT of Ultima and Baldurs Gate. 

    NCsoft has taken the throne imho, with Anet and Guild Wars, and now THIS!?!?!?!??

    Sorry D3... ITS OVER... you have just been sent to the grave. Lineage Eternal looks to have better combat, EPIC sieges, and is a full fledged mmo.

    I would bet on houses and of course castles to claim, etc, following in true Lineage tradition. 

    The scope of these battles and the interactive environments looks awesome. 

    ENJOY 

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-OV2ix_HU

     

    What the heck are you talking about?   You know MMO players aren't the only players that play video games, correct?  

  • Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by uidCaustic

    Looks like another MMO best played with a controller.  Not interested.

    except that it's click to move and you use the mouse to designate special attacks and defense.

    I'd kill for some more 'controller' esque combat MMO's. Unless it's a FPS, if it HAS to be played with keyboard and mouse any chance for decent, exciting 'action combat' is out the window. GW2 seems like it's right on the border, some fundamental things like placed AoE attacks and a lot of the equipment switching prevent any decent implementation of a controller interface.

    image

  • pwnasauruspwnasaurus Member UncommonPosts: 71

    Originally posted by Dionysus187

    Originally posted by Sovrath


    Originally posted by uidCaustic

    Looks like another MMO best played with a controller.  Not interested.

    except that it's click to move and you use the mouse to designate special attacks and defense.

    I'd kill for some more 'controller' esque combat MMO's. Unless it's a FPS, if it HAS to be played with keyboard and mouse any chance for decent, exciting 'action combat' is out the window. GW2 seems like it's right on the border, some fundamental things like placed AoE attacks and a lot of the equipment switching prevent any decent implementation of a controller interface.

    Have you considered Tera?

  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member Posts: 3,988

    I'm not a terribly huge fan of isometric MMO's/RPG's, but this looks very cool.

    Another game to look forward to hopefully.

  • UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

    Remarkable vid.  I don't know anything about the Lineage series.  What are the chances of seeing it localized for North America?

    Heh, it just keeps getting easier to watch Diablo disappear in the rearview mirror.

  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

    Is it an MMO and is it coming to the West?

  • sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

    physics and graphics are amazing. the knight and spirit archer look badass.

     

    but the game is an easy, mindless hack and slash. i guess it's all a matter of preference, but i think playing D3, and these top-down rpgs is a waste of time, compared to GW2 for example. i hate games in which you faceroll through hordes of enemies without a scratch, and look like a demi-god doing it. this is why i wont be picking up D3 - it's easy as hell, it's for the masses, and it's stupid. where's the challenge?

  • marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

    Originally posted by sonoggi

    physics and graphics are amazing. the knight and spirit archer look badass.

     

    but the game is an easy, mindless hack and slash. i guess it's all a matter of preference, but i think playing D3, and these top-down rpgs is a waste of time, compared to GW2 for example. i hate games in which you faceroll through hordes of enemies without a scratch, and look like a demi-god doing it. this is why i wont be picking up D3 - it's easy as hell, it's for the masses, and it's stupid. where's the challenge?

    This is the first trailer.  We should probably wait for more to decide if its going to be easy or not.  TL has been a challenge for me though,   Mobs seem to be strong in that game.

  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

    I disagree. D3 will still be bigger then that game you listed because D3 has a culture and large backing of previous fans, not to mention 10 million possible fans Blizzard can show the way to D3 when it releases. There is no way D3 will fail based on another game being slightly better in the same type. D3 is much more popular. New better things that traditionally come along tend to take a long time to become popular.

  • DepartedSoulDepartedSoul Member UncommonPosts: 99

    Lineage has generally not been considered an "easy mode" type of MMO world to play through. Fighting masses of enemies is definately one of their features though. 

    As for the combat if you watch the video it is very action oriented IMO, almost as far to say it would be twitch based, off of reaction times like doing whirlwinds and aiming spells and such. 

    It will make player sieges quite epic IMO! Especially the way a lot of these abilities look, flinging people all over the place and impaling them to whalls, slamming them to the earth with spells and whatnot.

    When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

  • DepartedSoulDepartedSoul Member UncommonPosts: 99

    Originally posted by bezado

    I disagree. D3 will still be bigger then that game you listed because D3 has a culture and large backing of previous fans, not to mention 10 million possible fans Blizzard can show the way to D3 when it releases. There is no way D3 will fail based on another game being slightly better in the same type. D3 is much more popular. New better things that traditionally come along tend to take a long time to become popular.

    You do realize Lineage was / is one of the biggest MMO franchises of all time?

    NCsoft dwarfs blizzard simply with their Asian audience and have for quite a long time, yet many dont realize this. I mean look at the money they throw on Anet in regards to GW2. 

    D3 won't fail, but this game will be what D3 **Could** have been imo. 

     

    Better combat, on an MMO scale, with massive player PVP sieges. 

    Ultima fans win, Lineage fans win, D3 style fans win, MMO fans is the dream come true. 

    When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

  • Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by uidCaustic

    Looks like another MMO best played with a controller.  Not interested.

    except that it's click to move and you use the mouse to designate special attacks and defense.

    Always a killer for me, click to move that is. Can never get into them.

    I also would of prefered a rotating camera and WASD controller, similar to Sacred 2. 

    The game does look very good but I would never buy it simply for the fact its click to move.

  • DepartedSoulDepartedSoul Member UncommonPosts: 99

    Control scheme may not be limited to point to click, details are very limited atm. Also the camera view can be rotated and zoomed in

    When a man lies... he murders some part of the World.

  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

    My only issue with these Hack 'n Slash games is that you feel less involved because it's shot from so high above.

  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127


    Originally posted by DarkAsmodeus

    Originally posted by bezado
    I disagree. D3 will still be bigger then that game you listed because D3 has a culture and large backing of previous fans, not to mention 10 million possible fans Blizzard can show the way to D3 when it releases. There is no way D3 will fail based on another game being slightly better in the same type. D3 is much more popular. New better things that traditionally come along tend to take a long time to become popular.
    You do realize Lineage was / is one of the biggest MMO franchises of all time?
    NCsoft dwarfs blizzard simply with their Asian audience and have for quite a long time, yet many dont realize this. I mean look at the money they throw on Anet in regards to GW2. 
    D3 won't fail, but this game will be what D3 **Could** have been imo. 
     
    Better combat, on an MMO scale, with massive player PVP sieges. 
    Ultima fans win, Lineage fans win, D3 style fans win, MMO fans is the dream come true. 

    Yes I know that, played it years ago, and I know how big it is with the Asian market. But that still does nothing when you compare the two. Diablo series has success and many millions of fans while this isn't the same Lineage but now compared to the D3 style it wont do as good coming out at first. D3 has more fans and will pickup quicker then this. If you or others think differently then you never played or took part in the Diablo series or know that Blizzard is a beast of advertising pull.

Sign In or Register to comment.