Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of phishing emails

alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

So today I got a phishing email for runescape, it says that:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. 

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:.

[Here they put you a link, of course I checked it and it redirect to some obscure place to take your account]

Just to make people know they may get a phishing attempt about runescape too. I know about that but some people may not be aware and may fall for the phishing only becouse "is not for wow, it's proably legit".

Comments

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

I get 2 -3 for runescape everyday which I have never played, I get around 10+ for Blizzard everday  which I havnt played in ages and numurous others for other games I havnt even played.

I have registered all my games with a different email, all forum and websites use another email thats unasociated with my personal stuff.

I would advice those who havnt to do so as most phishing emails have got your email details from sites like this.  Just be careful what you share.  I've got offers of  winged mounts, beta entry to games I've never applied for, my accounts have been compromised, my account is suspended unless I follow their link etc etc.

I had a phone call last week from an Asian who struggled to speak English telling me my pc has a virus and that it was due to a file embedded in windows. I had some fun with him till he hung up.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

The worst email I ever got was the famous you got into Diablo3 beta.. Got me all excited until I looked closer.. :(