Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grr, when does this &T§(&"!! update come ?

They have given us two small patches in August and thats nice and dandy, but was that all ?

Comments

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    Naylie (public relations) posted that a portion of what is being released will be revealed today. We will be getting some sort of information today.
  • ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

Latest word is that an announcement will be arriving this week.  SOE does realize that the Vanguard base is itching (to put it mildly) for news.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Like I always say " Someone needs to reach in and take a good game like Vanguard away from SOE ".  They should not own it !

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

so where is the big news pertaining vanguard?

i mean i see this irrelevant shit about livegamers but /shrug.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

There is some news:

"Hello all, we wanted to let you know that Live Gamer will no longer be offered in EverQuest II, Vanguard or Free Realms. We thought you might have a few questions for us on that topic!"

I guess either the contract with Live Gamer is expired, or like EQ2 going F2P next month, a similar thing will happen to Vanguard as well soon *just speculating*

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I'm fairly sure nobody is using LiveGamer for Vanguard anyway.

Seriously, whats the point ? The only thing most of the offers there are good for is making fun of them. Who cares about level 20, 30, at best 40 guy with no crafter level and no diplo level ?

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

This game needs to go freemium. That would boost it like crazy and remind people it exists.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Yeah that announcement wasn't exactly the big news everyone had been hoping for.  I am being to wonder if they are just pulling a smoke and mirrors act.  Hey we're going to give you new content.  Throw out to bug fixes and then disappear again.  I am sure most of the SOE Dev team had been pulled to do the F2P conversion for EQ2.

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Cruel is the only word I can use to describe this whole fiasco. Well that and unsurprising.

MUNDO!!

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well given the connection problems of the past days, they're obviously working on the game.

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by Adamantine

I'm fairly sure nobody is using LiveGamer for Vanguard anyway.

Seriously, whats the point ? The only thing most of the offers there are good for is making fun of them. Who cares about level 20, 30, at best 40 guy with no crafter level and no diplo level ?

Last I checked, which was in maybe early summer (shortly after the outage) there were like 6-10 things on sale for Vanguard.  Total. So no, nobody was using it, and the EQ2 servers using it were the game's lowest in population.  It's a dead idea; everyone is going with in-game stores and microtransactions now.  Maybe we will see that happen for Vanguard, but I'm doubtful; the natural time to have done that would have been about a year ago, and circumstances aren't getting any better.