Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steams Forum Security compromised

FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Looks like another hack. This time Valve's Steam forums according to Massively. Time to change passwords again, just in case....

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11/07/valves-steam-forum-security-compromised/

Edit: Ten Ton Hammer also reports.  http://tentonhammer.com/news/rumor-steam-forums-hacked

Comments

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Knew something was up.  Steam forums have been down for what seems like 20 hours (was at work all day, dunno if they came back up).  Saw they were down last night around 9pm and they are offline right now.  Kind of annoying because since the forums are down and nothing has been added to the "News" section of Steam, we have no idea what's going on.  No word from Valve, no update anywhere as to when the forums we will back up.  Man, sick of all this "hacking" shit.  I don't care who's at fault here, it just gets old. 

• psyfighterpsyfighter Member Posts: 50

i used steam for wile now but have never ben to there forums lol.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I have read the forums and posted a couple of times, but not many. I changed my Steam account password anyway. Dunno if it matters but it made me feel better. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Sweet! Glad to see it since they had the nerve to perma-ban me for a ridiculous reason. As a legitimate, often times forced, user of their product I should ALWAYS have access to their Forums to search for the answers to any issues between Steam and any game I use with it, god knows I have had a few. Now I have to go looking in other forums for answers to questions about Steam. Now it's DtD or Impulse for all my digital purchases.

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of arrogant assholes.

/rant off

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.