Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fire or Ice and weapon

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I am thinking about going with Fire and a two-hand melee option, any ideas on what is a good combination.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Right now my character is using fire and the hand power thing.  I like fire, but I dont like the hands.  I used the hammer once and that seemed more powerful.

But dont take my advice, my character is only level 8.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I was thinking about Dual Wield or martial arts.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

My main is a fire tank, and my first weapon choice was two-handed. I've since added staff and handblasters to my routine. Supposedly, Ice is better for tanking, but I haven't tried it since beta. When I did try it, it was kinda cool, but I prefer fire.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Right now I am Ice Handblasters. I might just keep it for a bit longer.  I also have a Nature Staff and that is nice.  i do like the staff. 

--John Ruskin

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

it really depends on what your trying to do.  Fire and Ice are the only power that can be tanks, so if your going to tank you have to choose them. I persoanlly have a blast with the brawler weapon.  it's really satisfiying to swing knuckles.  Fire focuses on more HP and ice focuses on mitigation, but they can both do dps....so if your going to be stricitly a DPS fire or Ice it's a matter of preference.  I personally like ice because i love making that snowball and throwing it, same with the ice fist ability and being the ice elemental - all work well in close range.

I wanted to make a tank and a healer for my two free slots.  I messed around a bunch and I think I like the nature staff for one of them.  The tank is a bit harder to choose. 

I think I am just going to go with the Ice and hand blasters for now.

Does anyone know when you can pick up a second weapon as a "free" account?

--John Ruskin

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

second weapon is at lvl 10