Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't read text in game

vladracvladrac Member Posts: 72

Anyone else have this problem? I can barely read any of the text in game, its all jaggedy...almost impossible to read anything. Also get Socket errors after playing for about 5 mintues. I opened the UDP ports on my router too...Any help is appreciated :)

-=<VlaDrak>=-
www.sugarfist.com

Comments

• eritherith Member Posts: 6

yep - socket errors seem to be a big problem causing game lock up and memory leak. They'll need to get that sorted soon if the game's gonna remain stable.

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

What ports are they sugessting? The FomPortal page is a general no go for me right now.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

The text was fine for me ingame (other than the char creation when it is on a crap background. )

Got one socket error and everything carried on as normal so not sure what that was all about.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• OpiateOpiate Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by vladrac
    Anyone else have this problem? I can barely read any of the text in game, its all jaggedy...almost impossible to read anything. Also get Socket errors after playing for about 5 mintues. I opened the UDP ports on my router too...Any help is appreciated :)
    Turn off ClearType in Windows XP (Display Properties->Appearance->Effects) that should get rid of the bold and fuzzy chars, we're tying to find a better solution, but Cleartyps is clearly evil ::::35::

The socket errors are most likely caused by our gameservers (the ones you connect to) going up and down a lot, expect this to become much better over the course of the next days

Bram "Opiate" Venneman - Duplex Systems
    Face Of Mankind - The New Multiplayer Experience