Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion 3.0 - The Promised Land Trailer

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

This is what Aion should have been at launch.   Now it is truly hitting epic awesomeness.   More games should add housing and seasons.   With the upcoming water expansions - this game will be one of the most epic games on the market.

Aion 3.0 Trailer - The Promised Land

Comments

• Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

HOLY CRAP this looks outstanding!!!!

I was there at launch, for about three months, and quit due to the midlevel grind. I remember running Fire Temple over and over and over haha!

Im definitely going to check this out though. The question is

WHEN IS IT SUPPOSED TO HIT? Im thinking its going to be a long long while....

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Teala

This is what Aion should have been at launch. 

Some people were actually content with aion's premise at launch, Not what it "could, should or will be"

Personally I played in the China beta was happy with what i did there (because the genisis of this game did not happen with a NA release so your point above is obscure) and I actually read the aion box with there promises of seemless PvPvE, epic abyss battles and "rifting".

Fast forward today, And we have talk of seperating servers, Instanced pvp, Arenas, Mounts, Rift nerfs, and increased ease of use..So, grabbing my aion box off the shelf and reading it now, theres absoulty no reason to sub to it because it does pretty much nothing it says on the box today.

Now, why am i against such "innovations" such as above? because aion was doing it diffrent, Or atleast had a diffrent spin. Although graphicly it did look like wow, It did not play like it. imo its gotten to the stage now where it has most of wows features why dont people just play wow?

Personal housing is a very good step for any mmorpg and the addition of weather effects also lends it's to a more lush game experience (at least on the eyes) but the addion of mounts frustrates me no end in a game that has wings. It used to be a substancial driving force to aqure better, faster more artfull wings. Now that we have "mounts" in the game i supose the spotlight is going to be taken away from that. and what is aion without wings? 

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I like just about everything except the housing and thats hard for someone who loves housing in games as much as I do.  It just seems so unnatural.  A house with one big room with a freakisly tall ceiling?  Why not houses similar to how the ones in EQ2, DFO, or VG are done where they seem more realistic.  I dont like the victorian furnitre as much but I could get over that if the house wasnt a massive studio appartment in the shape of a two story house.

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Haven't played since Beta... this could bring me back.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i,m absolutely gutted they never did a couple of pve servers for this game..i would have loved to have played it all the way thru..btw 3.0 looks great.

• ArcsolArcsol Member UncommonPosts: 67

i already came back and having a lot of fun, only thing thats turning me off is the world chat is just as bad as wow trade chat

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Aion 3.0 - The Empty Land, too late NC.

The game had fantastic potential, but now serves as lessons in how to lose player numbers.

Next time NC need to pass supervision of the western game to a third party, preferably one that has a significant expereience with the western playerbase.

If the consequences are that the western version becomes a noticeably different game than the Asian one, then so be it. 

The history of NC changes in this game shows that they just didn't understand the best way forward for the western market. It is too late to say that now the game is different from the launch version. Large players numbers have gone. A small number  will always float backwards and forwards, sme with any game.

But the opportunity for this to be more than a niche game in the west has long gone.

Will decline further with new game launches, especially GW2. NC's next offering Blade & Soul is round the corner. Hopefully they have learnt the lessons here, but only time will tell.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Too late.  Looks like great stuff, but simply too late.  By the time it's localized here TOR will be out with GW2 right around the corner.  The only poeple that will pay attention will be the ones already playing Aion and dedicated to staying with that game.

• pexisxpexisx Member Posts: 11

Looks awesome. Wandering when it hits EU.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I dont know, that looked like the new Sims 4, rumor is they are adding combat.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Hokie

I dont know, that looked like the new Sims 4, rumor is they are adding combat.

Phew...

Thought I was the only one who was wondering where all these went to:

Second half looked good I guess, nothing spectacular.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• CalavryCalavry Member UncommonPosts: 112

Looks good but I will not resub without PVE severs.

Originally posted by Calavry

Seems a strange quote for a pvp game - but is it?

Creating pve servers would seem to go against the initial concept of the game. However, NC have been attempting to juggle between appeasing both pve and pvp players on the same servers since game launch - with little success. Succeeding only in frustrating both sets of player types.

The common reply to pve servers is "go play something else" - lo and behold, that is precisely what players did, hence the server reductions all over the west.

I see nothing wrong with having pvp and pve servers. Players pick what they want, and are allowed to play the style they want.

But it's flogging a dying horse here as the game is aimed at the eastern market,  with little or no devotion to the west from the developers. A previous poster has hit the nail on the head, saying that this latest update may keep hold of existing players who are tied into the game, but little else in terms of growth.

Ultimately, Aion history is frustrating. It had so much poterntial. Good story, excellent graphics, great character customization, one of the best UI and lfg mechanisms around. Potential to have great fort battles (which could still take place on pve servers, as they do in other games).

But countered by so many things, that ultimately drove large player numbers away from the game. The two headliners being the awful RNG and NC support for the western game.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Originally posted by Calavry

Seems a strange quote for a pvp game - but is it?

<>

What I've always loved about Aion is how you need to flog through PvE content to get to the PvP.

Aion lost its sense of direction long ago. 

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

It's a pity that the combat audio gives me a headache its unbearable.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The game had fantastic potential, but now serves as lessons in how to lose player numbers.

Next time NC need to pass supervision of the western game to a third party, preferably one that has a significant expereience with the western playerbase.

If the consequences are that the western version becomes a noticeably different game than the Asian one, then so be it. 

The history of NC changes in this game shows that they just didn't understand the best way forward for the western market. It is too late to say that now the game is different from the launch version. Large players numbers have gone. A small number  will always float backwards and forwards, sme with any game.

But the opportunity for this to be more than a niche game in the west has long gone.

Will decline further with new game launches, especially GW2. NC's next offering Blade & Soul is round the corner. Hopefully they have learnt the lessons here, but only time will tell.

Aion is doing great and is the #2 Pay To Play MMO on the market. Of course it could have done better in the west but thats not its main market. Its main market is Asia and its doing fine there. Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul, Wild Star, New Lineage game and Lineage 2 going FTP. What other mmo company out there is doing anything close to what NC Soft is doing? 

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by nerovipus32

It's a pity that the combat audio gives me a headache its unbearable.

In every promotial video from AION is better to turn the sound off (since 2007 at least)

In-game, west version is diferent. 

Originally posted by Mannish

Aion is doing great and is the #2 Pay To Play MMO on the market. Of course it could have done better in the west but thats not its main market. Its main market is Asia and its doing fine there. Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul, Wild Star, New Lineage game and Lineage 2 going FTP. What other mmo company out there is doing anything close to what NC Soft is doing? 

Precisely - it could have done better in the west. You are entirely correct with saying that the main market is Asia. My statements refer to the west, which I pointed out.

Aion has again shown that their is a difference between the Asian and Western playerbase, not better or worse just different. That's fine, if we where all the same life would be terribly boring.  But if game developers like NC wish to have more success over here, they need to fully westernise their games, maybe  with help from local game companies.

If not, their next "big thing" over here will once again see significant player loss and server closures once the initial - "ooh it's new lets' try it" phase has passed.

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

That's it...

It's strange, we know that ncsoft is allways getting new strange solutions, but what really happens it's great and awsome games. Even with all those big mistakes like AION has, i hope that those new promisses get real. And i dont see no problem about the home/house system, about the rng, thats another thing.

I am still hoping that one day, on aion or any other mmorpg i play, gives me other matters to concern beside leveling up. What about a gear/set/weapon with hours of game or experience to be upgraded. Now when i wear my "new lvl35" or lvl20 or lvl45 (doesnt matter the lvl), i know that it will have a 3-5 lvls range to be weared and still do something nice. It would be great if i had an objective to get that set/weapon and upgrade it all the way in game lvl. But thats only my opinion ^-^

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

This is what Aion should have been at launch.   Now it is truly hitting epic awesomeness.   More games should add housing and seasons.   With the upcoming water expansions - this game will be one of the most epic games on the market.

No, it wont be. AION  is a Pve/Social MMO, even worse after 3.0.  it will be a success In korea but not in this side of the world where people are just tired of games like AION. Cute graphics without enough quality content, just an exucse of content called ¨endless grindfest¨ to keep the players playing AION like a real job.  AION NA is dying, and that wont change, swtor is coming next Month, then TSW and even GW2 and AION doesnt have enough content to be competitive in the West Market.  

Originally posted by hikaru77

No, it wont be. AION  is a Pve/Social MMO, even worse after 3.0.  it will be a success In korea but not in this side of the world where people are just tired of games like AION. Cute graphics without enough quality content, just an exucse of content called ¨endless grindfest¨ to keep the players playing AION like a real job.  AION NA is dying, and that wont change, swtor is coming next Month, then TSW and even GW2 and AION doesnt have enough content to be competitive in the West Market.  

AION have enouph content and all with good quality. Those who say that are ppl that only like PvP or only PvE.

AION was allways be supose a PvPvE game (like they call it), so any player that like PvP and PvE will be happy on this game.

PvPers scream on forums for more PvP features and PvErs scream for a PvE server. This game have both features mix and some ppl dont like that.

PVP and PVE Players scream on forums because the game tried to accomodate both players types on the same servers. This just doesn't mix.

All that happens is the pve players want to play their game, only to get ganked over and over by pvp players. I played for a year from launch. I saw this everytime i was on.

Then the pve players complain so NC change the rules

Then the pvp players complain so the rules get changed again

and so on.......

Seven uk servers are now two and a half with population declining. No amount of cash shop fluff can disguise this decline. Will housing change the reasons why so many people left? Of course not.

The RNG is still a population killer - this simply doesn't go down well in the west. Never has done - these compamies need to learn this.

For Aion to truly grow in the west, I would say that they need to get rid of the rng, introduce pve servers wilth consensual pvp. Retain the fort battles, have some additional rvr battles for those who want it. And improve the western support.;

Verdict - 3.0 not going to save the western game. Major reasons for mass player exodus still there.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Precisely - it could have done better in the west. You are entirely correct with saying that the main market is Asia. My statements refer to the west, which I pointed out.

Aion has again shown that their is a difference between the Asian and Western playerbase, not better or worse just different. That's fine, if we where all the same life would be terribly boring.  But if game developers like NC wish to have more success over here, they need to fully westernise their games, maybe  with help from local game companies.

If not, their next "big thing" over here will once again see significant player loss and server closures once the initial - "ooh it's new lets' try it" phase has passed.

I dont think they will ever fully westernize there games or they will loose the Asian market and they are not going to take that chance. NC Soft needs more companys like Arena Net that will only focus on Western games. I dont know who is making Wild Star but its looks like the first NC Soft game thats being made from the ground up for Western Market. 

PVP and PVE Players scream on forums because the game tried to accomodate both players types on the same servers. This just doesn't mix.

All that happens is the pve players want to play their game, only to get ganked over and over by pvp players. I played for a year from launch. I saw this everytime i was on.

Then the pve players complain so NC change the rules

Then the pvp players complain so the rules get changed again

and so on.......

Seven uk servers are now two and a half with population declining. No amount of cash shop fluff can disguise this decline. Will housing change the reasons why so many people left? Of course not.

The RNG is still a population killer - this simply doesn't go down well in the west. Never has done - these compamies need to learn this.

For Aion to truly grow in the west, I would say that they need to get rid of the rng, introduce pve servers wilth consensual pvp. Retain the fort battles, have some additional rvr battles for those who want it. And improve the western support.;

Verdict - 3.0 not going to save the western game. Major reasons for mass player exodus still there.

IMO, all this problems related to PvPers and PvErs only hapened because is a faction based game, wich i hate that part. AION could be like L2 where palyers define their enemys and make war.

I agree most of faction base games have pve servers, imo was better for AION remove the faction war and implement some system based on Legions war, this way a player without legion or in a peace Legion wasnt forced to engage in PvP.

About RNG i tottaly agree, it was this the reason i stop playing plus the cash shop (when they impement the 100% manastones).

But overall is still a great game  :)

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

I dont think they will ever fully westernize there games or they will loose the Asian market and they are not going to take that chance. NC Soft needs more companys like Arena Net that will only focus on Western games. I dont know who is making Wild Star but its looks like the first NC Soft game thats being made from the ground up for Western Market. 

It would be easy to make the game compatible to the western market. They'd need to allow PVE servers and nerf the RNG that rules the whole game currently. Both changes could be configurable, thus it would be the same for asians.

I guess it would also help if they'd fix all the exploits or at least find a second GM that helps the poor guy that has to solo all the servers right now.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.