Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Server..not so super

sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Im 360 in line to get into a server.....

i hope they open new server so we wont have lvl30 hero hanging around lvl4 villan quest zone lol

Comments

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

The megaserver (at least I think that's what you're talking about?) was designed to be a server merge basically. It was put in because the population was low and servers were dying.

Now that they've opened up the game to FTP (which actually makes it worth it to play), of course you're going to be 360 in line, lol.

Plus, it's the first full day of the conversion so everyone and their Uncle Harry is going to try the game out now, especially the open world PvP since that's free too.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

Feel lucky at around 9:00 PM eastern I was 1572 in the queue ;(.  Needless to say I gave up ;D.

Yeah, lol.

And if it's any consolation OP.. Lifetimes have to wait in line just like the Freebiums.

There is no priority log in for them. I know because I have a Lifetime sub and I'm now 2500 in line. Just wanted to test it after you said that.

• lamberslambers Member Posts: 18

in the queue?  Not sure what the cube is...  anyway, looking forward to trying the game out myself actually, guess I'll do it some day I have off of work so I can do it in the morning.

• zukster2k5zukster2k5 Member UncommonPosts: 18

I just logged into to the PvP PC server and I'm 2100 in queue.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Logged in at 8:00 pm EST, no queue, made my character and ran around Gotham on the PvP server. Lots of higher level heroes out whippin' lowbie villain tail, but it was fun regardless. And then the server crashed.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Just tried to log in and I am #2861 in line.

Originally posted by Talthanys
    Logged in at 8:00 pm EST, no queue, made my character and ran around Gotham on the PvP server. Lots of higher level heroes out whippin' lowbie villain tail, but it was fun regardless. And then the server crashed.

Yeah, it's strange but I usually don't like to get ganked but I got on my level 10 Hard Light villian and went to Metro and some 30s were ripping people to shreds.

But when you get enough lowbies like we had around, we actually were killing a few of them lol.

The best thing though is now there is actual, real open-world PvP, and I've kinda been starving for that for awhile now from before. Rift didn't have it much and when it did I didn't connect with it in the same way.

Rift is an overall better game than DCUO, but they sure don't have a clue about making fun PvP imo.

• ZamolxisZamolxis Member UncommonPosts: 17

So am I right that the server is down for everyone now ? the US server.
    At least I see a "WORLD DOWN" at character selection.

Originally posted by Zamolxis
    So am I right that the server is down for everyone now ? the US server.
    At least I see a "WORLD DOWN" at character selection.
    Yeah, it crashed.

The servers are coughing up chips.. they haven't seen this many people since launch.

It's like trying to feed a man who hasn't eaten in a month a nine-course meal. He ain't gonna keep it down for long no matter how good it is or tastes.

Even the offical forums are all like.. "I'm ...mo...ving...in.. sl....ow...mo....tion..."

Ok, looks like it's back up now, I'm in the queue ;)

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

The odd this is the game wouldnt even let me wait in line...i was in 200  then i was kick ..

.like if i was afk in game LOL

I started the tutorial mission, but now the server is completely lagged (it takes about 30s for hits to register)

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=35862

2nd day and the servers are down.   Guess they didn't count on so many F2P players coming on board.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Looks like US server have more queue than EU servers. So far I haven't had any trouble to get in the game...

GL to all in queue wanting to play - game is worth the wait ;)

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by tort0429

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=35862

2nd day and the servers are down.   Guess they didn't count on so many F2P players coming on board.

Chances are they won't have to deal with it for long. I expect populations to balance out (read plummet) within the next 4 weeks.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

How do you roll out a f2p version of the software and have it not work ? Don't they test stuff ? LOL idiots...

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by SaintViktor

How do you roll out a f2p version of the software and have it not work ? Don't they test stuff ? LOL idiots...

I think it's more of a not expecting so many to come play sort of thing. Ideally, they probably should have done what DAoC did and just made the servers into clusters that you could roam through. Would have been more stable, and the population would have been more spread out.

It's nice to see so many interested, but yeah....they should have thought this out more.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Kaneth

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I think it's more of a not expecting so many to come play sort of thing. Ideally, they probably should have done what DAoC did and just made the servers into clusters that you could roam through. Would have been more stable, and the population would have been more spread out.

It's nice to see so many interested, but yeah....they should have thought this out more.

I was having alot of fiun with this this morning and then the mad rush hit. No excuse for not being prepared but hey hopefully hey fix it soon so I can beat up on veterans who think they are all that. ;)

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Legendary account status and I start 2898 in queue and after its counted down Im stuck on loading screen. Before f2p transition I had no problems getting in the game. I think that they completely misjudged the f2p transition. The marketing was crap too, claiming that on 1 nov the game went f2p. But it didnt. They started the f2p transition on 1nov, so the servers were down about the whole day of 1 nov. Now they have a new problem with those damn queues and connection issues for a lot of players. Every time you zone you roll the connection dice.

• gt4980bgt4980b Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by someforumguy

Legendary account status and I start 2898 in queue and after its counted down Im stuck on loading screen. Before f2p transition I had no problems getting in the game. I think that they completely misjudged the f2p transition. The marketing was crap too, claiming that on 1 nov the game went f2p. But it didnt. They started the f2p transition on 1nov, so the servers were down about the whole day of 1 nov. Now they have a new problem with those damn queues and connection issues for a lot of players. Every time you zone you roll the connection dice.

Smedley tweeted that they did misjudge the number of people interested. 

Concurrent players is up 900%.  Yes there is lag. 

They are working on the lag and the queue priority system.  The priority system is off at the moment which is why you are 2K.  The point of the queue is to keep the chat server from dying when a massive amount of people log in.

I gave up on the weekend.  The lag is so bad, systems are breaking all over the place.  I look forward to hopping in next week.

Originally posted by gt4980b

Originally posted by someforumguy

Smedley tweeted that they did misjudge the number of people interested. 
    Concurrent players is up 900%.  Yes there is lag. 
    They are working on the lag and the queue priority system.  The priority system is off at the moment which is why you are 2K.  The point of the queue is to keep the chat server from dying when a massive amount of people log in.
    I gave up on the weekend.  The lag is so bad, systems are breaking all over the place.  I look forward to hopping in next week.

That's the thing a lot of people misjudged.

Everyone was saying "DCUO is dead" which was mostly true as far as new paying subs. So when they announced FTP, a lot of people figured "Who'd want to play a dead game?"

The problem with that is many people who actually played (or thought about playing DCUO) said repeatedly that "Well, I like the game but I don't think I want to pay for it.. when is this going FTP so I can play for free?" That's all people said after the first three months.

SOE must haven't been reading forums because it was clear there was interest in the game, just not at a paid price.

Paying customers just have to realize that this game now needs those FTP players to come in and buy packs, costumes, PvP toons and other stuff. They can easily spend more than $15/month doing that so it's better to go through some pain now and be happy later on.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I was right around 2800 in queue on friday and it took less than 2 minutes before i was in game.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Gotta say it's kind of funny.

They made a big deal about creating a single large mega server during it's P2P period, but then not long after doing all that work they switch to F2P and now it can't handle the traffic anymore lol (and also creates crowding issues in most areas).

They'll probably have to reverse all that work and start creating new servers again xD money well spent SOE.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

i read they had 120,000 accounts/ players signed up.   hardware/software asside, that's A LOT of frikkin people .  and they had been ding a lot of patches to get it stable.  saturday was a preety good play day.  met  lot sof people adn made a cople of levels