Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!!!!!

BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

I downloaded the client and popped on to check it out at lunch and I got hammered.  My guy is level 21, which I havnt played in a long time, and Im to the Green Latern/Sinestro quest and the yellow latern guys just beat the hell out of me.  I'm lucky to live with 2 on me and I have to use colas on three. 

I'm a fire/staff guy and I cant figure out what Im doing wrong.  I'm blocking and rolling out of the way of the charge attacks and when I get one stunned with my staff the others just knock me out of the way (no charge up icon on that power).

Does anyone have any advice, have I rolled the wrong combo,  are you not supposed to solo at all, or do I just suck at DC  ;D.

Comments

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Try doing it as a tank? 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Stay on the edge of the fight. Be willing to kite until only 1 or 2 attackers are focused on you. Kite larger groups near your allies to try to get them to attack. Stay out of Sinestro's ring powers way especially the buzzsaw. Hide behind pillars.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

It would probably help to know what part of the quest you are having a problem with, to give a more specific answer.  Yes, it is soloable.  I have done it many times.

First, try to avoid getting into a 3 on 1 situation in the first place.  If you are in a spot where NPC's from your faction are fighting with you, let them take some off your hands.  Try to stay off to the side somewhere, not in the middle of them, and avoid AoE attacks because it is easy to pull aggro off the NPC's. Try to fight one at a time. 

You can stun with your staff, so try to do that as much as possible.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

Thanks guys that is about what I thought the yellow latern guys have attacks that are pulling me and pushhing me all over the place and I have trouble not pulling aggro from others.  It just seems like the high I get it would be easier to play a ranged class and not a melee one because of all the pushing and pulling.  I like my fire/staff guy dammit ;)

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Actually, melee is fine.  Most of my characters use melee weapons, two of them use a staff.   

Yeah, the Sinestro guys are a pain when you get multiple ones on you. The staff has a couple of ranged attacks that you can use to pull one to you, so you don't have to  wander out into the middle of them. Don't go to them, bring them to you one at a time, when possible. You can usualy pull them into a corner, better yet, down a hall or up onto a different level.  Don't take too long though, because they will defeat the Green Lantern guys if you do.   

Stun them or knock them down/back every chance you get.  The staff set has several skills for doing that. They can't knock you around when they are stunned.  image  

Fire has some area attacks,  so you need to be very careful about using those around groups.