Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE gamecards and why we shouldnt pay to play mmos

KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217

1) Why is it I can buy a SOE game time card, but at thesame time I cant play no more their Star wars galaxies game ??? I want to play galaxies in its original state with no nerfs for my monthly payment but added content only .

2) Why do i pay for a game that is pay to play, if im paying money every month so they can do nerfs to what i originally paid for ? Surely if a profession becomes more stronger than the other , all you do is add more xp to each point of levelling for the professions that are more powerful. That would be a fair game then. Unbalanced is always the way in war, so lets keep it that way but for those professions that become more powerful than others ,make it hardr for them to level those professions. Ill pay for that but no more will i Pay for a 30 day game (ff14) for nerfs and for people to destroy thegame after one month.

How many people paid heaps of money for a computer upgrade only to find when they joined ff14 the game lasted a month as viable lol All thatmoney to be conned ?

Sorry to tell you this world of warcraft and its pay to paly games are actually behind the asians and their mastered free to play games thats wqhy they had more players than world of warcraft !!!

We are notpaying money for a game weve already paid for especially if wwe get people leaving the game, nerfs happening because people dont like what they paid for ???

See what I mean ?

Comments

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255

Just had to login to say this...................

ell oh ell my friend

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

So we shouldn't play mmos because it is possible they can change over time?  I'm not sure what this has to do with SOE gamecards though, other than the NGE was a sony debacle.   All mmos change if they didn't we would complain that they didn't change.  The developers are in a catch 22.  Now sony didn't need to do what they did, it was an option, and the option they took other developers make other choices.  If you don't like what happens in an mmo then you are correct, stop playing.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

That makes no sense. 

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

If I understand right, OP is just mad cause they locked the Galaxies accounts back in Sept for the final upcoming battle before their servers shut down.

There are MULTITUDES of reasons to not like SOE, but they were upfront about shutting down the pop servers in Sept and giving people a free couple of months to finish up.  Sounds to me, you didn't get the memo.

Now, why the OP goes on a FFXIV rant in a SOE hate thread.. there I'm just a wee bit confused.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by Kooshdin

See what I mean ?

Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Say What?

It has been well publicised that SWG is closing down and is going to be locked....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by Kooshdin

1) Why is it I can buy a SOE game time card, but at thesame time I cant play no more their Star wars galaxies game ??? I want to play galaxies in its original state with no nerfs for my monthly payment but added content only .

2) Why do i pay for a game that is pay to play, if im paying money every month so they can do nerfs to what i originally paid for ? Surely if a profession becomes more stronger than the other , all you do is add more xp to each point of levelling for the professions that are more powerful. That would be a fair game then. Unbalanced is always the way in war, so lets keep it that way but for those professions that become more powerful than others ,make it hardr for them to level those professions. Ill pay for that but no more will i Pay for a 30 day game (ff14) for nerfs and for people to destroy thegame after one month.

How many people paid heaps of money for a computer upgrade only to find when they joined ff14 the game lasted a month as viable lol All thatmoney to be conned ?

Sorry to tell you this world of warcraft and its pay to paly games are actually behind the asians and their mastered free to play games thats wqhy they had more players than world of warcraft !!!

We are notpaying money for a game weve already paid for especially if wwe get people leaving the game, nerfs happening because people dont like what they paid for ???

See what I mean ?

1) every MMO has a line on the box, in the guide or in the EULA (yes, you should read that before agreeing to a business deal) that a game can/will change over time with updates.

They say "hey, this is our game, these are our prices and our terms, if you don't like it, don't jump aboard"

2) you don't own the game, they do. You are just a 'renter'. If you don't like it, they have a nice cancel-button reserved for those times in your account management.

So your whine is a bit out of place.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

lol what. I don't know what was said.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

On the flip side...games cost money to produce. They are made by hundreds of people who have a life and sometimes even families. These people spend countless hours every week attempting to make something that others will enjoy. In order to do this they have to earn a salary. The only way they earn a salary or get paid perhaps on an hourly basis is if the company in charge of the game brings in the money to pay these employees. As such every game has to produce a revenue in some form or fashion or hundreds if not thousands of people will become homeless and possibly starve.

So if you wish to continue playing any game you will at some point in time have to spend money in order to support the many people responsible for creating said games. In the F2P model it works in that a handfull of people spends enomorous amounts of money to feel special so that hundreds of others do not have to spend any money and get to feel like peons. In the Freemium model lots of people get to play a castrated version of a game to see if its worthwhile and if it is upgrade to a better version of the game by spending money. In the P2P model everyone pays and the cost to play the full version of a usually somewhat decent game remains reasonble or the game goes out of business.

So in every model everyone pays one way or the other. You pay in large time sinks, restricted content or cash. Some models you pay all three. In the end though as of this post it is still our individual choice as to how we pay or who we pay in order to get whatever entertainment we want. So if you do not like something do not support the people who are providing it and they will go away.