Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zerker or Swashie?

meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I understand Bezerkers are not as survivable as equally geared and played Crusaders and Guardians but are they more survivable than a shield speced Swashie?

Is it true a Swashie will put out more AOE DPS than a Zerker? 

I ask because I would like to make a Zerker/Swashie duo with my wife but if it is going to fail then we will stick with our tank/healer duos and DPS/healer duos.

Comments

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Berserker has way more survivability than a swashbuckler and if you intend to make swashie for tanking, berserker would be a much better option.

While swashie has nice aoe dps, berserker has it as well, in addition having very good aoe agro control and aoe tanking ability. Especially at 90. When you do your epic, you get a buff that makes all your autoattack aoe attack.

And the buff (i think Bloodflow) makes you heal every time you are hit in melee, so you can tank hordes of mobs and be invincible in certain situations (when the mobs are weak).

I had 90 berserker, my swashie never reached 90, but my vote would be the 'zerker.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Sk + INq  that is your working combo :D.Then both of you can run a free account to duo box a buffer like a bard type and or perhaps speed buffer or a monk's buffs.You don't need to actually play both characters,your freebie second account would just be on auto /follow and giving your players the buffs,but if you can handle it you can also macro a couple clicks with yoru freebie.

I have a berserker he is ok,but i found SK to be quite a bit better.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

We have a SK/Inq duo.....we were thinking of duoing something that isn't a healer this time....but the two extra accounts for the buff toons could be interesting.

But the Zerker and Swashie would be capable of wrecking havoc?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

zerker all the way .better survival,more havoc .adrenaline!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by EverSkelly

And the buff (i think Bloodflow) makes you heal every time you are hit in melee, so you can tank hordes of mobs and be invincible in certain situations (when the mobs are weak).

I had 90 berserker, my swashie never reached 90, but my vote would be the 'zerker.

agree - go zerker