Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"In the coming weeks we'll invite hundreds of thousands of players into our biggest Beta test to dat

2»

Comments

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

Originally posted by Cannyone

Originally posted by Gormok

I wouldn't get my hopes up with this announcement, remember there where suppose have been massive invites with the september beta weekends. We all see how that turned out, I wouldn't put too much stock into what the suits say, because they have fumbled each time with their announcements.

Yeah, originally, they implied that there would be many weekends and the number of invites would scale up rapidly.  Though they put it all in vague terms.  Almost as if they were intending to mislead...

And I truly wish the EA Execs would learn to keep their mouths shut!  Their statements have been consistently invalidated time after time.  (But I Don't suppose any of you remember the "Spring 2011" release announcement?)

I will be slightly, if pleasantly, surprised if they don't delay the release on SWTOR until 2012.  But that's just an indication of how much I trust them at this point in time.  All I can say to BioWare/EA is: I'll believe it when I see it.

I find it funny to watch how badly they're handling the build up to launch. The devs barely post on the forums, the Friday updates suck, and the beta weekends have been fail. The official swtor forums have slowed to a crawl compared to what they were like during the Spring. It definitely doesn't feel like this game is only a few weeks from release.

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Fratman

I wouldn't get my hopes up with this announcement, remember there where suppose have been massive invites with the september beta weekends. We all see how that turned out, I wouldn't put too much stock into what the suits say, because they have fumbled each time with their announcements.

Yeah, originally, they implied that there would be many weekends and the number of invites would scale up rapidly.  Though they put it all in vague terms.  Almost as if they were intending to mislead...

And I truly wish the EA Execs would learn to keep their mouths shut!  Their statements have been consistently invalidated time after time.  (But I Don't suppose any of you remember the "Spring 2011" release announcement?)

I will be slightly, if pleasantly, surprised if they don't delay the release on SWTOR until 2012.  But that's just an indication of how much I trust them at this point in time.  All I can say to BioWare/EA is: I'll believe it when I see it.

I find it funny to watch how badly they're handling the build up to launch. The devs barely post on the forums, the Friday updates suck, and the beta weekends have been fail. The official swtor forums have slowed to a crawl compared to what they were like during the Spring. It definitely doesn't feel like this game is only a few weeks from release.

Heck I get more info from the leak sites than I do from the offical site, yeah and the way they have handled the betas have been fail. But I will give them this, according to the lastest patch notes. They have been listening to the players feedback about a bunch of the concerns we the fans, and the press reviews had with certain things concerning the game. I won't give the details on the changes, but the patch notes are easily found if one care to look for them.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Sorry to beat that drum again, but it is entirely clear to me, that Bioware wasted too much time with small, trivial tinkering around. As a result the game has barely the minimum of almost everything. Whereever you look, it is so apparent. Let's hope after launch they quickly manage to add the stuff people wanted but which are apparently only on the "wall of things to come". I assume they spent too much time with changing the core elements, and now everthing else is... functional.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by Elikal

Sorry to beat that drum again, but it is entirely clear to me, that Bioware wasted too much time with small, trivial tinkering around. As a result the game has barely the minimum of almost everything. Whereever you look, it is so apparent. Let's hope after launch they quickly manage to add the stuff people wanted but which are apparently only on the "wall of things to come". I assume they spent too much time with changing the core elements, and now everthing else is... functional.

I have just the opposite viewpoint that you do.  I think it's you who is too concerned with trivial things that aren't in the game, and not concerned enough with the bigger things that are.  They will be launching with 15 flashpoints (for every level range),  at least one operation, and another one very close to being done, 3 warfronts (the same amount that Rift launched with), open world PvP on Ilum that includes tactical objectives, free-for-all PvP on Tatooine, PvP lakes in other zones like WAR had, every type of server imagineable for all different types of play style, a crafting system that actually creates useful items and is complex enough to where it can't be powerlevelled, the beginnings of player housing in the form of ships, great character progression/customization with the advanced class system, and a questing system that involves fully voiced quests and an actual storyline to the game.  

Now, please explain to me how BioWare has only concentrated on trivial things.  This game is launching with more stuff than most MMOs ever dream of.  

• zeroToninzeroTonin Member Posts: 18

It's getting so close now that I don't really bother if I get to log in before launch, and seeing how I plan to take my time, enjoy the story and such, it would prolly ruin some of the experience if I actually got in. No doubt I would still do it tho, just play another class or something, but it's all a bunch of mixed feelings atm.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

I wonder if this means lower sales than expected.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

After the BattleCODware 3 EA  delivered whilst kicking dirt in the face of the Pc Battlefield fans that made Dice a successful company before going under EA's wing and being corrupted , I now have even less faith in TOR.  I see the same is happening to Bioware under EA's wing.  If EA's PR can get Dice to BS Pc gamers about BF3 being a true successor to BF2, whose to say what being hidden about TOR too. EA's influence is not having a good effect on these once proud stand alone developers. Same old EA, it's done it to handful of once great  stand alone developers.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

Will early access be considered beta? Just so they can cover themselves if any bugs happen during it. As some have said, i'm not sure at this stage if i would want to join beta just to have to start over in afew weeks time again for the early access.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by theniffrig

Will early access be considered beta? Just so they can cover themselves if any bugs happen during it. As some have said, i'm not sure at this stage if i would want to join beta just to have to start over in afew weeks time again for the early access.

Can't say if Bioware will consider it beta, but i won't. I figure whatever is in the early access is basically the actual game...bugs included.

I figure Early access is slightly before release and they won't give that to you (the early access) until the game is ready for launch as is.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.