Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of jumping back in.

RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Is eq2 still alive? I might jump back on my Coercer(90, t3) or sk(90 t3) when i get home, haven't played DoV.... any recommendations?

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
*Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
* Radeon HD 7970
*8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
*240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Yep, on the live version I hear AB is where all the action is (supposedly the most populated server).  Eq2 extended (free to play) server Freeport is 2nd most someone was saying today.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

is it still Tank heavy? will i be forced to play my Coercer as main lol? I enjoyed playing the SK.. I Off tanked in a pretty good guild down in Underfoot and would like to keep playing him but I do understand it's hard to plug and play as a tank. Do you have any info on what upgrades the enchanters and crusaders got in DoV and is the newer content way harder to adapt to for an old vet returning

* Radeon HD 7970

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Robgmur

Do you have any info on what upgrades the enchanters and crusaders got in DoV and is the newer content way harder to adapt to for an old vet returning

chanters are very popular at 90 - SKs not as much (because theres many more SKs)

Gearing up wont be an issue

can do public raid quests (happen every hour in DOV)

and SOE recectly removed the shard requirement on DOV tradeskilled armor

http://eq2wire.com/2011/10/11/october-11-2011-update-notes-beastlord-prelude-2-and-free-velious-armor/

• dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

Still alive as ever and i have a post on here about my new guild i started on AB if your interested.

Take a look and send e a tell in game if your looking for an active casual guild..

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

Just for a point of reference,  I decided to try out EQ2 two weeks ago and before I started I logged into every server and did the /who searches to figure out the populations.

On a Sunday monring around 11:00am  EST :

Freeport (EQ2X)  1623 players,  18% @ 90th level,

Antonia B  708 players  45% @ 90th level,  

Crushbone  557 players  50% @ 90th level,

Butcherblock  495 players 50% @ 90th level,

Nagafen 73 players 80% @ 90th level

VOX 32 players  60% @ 90th level

Since I am starting fresh I went with Freeport since it had a HUGE amount of people at low to mid levels to group with.   but if you are dusting off your previous 90's then I would suggest Antonia.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

eq2x the f2p one? my guys are on Crushbone, so I might just stick to that one  

* Radeon HD 7970

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

crushbone is one of the more popular live servers - have fun

http://eq2wire.com/2011/03/28/splitpaw-unrest-top-new-hardware-reqs-freeport-eq2x-now-largest-server/

we’ve upgraded Antonia Bayle, Crushbone, Nagafen, and Freeport because they were the most highly populated servers.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by rutaq

Just for a point of reference,  I decided to try out EQ2 two weeks ago and before I started I logged into every server and did the /who searches to figure out the populations.

On a Sunday monring around 11:00am  EST :

Freeport (EQ2X)  1623 players,  18% @ 90th level,

Antonia B  708 players  45% @ 90th level,  

Crushbone  557 players  50% @ 90th level,

Butcherblock  495 players 50% @ 90th level,

Nagafen 73 players 80% @ 90th level

VOX 32 players  60% @ 90th level

I believe you can only see th people that are not Anonymous or Roleplaying that way.

For example, in Nagafen, since it's a PvP server, almost everyone is /anon or /rp, so you only see a very little fraction.